GreaseSpot Cafe

It's apparently official... JYDL appointed prez of TWI

Rocky

9 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Well, you haven't missed anything. She is cold and aloof demanding the slightest nuances of protocol anytime you have the misfortune of being in her presence. She is a backstabbing hypocrite who prefers the secrecy of back room dealings over the lighted stage. That's not a bad thing. Her public speaking style is that of a teacher addressing her school age students.

Interesting, really, how secretive TWI is when one understands the openness that is to be found in many churches. 

Some churches have several services in different styles on Sundays.  And the sermon (at least) of at least one of those services is frequently put up online the next day.  This enables regular attenders to listen again, or to catch a sermon for the first time if they couldn't attend the service.  It also enables total strangers to "listen in" to what that church sermonizes about. 

Compare and contrast with TWI.  TWI requires folk to sign up for a subscription (to be paid for) to receive a recording of the SNS sermon (sorry, teaching).  Nothing current is available online.  As far as I can tell, it's not even possible to "log in" to the TWI site (supposing you a Wayfer), to catch up on a missed sermon/teaching.

Compare and contrast, too, with TWI's biggest splinter group, CFFM.  They put their whole service up online together with other teaching series.  Love 'em or hate 'em, you know what you're getting and they are trying to be open about what they're doing.

No prizes for working out which arrangement is more likely to move the Word over the world, to spread the gospel, or even just to instill confidence that the teachings/sermon are legitimate and not some crank's ideas about ... who knows what.  (In fact, even cranks post their musings online for all to see and hear.) 

I haven't heard RFR or JYdL teach that I can recall, it's far too long ago: but I suffered enough under LCM.  That man couldn't keep a clean mouth.  I learned more foul words and expressions during SNS and especially Corps Night teachings than I ever heard anywhere before.  Nah, you wouldn't want those "sermons" available for all to listen in to. :nono5: 

Maybe an early thing for Jean-Yves to do would be to arrange for a more interactive website with publicly-available teachings.  Yah, that's really gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2017 at 0:09 PM, OldSkool said:

I post here to expose twi deceitful practices. Hopefully my time here has helped the unsuspecting potential follower understand the truth. The truth that twi is a sham.

OS, coming to the GSC has helped me understand why I left TWI.  I got out in 1988, and never looked back.  I enjoyed most of my time in, but always felt that something was off.  If I had known all the dreck that happened in Way World, I would of left sooner.

• Upvote 1

On 14/5/2017 at 6:21 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

I have seen posts that say the same things, or worse, about her.  I heard WPW teach several times, and I thought he was boring!!  I think one of the best teachers I ever heard teach was Ralph D.  What a great teacher he was.  Funny, but sharp!!  I thought he should of been appointed the head of TWI, when VPW died, instead of Craig.  I know he was badly treated by the BOT, but they were a--holes, and he wasn't.  From what I understand he lives/lived in Massachusetts.  I wish him a long, and happy life.

When someone asked vpw why he (single-handedly) selected lcm as his successor, he told them outright that it was because lcm never questioned him, he just followed orders.  There were a number of competent people at the top (competent for twi, at least), but lcm was the one who would follow vpw over a cliff.  There was also some thinking that the corps would fall in line with lcm like they wouldn't with anyone else.

If you read the digest of "VP and Me", lcm's book about how much he worshipped vpw, you'd see how lcm spent his entire adult life after college in twi itself-with no training outside of college or twi. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

• Upvote 1

BlueCord: "What is the "snow on the gas pump" story?"

Waysider:

"Wierwille said he asked God for a sign regarding the direction of his life and career. The result was an unprecedented snowstorm that was so intense it quickly covered the gas pumps at the filling station across the street. It was recounted in a book called The Way: Living in Love. You can revisit a thread that was devoted to an analysis and review of the book HERE. It's rather lengthy but a good read, nonetheless ."

One fascinating thing about it...He said it was one of the 2 most important days of his life. Yet, A) he could not keep the details straight- There's 1 account in his "TW-LiL"and a contradicting account in Mrs W's biography. In one account,  he heard audibly from God, and the next day he asked God to prove it- in the other account, he asked God to prove it immediately. In both accounts, he said he wanted God to prove it by letting him see it snow- and immediately he saw a heavy, heavy snow obscuring everything out the window in the early afternoon.  But- what did the snow look like. He told Mrs W that the scene was BLACK.  He told  EW (for TW:LiL) that the snow was WHITE.   Also, despite it being an incredible, unique experience, he didn't go home and immediately tell his wife. Even Mrs W agreed with his account that he didn't tell anyone in 1942, but waited until "the early corps", which means sometime around 1970.  Notice how the pfal class never mentioned it?  In that, he claimed he'd dedicated his life to "that field" (Bible research, etc), and once he mentioned in passing that God chose him for that profession, but dropped that line of discussion there. (Hey, any dedicated minister should think that they were chosen by God to be a minister, in one form or another.)  But the "God spoke to me audibly" stuff was reserved for insiders. That's why the average cult reference mentioned his doctrine, but not that part or this imaginary snowstorm (nor the OTHER imaginary snowstorm, on the supposed OTHER important day of his life-the day he met Stiles.)

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:09 AM, WordWolf said:

One fascinating thing about it...He said it was one of the 2 most important days of his life. Yet, A) he could not keep the details straight- There's 1 account in his "TW-LiL"and a contradicting account in Mrs W's biography. In one account,  he heard audibly from God, and the next day he asked God to prove it- in the other account, he asked God to prove it immediately. In both accounts, he said he wanted God to prove it by letting him see it snow- and immediately he saw a heavy, heavy snow obscuring everything out the window in the early afternoon.  But- what did the snow look like. He told Mrs W that the scene was BLACK........<snip>

........."And the sun was shining brightly. It was in the fall of the year. Gorgeous. There wasn't a cloud in the sky."

And then.............

Black Snowstorm

We've done VPW, thankfully to death.  I don't know how much contact VPW himself would actually have had with someone like JYdL, very minimal - the other trustees and the dancing Prez would have done much more to "develop" JYdL and his wife.

So, to bring this thread back to the topic - anybody know anything much about JYdL

You newer escapees, what do you know of him, if anything?  I quite liked the man I last saw - gosh, would be over 20 years ago now.  He didn't strike me as future Prez material (but then, why should he have done?) but as quiet, obedient and committed.  He was very busy, in International Outreach, translated the PFAL books into French and recorded the French version of PFAL.  And that must have been 30 years ago.

It may be that being "quiet, obedient and committed" is precisely what's got him appointed as Prez.

Like I said in a much earlier post, he was the mog who got on the phone to me after we told mosquito we were leaving campus and said they would pay our airfares back to n.z. IF we kept our mouths shut about what we had seen going on...I guess that qualifies him as prez lol

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

So, to bring this thread back to the topic - anybody know anything much about JYdL

You newer escapees, what do you know of him, if anything?  I quite liked the man I last saw - gosh, would be over 20 years ago now.  He didn't strike me as future Prez material (but then, why should he have done?) but as quiet, obedient and committed.  He was very busy, in International Outreach, translated the PFAL books into French and recorded the French version of PFAL.  And that must have been 30 years ago.

It may be that being "quiet, obedient and committed" is precisely what's got him appointed as Prez.

Regarding translating pfal books into French and French version of pfal..........that was Tom Knupp.

But yeah......"quiet, obedient, committed, and fiercely loyal to Rosalie" got him the big chair.  PLUS.......he isn't likely to strike out on his own anytime soon and do something like a lcm-type wap class.  Jean-Yves will be the face of twit.......and Rosalie will keep the trains running on time as the vice-prez.

45 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Jean-Yves will be the face of twit.......and Rosalie will keep the trains running on time as the vice-prez.

So very typical. Rosie wants to appear to not be in charge but she n donnie i mean donna def still at the helm.

Reminds me of when T!m M@rtind@le and a car load of young staffers went out to Grand Lake in Celina and got wasted. All the young staffers were fired when word got out of their night of youthful drunkenness. T!m wasnt disciplined. In fact he had a room in founders hall. Donna took his name plate off the door but he was still staying there anytime he needed. I dealt with the blowback for months from young people on staff. Oh, there was a mass exodus of young staffers that same year. Once word got out on the field it became very difficult to bring young people to HQ. Lol.

Just give the appearance of change, you know, shuffle the cards a little but same deck, same predictible results. Anytime rosie starts a sentence with "I think blah blah" it's understood as a command. I have no doubt jydl knows all to well what rosie red thinks should be done. And thats ecactly what he will do.

A spineless yes maam is he. (Typed in my best Yoda voice.)

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Regarding translating pfal books into French and French version of pfal..........that was Tom Knupp.

But yeah......"quiet, obedient, committed, and fiercely loyal to Rosalie" got him the big chair.  PLUS.......he isn't likely to strike out on his own anytime soon and do something like a lcm-type wap class.  Jean-Yves will be the face of twit.......and Rosalie will keep the trains running on time as the vice-prez.

yeah Skyrider pretty much nailed it on the head with that one. I met Jean-Yves twice, he is one of Rosalie's 'boys' when she says jump!! he will be saying 'how high?apart from that he was not impressed with me since i fell asleep during Rosalies welcoming speech at Founders Hall for International students(no bad intentions at the time) funny now LOL! 

3 hours ago, Allan said:

Like I said in a much earlier post, he was the mog who got on the phone to me after we told mosquito we were leaving campus and said they would pay our airfares back to n.z. IF we kept our mouths shut about what we had seen going on...I guess that qualifies him as prez lol

and i ask myself how people would want to continue in a deceitful cult like this led by someone who does this kind of thing to families?! Brainwashed i say! but its the modus operandi of the way nothing new...

Edited by higherground30
needed revelation before editing
  • Upvote 1

Tom Knupp, huh?  Never heard of him.  Perhaps he was M&A'd before I got to HQ.  I was told it was translated by JYdL. so of course I believed it.  But I can also easily believe that it was someone else.

A bit off topic, but I also understood that J0rge H!itchf3ld did the Spanish version of the PFAL book.  Anyone know if that's true?  Or not?

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

Tom Knupp, huh?  Never heard of him.  Perhaps he was M&A'd before I got to HQ.  I was told it was translated by JYdL. so of course I believed it.  But I can also easily believe that it was someone else.

A bit off topic, but I also understood that J0rge H!itchf3ld did the Spanish version of the PFAL book.  Anyone know if that's true?  Or not?

Basically.....1979-1984 time frame with French translations around 1982 (?).

Tom Knupp......5th corps grad, ordained, headed up Africa Outreach - specifically Zaire, at the time, worked with Gary Curtis and others in Translations Dept.....one of their daughters married a Coulter kid.  Still involved in twi.....as far as I know.

Tom and wife, Marilyn, spent a year living in Zaire.......working with three twi-ordained guys Bayunga Nioka-Simbi, Nsimba (Andre) Zakompani and Kinkela (Roger) Lutambi and the exploding outreach at that time.

Edited by skyrider

Twinky.......whoever told you that JYDL translated that stuff was mistaken, unless there was some minor translation errors that needed fixed/updated.

JYDL graduated from the corps program in 1988.........and I flew to Toronto and performed their wedding. 

1988 was "fog years" era with the lcm-stumbling early 90's........no French translation work then.  I don't think Jean-Yves has done anything of significance that warrants the big chair.......except being loyal to rosie,  The advantages go to her..........not him.

On 2/25/2017 at 0:56 AM, Longhunter said:

RR is like V Putin, she can change her title as many times as she wants, she's still calling the shots. Hell, throw Donna in that same category as well. 

This is a giant political ruse, a response to a letter that circulated last year among standing Way Corps. The letter listed grievences and this was her was of putting out the fire. However, several long standing people left HQ (voluntarily or alt. voluntarily) during the drama. 

TWI's numbers are dwindleing at a rapid pace and even active members are beginning to read books and teachinings and research done by outside Christian groups and authors. 

There's nothing holding it together, money isn't coming in, people aren't joining, and they aren't publishing anything but plastic sound bite anecdotal hallmark card articles. Of course anyone with any education or research ability left 35 years ago and even then most of VP's work was either a century outdated (his Greek was awful) or outright plagiarized. LCM didn't even know what a foot note was and had all the scholasticism that you'd expect a 1 year Kansas football jock to have. 

The internet is their big enemy now because of their crooked (legal, financial, sexual, violent, nazi sympathizing, plagiarism) past and anyone with Google can call BS on their "research" and a new President won't change this. All I can guess is that they have to continue to target the poor, desperate, uneducated folks in Africa, T&T, rust belt, and wherever they think they can sell their snake oil. 

I'd say they're in their final throes, but then again, how have they lasted this long anyway?

//end rant//

Why would anyone want to be in TWI anyway?  I left almost 30 years, and life is so much better outside of Way World.  I am surprised that with all the information about TWI on the Internet, people choose to stay.  Why???

14 hours ago, skyrider said:

He sounds boring to me, but perhaps this is what TWI wants now days.  God forbid if TWI had someone who was smart, and dynamic.  

13 hours ago, OldSkool said:

So very typical. Rosie wants to appear to not be in charge but she n donnie i mean donna def still at the helm.

Reminds me of when T!m M@rtind@le and a car load of young staffers went out to Grand Lake in Celina and got wasted. All the young staffers were fired when word got out of their night of youthful drunkenness. T!m wasnt disciplined. In fact he had a room in founders hall. Donna took his name plate off the door but he was still staying there anytime he needed. I dealt with the blowback for months from young people on staff. Oh, there was a mass exodus of young staffers that same year. Once word got out on the field it became very difficult to bring young people to HQ. Lol.

Just give the appearance of change, you know, shuffle the cards a little but same deck, same predictible results. Anytime rosie starts a sentence with "I think blah blah" it's understood as a command. I have no doubt jydl knows all to well what rosie red thinks should be done. And thats ecactly what he will do.

A spineless yes maam is he. (Typed in my best Yoda voice.)

Why was Tim allowed to stay if the others got fired?  I know he is Donna's son, but if the others got fired, he should of been fired also.  

11 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Why was Tim allowed to stay if the others got fired?  I know he is Donna's son, but if the others got fired, he should of been fired also.  

The other kids basically were blamed for being a bad influence on Tim.

4 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

The other kids basically were blamed for being a bad influence on Tim.

OS, I understand what you are saying, but I think the opposite might have been true.  Tim was an adult, he was responsible for his decisions.  If he had not been Donna's son, I bet his azz would of been fired also.  Thanks for the information!!!

On 5/16/2017 at 1:38 AM, WordWolf said:

When someone asked vpw why he (single-handedly) selected lcm as his successor, he told them outright that it was because lcm never questioned him, he just followed orders.  There were a number of competent people at the top (competent for twi, at least), but lcm was the one who would follow vpw over a cliff.  There was also some thinking that the corps would fall in line with lcm like they wouldn't with anyone else.

If you read the digest of "VP and Me", lcm's book about how much he worshipped vpw, you'd see how lcm spent his entire adult life after college in twi itself-with no training outside of college or twi. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

WW, I read a few of LCM's articles in various Way Publications.  Lord, what a dreadful writer he was! Boring!  I have no idea where he lives today, nor do I give a hoot.