GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Fundraiser 2017

modcat5

Folks,

Last year a bunch of us came together to demonstrate our appreciation for GSC by making a contribution to the cost of maintaining the site.

We set a goal of $1,500 to cover the cost of upgrading the server and covering the hosting fees for the year (about $100 a month). We came pretty close, and we are grateful for your support.

We're coming back to you, hat in hand, to renew our request. Our goal this year is $1,200. That will cover the majority of the hosting expense for a full year.

It is NOT tax deductible. It is NOT a requirement for participation on the forum. You don't get a special badge. You get our thanks, privately. If you'd like to make the fact that you donated public, we will acknowledge it publicly. But that's your call.

And to be absolutely clear: I personally do not benefit one red cent from this. If someone came in and dropped a million dollar tip for the GSC wait staff, modcat5 and my alter-ego would not benefit from it at all not even a little. I am not asking for me. I am asking for the site's actual owner, who is not me.

$1,200. Let's see if we can do it by April 30.

I'll get us started. Will you join me?

The donate button is on every page, upper left.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I promised myself I wouldn't pester anyone, but now that you've asked publicly, I'll check with Paw.

My guess is: Lousy. We're putting the $$ burden back on one person.

But if I'm wrong and we have a generous benefactor, I will let you know.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

I can give, but I don't know how to do it!!  Can you E-mail me the details??  Thanks!!!

The way to start is to click the Donate button on the front page of each forum.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, pawtucket said:

Yes Grace you did it correctly, thank you.

I usually send an email, but I was sick for a while and got behind on my duties.

I appreciate the generosity, The site has been paid through July, including the renewal for the forum licence.

Just to confirm the site is paid up through July 2018, right? :)