GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps Pentagon

Bolshevik

Googling "Way Corps Pentagon" came up with pictures of Donald Trump and the Secretary of State.

But I also found this:  http://waycorps.ning.com/main/authorization/signIn?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwaycorps.ning.com%2F

Which shows a five-pointed star.  I remember a pentagon.  Not a star.  A pentagon with Apostles, Prophets etc.  From a list, in a verse or two, from the Bible.

Here: Pentagon

Is there any known history as to why a pentagon was used?  Does there happen to be a more symbolic reason for this?

I recently came across a document, an insert into the graduation "program" leaflet, that explained what all the parts of the WC seal were supposed to represent.  If I can locate that again, I'll scan it and post it for you.

I imagine, can't recall, that the 5 sided seal is supposed to represent "grace" and of course the words around it represent the "five gift ministries" that were all that TWI seemed to see.

14 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Is there any known history as to why a pentagon was used?  Does there happen to be a more symbolic reason for this?

Here is what I remember........

Someone in the 6th corps told wierwille that the five-pointed star had connotations to witchcraft symbolism......and remember, the 6th corps was when the corps numbers rocketed upwards to near 330 at the Emporia Campus (the 5th corps was only 75 or so).  Anyways, Christ0pher Br00ks (6th corps) and a couple of others got together and pitched their new-logo efforts to wierwille.  Add some double borders, oak leaves, etc......and presto, new-improved corps logo with the five gift ministries (in Ephesians, no less --- lol) to border the pentagon logo.

Wierwille, the man who was high on marketing, low on results.....sanctioned it.  Even though it removed the "C" (Christ in the center of the logo)......it symbolized the church epistles, the gift ministries.....and thus, wierwille's corps program (cough, cough).

IMO......it highlighted wierwille in all his arrogant glory.  It displaced Christ and elevated wierwille's "disciples-in-the-making".......duly noted as corps grads. 

YET.....where were those illustrious apostles? prophets? evangelists? pastors? and teachers?........who graduated from the corps program?  This logo was changed in 1980 or thereabouts.......and yet, no one ever breathed the spiritual air that wierwille did.  NONE.  To even voice it out loud was blasphemous........in cult world.  Some of the zealots really thought that wierwille was gifted with all five ministries......he WAS an apostle, prophet, etc.  After all, he was "the man of gawd" for the whole world.

Splash the marketing around.........and the cult reinvents itself, over and over again.

Twi Manipulation by Inference

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2005 at 9:02 AM, skyrider said:

igotout,

Thanks for posting that pic.

It's quite telling to look at that.......OLD CORPS LOGO.

Christ is the center of the five-pointed star.......with the bible, horn of plenty, candle, running foot and dove (holy spirit) to represent aspects of the five corps objectives.

Later, in about 1980 or 1981 (anyone remember?)......Chrxstopher Broxks and a couple other 6th corps guys put forth a new corps logo, with a pentagon and the five gift ministries. Christ was removed from the center......and the five gift ministries bordered the logo.

So......faithful stewards in an ever-changing organization??????? I don't think so.

:asdf::asdf:

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

TWI was clearly gnostic.  I remember Donn@ Martinfail teaching clearly that the spirit realm was more real than the chair you're sitting in.  Two-thirds of our being is lesser than our spirit-third.  Thus wayfers ignore the five senses, emotional input, and seek to completely control the physical realm.

Wierwille plagiarized, but what type of works?  The most common symbol of Christianity, the cross, was seen as evil.  But the holy spirit dove was everywhere.  The only other symbols that come to mind are the pentagon, or inverted five point star, and the open bible on a tree.

easternstar.png 

Did he steal that idea?

1 hour ago, waysider said:

I didn't find a bible in a tree, but I did find a tree in a bible. Does that count?

Sure.  The backgrounds in the auditorium were switched from the way tree/bible to the pentagon depending on the meeting (corps vs everyone else).  The corps obviously have superior knowledge to the rest, VPW may have wanted a freemasonry-like symbol.

12 hours ago, skyrider said:

Here is what I remember........

Someone in the 6th corps told wierwille that the five-pointed star had connotations to witchcraft symbolism......and remember, the 6th corps was when the corps numbers rocketed upwards to near 330 at the Emporia Campus (the 5th corps was only 75 or so).  Anyways, Christ0pher Br00ks (6th corps) and a couple of others got together and pitched their new-logo efforts to wierwille.  Add some double borders, oak leaves, etc......and presto, new-improved corps logo with the five gift ministries (in Ephesians, no less --- lol) to border the pentagon logo.

Wierwille, the man who was high on marketing, low on results.....sanctioned it.  Even though it removed the "C" (Christ in the center of the logo)......it symbolized the church epistles, the gift ministries.....and thus, wierwille's corps program (cough, cough).

IMO......it highlighted wierwille in all his arrogant glory.  It displaced Christ and elevated wierwille's "disciples-in-the-making".......duly noted as corps grads. 

YET.....where were those illustrious apostles? prophets? evangelists? pastors? and teachers?........who graduated from the corps program?  This logo was changed in 1980 or thereabouts.......and yet, no one ever breathed the spiritual air that wierwille did.  NONE.  To even voice it out loud was blasphemous........in cult world.  Some of the zealots really thought that wierwille was gifted with all five ministries......he WAS an apostle, prophet, etc.  After all, he was "the man of gawd" for the whole world.

Splash the marketing around.........and the cult reinvents itself, over and over again.

Thanks Skyrider.  That is interesting that it was originally a star.

I'm sure he was trying to enter into his own flow-charts.  Like becoming the triangle in the great principle.

• 1 year later...

And maybe Christopher Watkins? Family.

And, I heard the same story...Pentagon encloses Pentagram. Five Ministries surround and hem in dat debbil, and LOL, dem debbil spurts! Hah.