GreaseSpot Cafe

Revival and Restoration

OldSkool

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

DWBH, I'm picking you don't like my Corps Coords very much... ah, shame. /sarc/

I'll PM you in a few hours when I get back home again.

Well, I'd PM you if you could receive messages, but apparently you can't.  So I PM'd you via FB.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, Bolshevik said:

There's no non-corps signatures?

How will we know who's a True Faithful Standing Believing Believer of the Household of Believers of The Way and who's just a True Faithful Standing Believer of the Household of Believers of The Way R&R?

That's the thing..........when a religious hierarchy is established, the ones with a designated perch don't want to give up that "prominent position."

No non-corps signatures.......because they are NOT included in the inner sanctum of discussions and decision-making.  See how that works?  If non-corps were included, then they too have a seat at the table and the dfac-corps cannot lord over them in the new splinter group.

• From the RnR letter and meeting........already, they've shown that its same-old wierwille pyramid structure in place.
  • They want to lord over "their" flock.  The corps........er, ex-corps......will be doing the decision-making. 
  • Of course, THIS TIME it will really be "revival and restoration".........unlike Geerites, CES, CFF, etc.

How many confrontations, mark/avoids, slanderings, and character-assassinations have these people sat thru the past 30-40 years?  What did you think when wierwille called corps/clergy cop-outs for dissenting and leaving?  Did wierwille allow questions to be open-aired for ALL to see?  HELL NO.

You RnR folk........STILL have no clue.

Wierwille founded a cult..........and YOU are it.

Until............you wake the hell up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

You RnR folk........STILL have no clue.

Wierwille founded a cult..........and YOU are it.

Until............you wake the hell up.

Can whited sepulchres "wake the hell up?" Just sayin'

Edited by Rocky

I'm not even going to bother listening/watching to the R&R presentations you all are talking about. I remember when we got the boot writing a four-page letter explaining our situation to the Reverend Mr. Fort. We felt we had been unfairly treated by D*&e M1ln$r, the branch coordinator, and wished to clarify what we saw as his sarcastic, legalistic, unreasonable attitude. The Most Exceedingly Great and Mighty Man of God the Reverend Mr. Fort wrote a snide, snarky sarcastic little note on the last page of our letter and sent it back. Something like "Amazing that you take four pages to explain what D.M. could explain clearly in four sentences in a phone call. Don't bother trying to come back." I did figure out where D.M. learned his nasty, sarcastic ways, though.

The Moneyhands as you call them were limb leaders in a state we lived in. They were, to my humble observation, very very very very superior to us mere peasants. The Mrs. did offer to administer some kind of a personality test to me, which I declined. "Don't you want to know how you think?" she asked me. "I believe I'm supposed to think the Word of God." I replied. I don't have a terribly good impression of her brand of psychology. Didn't trust her then or now.

I don't remember meeting any of the other people on the list. Sad, though, to think they are setting themselves up to delude, degrade, and destroy even more hapless souls than they already have. Not a single one of them is worth a penny of my money or a second of my time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 5/11/2017 at 3:55 PM, skyrider said:

So.......admittedly,  this group has been scheming a departure and "power grab" for at least 4 years. 

First of all, this RnR group will SOON REALIZE.......once people break away from the fear-based twit-cult, they will NOT automatically follow another "designated leader."  Once the stranglehold is broken......and IF any venture on over to GSC......they will find whole new vistas of thought and freedom.  Their critical thought processes will engage......AND......many will STOP GOING TO AN RnR-SPLINTER GROUP, as well.

Many who went to CES..........don't anymore.

Many who went to CFF..........don't anymore.

Once people break free from the chains of fear, manipulation and exploitation........they ain't going to regularly attend RnR "fellowships" and give a hunk of their hard-earned money to ANOTHER group that preaches wierwille-adulation.  Plus, add in some corps grad egos who want salaried........and, bang, off to the races they go with more in-fighting, back-biting, and splintering.

Once people exit a cult..........it's a brave, new world out there.  Go for it.

Waysider, you are so right honey!!  I left TWI years ago, and I wish I had left sooner!! I do not understand why this splinter group thinks it will succeed, where as others have failed. From what I have read about this new group, they are clones of TWI, and TWI was one twisted, and sick group of people.  Please forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems to me, this new group is interested in attracting followers, to get their money.  I am so sick of that sheet; I think this new group is just another cult.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:16 PM, Allan said:

Password for a (Christian) website ??!! I know some sites do have them for their leadership page/forum BUT not to just try to surf their site lol. How is anyone expected to be blessed or informed with their site ? ;) What are they afraid of ? critics ? mockers ? Dang shame, I had a loose 20k sitting around I wanted to donate to them :rolleyes:

Allan, if you have 20 Grand burning a hole in your pocket, perhaps we could start our own cult with it!  Just kidding honey!!  Seriously, I don't understand the point of this new group.  Are they supposed to be a new Christian group, or what?  Somehow, they seem like a bunch of duds to me, but others may think they are great.  I don't see them being successful, because they seem like they may devour each other. I would not waste my time, or money on them.

The church I'm involved with is big time into helping people get ahead...they've bought people cars, helped them with business start ups etc....bless and be blessed is one of their beliefs...I guess THAT's what ' practise believing to bring abundance to you and the church should really mean ?!'  :beer:

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Allan said:

The church I'm involved with is big time into helping people get ahead...they've bought people cars, helped them with business start ups etc....bless and be blessed is one of their beliefs...I guess THAT's what ' practise believing to bring abundance to you and the church should really mean ?!'  :beer:

Thats really cool!! 

17 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

I didn't recognize MF either.  I knew him years ago, but I do not have fond memories of him.  

My main memory of him is during a meeting at Corps week, he was showing slides of our days in residence.  When a picture of some one who had left TWI came up he would say, "And where are they now?  Nowhere."  Now he's Nowhere I guess.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, Watered Garden said:

I don't remember meeting any of the other people on the list. Sad, though, to think they are setting themselves up to delude, degrade, and destroy even more hapless souls than they already have. Not a single one of them is worth a penny of my money or a second of my time.

Another generic mumbo-jumbo wierwille splinter cult............

• Why is it?............Seems like every splinter group starts out the same way?
  • Same generic spiel.........same "get back to the Word that wierwille taught us"
  • Same pyramid structure, same "way tree" concept, same funneling $$$$ one direction.....
  • And NEVER......NEVER broach the subject of wierwille's plagiarism, drunkenness, twisted scripture, predatory assaults, etc.
  • Why ANOTHER wierwille cult-splinter?

When people escape from Scientology.......do they start up another L. Ron Hubbard splinter group? 

Why are the wierwille splinters everywhere?  Is it THAT easy to tweak some scriptures and gain a following?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, skyrider said:

Another generic mumbo-jumbo wierwille splinter cult............

• Why is it?............Seems like every splinter group starts out the same way?
  • Same generic spiel.........same "get back to the Word that wierwille taught us"
  • Same pyramid structure, same "way tree" concept, same funneling $$$$ one direction.....
  • And NEVER......NEVER broach the subject of wierwille's plagiarism, drunkenness, twisted scripture, predatory assaults, etc.
  • Why ANOTHER wierwille cult-splinter?

When people escape from Scientology.......do they start up another L. Ron Hubbard splinter group

Why are the wierwille splinters everywhere?  Is it THAT easy to tweak some scriptures and gain a following?

in my opinion "the word that wierwille taught us" contained a very insidious element - it was a simple idea....one that he conveyed in so many different ways.....it was the idea that god taught him the word so he could teach others...that idea captured my imagination for 12 years....maybe that's one of the things that keeps these die-hards going....when things get tough or confusing - get back to basics - what wierwille taught - yeeeech! In the aftermath of passing of a patriarch,  I remember one of my corps brothers saying when he got to his field assignment he was going to run back to back PFAL classes - that was his solution to all the dark and depressing nonsense of those days.

That's so crazy and weird - to think back on that time with what I know now. For anyone to be so rah-rah PFAL and rally around all things wierwille - was like trying to help someone coming off a bad acid trip and saying what you need is more acid....it's a trip alright - - wierwille's ego trip.

....wierwille had that connected-to-god status in the minds of many - and that is a hard thing to let go....and maybe that's why splinter groups throw a cloak of invisibility over wierwille's moral depravity....but i tend to think each reiteration of wierwille's teachings gets more troublesome. like when you make a copy of a copy - there's degradation - of already shoddy material.

from what little i've read on Scientology - some folks do split off and do their own thing - holding onto certain beliefs and their trusty e-meter. I could see that "autonomy" as an option for some folks in any cult who like certain things but not all the control exerted by the established group - so they slit - on their own or with a few others. that's how some religious movements get started.

Edited by T-Bone
clarity

10 hours ago, Allan said:

Amen! That's what it's all about Allan

Don't see any of that happening down at the way in NZ 

8 hours ago, T-Bone said:

<snip>

....wierwille had that connected-to-god status in the minds of many - and that is a hard thing to let go....and maybe that's why splinter groups throw a cloak of invisibility over wierwille's moral depravity....but i tend to think each reiteration of wierwille's teachings gets more troublesome. like when you make a copy of a copy - there's degradation - of already shoddy material.

Deceived and deceiving others........

Wierwille NEVER had that connection.  As a plagiarist and false teacher, he feigned words of spiritual grandeur to make merchandise of others.  In his lust and covetousness, wierwille will receive judgment and rebuke from the Lord..............others who copy this degradation, will receive likewise. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

Wierwille NEVER had that connection.  As a plagiarist and false teacher, he feigned words of spiritual grandeur to make merchandise of others.  In his lust and covetousness, wierwille will receive judgment and rebuke from the Lord..............others who copy this degradation, will receive likewise. 

yeah - just to clarify what i said - it was the huge lie that he started - that god talked to him and continued to guide him throughout his "ministry" - that i naively believed for 12 years - the huge lie is still perpetuated by others . that's why i put it this way:

"....wierwille had that connected-to-god status in the minds of many - and that is a hard thing to let go."

Edited by T-Bone
clarity

8 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

yeah - just to clarify what i said - it was the huge lie that he started - that god talked to him and continued to guide him throughout his "ministry" - that i naively believed for 12 years - the huge lie is still perpetuated by others . that's why i put it this way:

"....wierwille had that connected-to-god status in the minds of many - and that is a hard thing to let go."

T-Bone..........totally agree.  I knew that's what you were saying.......

I simply put it into a concise statement with no ambiguity.  Wierwille was a shyster. ..................and those who continue to heap adulation his way are in the same camp.  Splinter leaders of twit-cult are faceless scum who refuse to renounce and repent of this evil treachery.

14 hours ago, skyrider said:

Skyrider, you are so right!!  Someday all of us will be judged.  I know I have made a lot of mistakes, and God has forgiven me for them. But I think VPW was a Con man from the beginning of his life, until the end of it.  His primary goal was to amass as much money as possible, and then to control others.  What a sick puppy!