GreaseSpot Cafe

Revival and Restoration

OldSkool

3 hours ago, Taxidev said:

I don't know that Rico was actually "part of" the R&R group.  I get the impression that, while he did participate with them, he was always running on his own track since being ousted from TWI.  He made it very clear early on that he was supposed to be in charge.

Taxi, "...he was supposed to be in charge??!!"  My, what an ego the man has!!  Forgive me, but I throught God was in charge.  I have no idea who Rico is, but he sounds a bit like the late VPW.  

5 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Not really.  Rico participates in things with R&R, but Oikeos is his own ballgame.  This is fairly new also, from what I understand.  He had done a few teachings with R&R, but I haven't heard from him in at least 6 months.

So, Rico might be following TWI structure, but he's doing that on his own.

So I look at things like this:

https://oikeos.org/teachings/series/mystery-minded-leadership-conference/

Branded oikeos.  February 2018

Taught by Moynihan, Horney, Fort, Ryan, Rico

So to me it looks like these guys are teaming up and forming a ministry.  But maybe you know more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:
Apologia, Part V: Obedience to the Household of Faith (R. Magnelli)

Closing out his "class" with Obedience to the Household of Faith...........SEE, back to following orders!! 

Him leader........you grunt.

SSDD   :asdf:

And the teaching goes pretty rapidly south.

"It's about obeying God first, individually, and then helping others in the household of faith do better.  Titles aren't bad.  It's OK to have a title.  It's OK not to have a title.  The key is what you do with your heart and mind."

You see, for Rico, like for VPW, teaching solves everything.   One of the first apologia teachings here, to sum up, is mildly introducing the fact that structure is good.  It's OK to have titles.  You know, like the ones we are making up in our new ministry, with me as President.  You see, that title is OK, because it's not the title itself, but what you do with it.

Rico is sounding more and more like his father in the Word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Closing out his "class" with Obedience to the Household of Faith...........SEE, back to following orders!! 

SSDD 

:asdf:

SSDD

Same $hit Different Day

I hear ya on that one

Why am I not surprised that offshoots and loners who think wierwille’s theology is so great…and even claim their spiel will be a new and improved version (or a revived and restored version...or whatever you want to advertise it as) wind up reverting to the same old $hit…

it makes me think of the scene in Titanic, where Rose (played by Kate Winslet) is looking over some of the items recovered from the sunken ship  when treasure hunter Brock (Bill Paxton) asks her "are you ready to go back to Titanic" 

Edited by T-Bone

2 minutes ago, chockfull said:

And the teaching goes pretty rapidly south.

"It's about obeying God first, individually, and then helping others in the household of faith do better.  Titles aren't bad.  It's OK to have a title.  It's OK not to have a title.  The key is what you do with your heart and mind."

You see, for Rico, like for VPW, teaching solves everything.   One of the first apologia teachings here, to sum up, is mildly introducing the fact that structure is good.  It's OK to have titles.  You know, like the ones we are making up in our new ministry, with me as President.  You see, that title is OK, because it's not the title itself, but what you do with it.

Rico is sounding more and more like his father in the Word.

Chock, I think that "teaching," sounds like something from Mr. Rogers.:redface:

14 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Chock, I think that "teaching," sounds like something from Mr. Rogers.:redface:

The content, yes.

The delivery is much more authoritative sounding.  That and his energy is really popular with some.  Annoys the living daylights out of me, but that's just flesh stuff.

You know, OIKEOS to me is looking like "household" brand on the outside, but castaway thinking on the inside.

Edited by chockfull

6 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Or is there a merger in process?  I mean they have to determine if helping the household means oikeos only household, oikeos plus RnR, or what household it is they mean exactly LOL

Sure looks like they are involved with each other.

5 hours ago, skyrider said:

SSDD   :asdf:

SSDD indeed. I should apologia to Taxidev because this might irritate him further, but it is now abundantly clear that Rico and R&R, regardless of distinctions they might want to make about each other, are very much tied in together.

I listened to all of maybe 30 seconds of Rico's recording on obedience to the Household of Faith and recognized that the very first point he made was to conflate obedience to the HOF with obedience to God. "Obedience to the household or the family faith is really about obeying God."

He sets up his new cult structure with the old cult dogma. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Same S*it, Different Name for the cult. 

So, there you have it. We've wondered for a year or so what's up with these knuckleheads, and despite the protestations of Taxidev who claimed to be giving them the benefit of the doubt and watching their behavior and words, they're NO different from the group they splintered from.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Or is there a merger in process?  I mean they have to determine if helping the household means oikeos only household, oikeos plus RnR, or what household it is they mean exactly LOL

Chockfull.........precisely right.

Even the Oikeos Christian Network website, in defining its origin, is ambiguous.

What separates "the household of God" from "the Christian family of God?"  It is not stated on his website.   If its "Oikeos plus R&R"........then why not "Oikeos plus CFF?"  Why not include OTHER splinter groups like Panarello, Schoenheit, Lynn, and others?

And, if it's exclusive.......then it's NOT inclusive to Christian work.  So, why name it Oikeos Christian Network?

6 hours ago, chockfull said:

He has a huge ego that will not permit sharing the spotlight with others.  This is most directly evidenced by his actions leaving the Way.  He got revelation from God according to his story to go in and confront Rosalie and tell her that she was to step down and that he Rico was to be President, according to God.  According to Rosalie, he was a security risk by that statement who she had removed from the premises and kicked him out of the Way.

Yes, major ego is what I see also.

And, get ready, he described this in a teaching that is posted on the R&R web site!  I couldn't believe it.  The real kicker is that, in the bible, I see no direction AT ALL of God wanting an individual to be in charge of the body.  That job belongs to Jesus Christ.  The rest of us are just part of the body, no more, no less.

6 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

What’s happening with that monster of hypocrisy joe coulter? Is he retired yet?

When I stopped going to TWI fellowship early this year, he was still active, but I can't remember in what capacity.

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

So to me it looks like these guys are teaming up and forming a ministry.  But maybe you know more.

If they are, they haven't made it public.  I do see, however, that this Labor Day class is not posted on the R&R web site.  I can't even guess why not.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

How do you know that Rico is not linked at all to or with the R&R group?

When R&R formed, Rico was already doing his own thing in Florida.  He did give them some of his teachings for their web site, and I think he has a few posted on their facebook page also, but he already had in mind that he was to be in charge, so he was putting together his new Oikeos structure.  As far as I know, no one from R&R base group is involved in Oikeos.  But because the R&R base has a relationship with Rico, they join forces for these annual events.  And, the first event in Florida took place prior to Rico having his established Oikeos business, so he was just a participant teacher like the others.

Now, it's very possible that under the covers they have something in the works.  But until they lift those covers I won't know.  I am not privy to their plannings.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

So, there you have it. We've wondered for a year or so what's up with these knuckleheads, and despite the protestations of Taxidev who claimed to be giving them the benefit of the doubt and watching their behavior and words, they're NO different from the group they splintered from.

This doesn't irritate me.  But the R&R folks aren't involved in the Oikeos "business".  I would call it a ministry if I believed it to be.

So, I stand on all that I have originally described about the R&R group.  But, as I noted here in response to your other comment, if they have things going on under the covers, I don't know about that.