GreaseSpot Cafe

Revival and Restoration

OldSkool

6 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

A very scary new world for me. Being M&A’ed, my only human relationships were cut off immediately. I had not build any relationships outside of TWI at the direction of TWI. I did not want to have any influences outside of the household keeping me from building my relation with God. I blocked all relationships outside of TWI. 

That's it!  And prior to that, you'd been encouraged to (and had) cut off all your "worldly" relationships - friends and family.  You've nowhere to go.  You're tied to the cult - until they cut the ties and let you fall into total oblivion.  They don't care what happens to you.

Well, God cares.  The Good Shepherd comes out to seek you as one of the lost, when the 99 are safe.   There are safe places to go - some churches, some other non-religious places.

I'm sure he's seeking the ones still lost in TWI too, but they're obstinately hiding in rocks and caves.   

11 hours ago, skyrider said:

How can it possibly be *honorable* before God...... when modern-day Pharisees [twi and splinter leaders alike] uphold "the law of wierwille-doctrine" above the scriptures?  How can they cling to wierwille's teaching on "the absent Christ" when we see plainly that there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus [I Timothy 2:5] and he is the mediator of the new testament [Hebrews 9:14]?

If these splinter guys simply regurgitate pfal to their ex-twi groups..... then they are omitting "the weightier matters" of God's law, judgment, mercy and faith.

And, some of us here at GSC believe that wierwille skewed the teachings of the nine manifestations of holy spirit.  He tweaked them in a way that assigned them as rote [routine] acceptance....ie. speaking in tongues with interpretation in a believer's meeting.  Oftentimes, calling on someone in the audience that was neither ready nor inspired by God with such utterances.

I believe that our service, here at GSC, is far greater than the well-worn path of modern-day Pharisees and hypocrites.  The splinter guys are also lording over God's heritage......not setting free those who are held captive to pfal's cult-indoctrination.

Matthew 23 details this clarity:

1. Woe unto you........hypocrites [shut up the kingdom of heaven against men]  (verse 13)
  2. Woe unto you........hypocrites [ye devour widows' houses and for a pretense make long prayer]  (verse 14)
  3. Woe unto you........hypocrites [make disciples twofold more the child of hell than yourselves]  (verse 15)
  4. Woe unto you........hypocrites [omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy and faith]  (verse 23)
  5. Woe unto you........hypocrites [make clean the outside of the cup...within is full of extortion and excess]  (verse 25)
  6. Woe unto you........hypocrites [whited sepulchers.....full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness]  (verse 27)
  7. Woe unto you........hypocrites [you build the tombs of the prophets and garnish the sepulchers]  (verse 29)

100% agree.  The distinction I make is between leaders and followers.  I think most of the leaders are pretty cemented into their habits of manipulation.  The followers are sheep.

The path to freedom is the path away from the Pharisee and their influence.

And those words in Matthew are red letter edition straight from the mouth of my lord and savior.

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

100% agree.  The distinction I make is between leaders and followers.  I think most of the leaders are pretty cemented into their habits of manipulation.  The followers are sheep.

The path to freedom is the path away from the Pharisee and their influence.

And those words in Matthew are red letter edition straight from the mouth of my lord and savior.

Yes.....leaders (rulers) and followers (workers).

Long gone are the days when those distinctions were not so distinctly defined.  Where action, love and fellowship on the field was a driving force for involvement...... NOT dictates (dictators) at headquarters.

When I got involved, our twig fellowship rarely, if ever, mentioned Sunday Night service teachings or events.  Maybe my memories are hazy..... but I know that the songs we sang were mostly church hymns about Jesus.  It wasn't until around 1977 or 1978 that I saw a significant change in twi's cult antics.

Evolution of a cult, baby.  :anim-smile:

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

When I got involved, our twig fellowship rarely, if ever, mentioned Sunday Night service teachings or events. 

When I was involved you had to key off the way mag or sts when u taught a fellowship. There's variation in how that's carried out but...yeah...no way international fellowship is self governing. Way corps hands all over it

5 hours ago, OldSkool said:

When I was involved you had to key off the way mag or sts when u taught a fellowship. There's variation in how that's carried out but...yeah...no way international fellowship is self governing. Way corps hands all over it

Somewhere along the way..... I remember hearing an old preacher say, "True Christianity has no religion in it."  Religion is all man-made wherein authoritarian rulers set up their own hierarchies, mandates and judgments over others.

• Mark 8:15  And he [Jesus] charged them [his disciples], Take heed, beware of the leaven [doctrines / bureaucracy] of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.

After 20-25 years of corps graduates..... The Way International mandated their corps grads to be involved and confrontational over those "under them."  Seemed like every year the modern-day Pharisees ratcheted up more intimidation and pressure to 1) witness and 2) abs.  This *manufactured spiritual bureaucracy* was similar to that of a shake down

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 6:56 AM, OldSkool said:

Yes old versions of Way twigs were a lot more like local church plants.  They even controlled the money locally.

The next step was the takeover and centralization of the money.  The dismissal of Doop and Heefner for TWI stooges.

Then PFAL nothing like a class based ministry to produce tangible revenue and control the teachings.  Then collaterals so you can draw in the edge case intellectuals.  We have a consistent one of theses here.

Then the campus takeovers to establish a college and programs u of l.  

SNS or STS the Sunday services always have driven the ministry.  It’s a highly controlled output where the teaching is coached to be vanilla and consistent with way past teachings.

On the field branches hook up to the SNS usually monthly at a minimum gathered together governed by Corps.  They do the SIT and interpretation and prophecy locally so the Corps can control it.

Home fellowship leaders usually meet weekly with Corps to set direction.  This involves teaching calendars and incorporating way mag sts and specific announcements like we need staff.

Home fellowships have the illusion and tenet of being self governing.  I witnessed the self disappear more and more over 20 plus years.

22 hours ago, skyrider said:

After 20-25 years of corps graduates..... The Way International mandated their corps grads to be involved and confrontational over those "under them."  Seemed like every year the modern-day Pharisees ratcheted up more intimidation and pressure to 1) witness and 2) abs.  This *manufactured spiritual bureaucracy* was similar to that of a shake down

Even before I went in the corps, I learned from my branch coordinator (corps grad) a good way to judge where the people in your Twig are at is by looking at their abundant sharing. I was told the reasoning behind that was something he had learned from wierwille – something along the lines of when people are blessed by the Word, they open their wallets…and remember God loves a cheerful giver…oh yeah, teach on the law of giving and receiving – you can’t outgive God…teach out of the Christians Should Be Prosperous collateral.

WHY  the big concern for giving 15% of my earnings to TWI?

Does God love cheerful moneygrubbers? 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Meanwhile in another part of the spacetime continuum:

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. 

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”   Mark 12 41-44

5 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Even before I went in the corps, I learned from my branch coordinator (corps grad) a good way to judge where the people in your Twig are at is by looking at their abundant sharing. I was told the reasoning behind that was something he had learned from wierwille – something along the lines of when people are blessed by the Word, they open their wallets…and remember God loves a cheerful giver…oh yeah, teach on the law of giving and receiving – you can’t outgive God…teach out of the Christians Should Be Prosperous collateral.

Close, but not quite. You may have been trying on the wrong gloves, T-Bone. You failed to absorb into your mind that the very LEAST a Christian can be expected to do is tithe. A Christian can't even crawl, much less walk, without tithing - at a minimum.

This is foundational. This is the dawning light.  SINE QUA NON.