Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe
OldSkool

Revival and Restoration

Recommended Posts

I'm pretty sure that someone mentioned, early on, either a "donation button" or a direct request in their stuff. A "donation button" on a Facebook page (that they don't pay for, for example) says a lot.   Whoever said it, please speak up. Whoever saw it, please link to the mention or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 1:55 PM, WordWolf said:

I don't doubt you one bit about this local group.  I don't doubt DWBH and others about the R&R originators, either.  If you're seeing great blessings locally and deliverance and healings or something (or some combinations along those lines), then that's what you're experiencing, and small wonder you'd stick around for that.

 

On the other hand, there's some people who saw lots of blessings locally- until HQ tightened the reins some time later.   That story's repeated itself in twi over, and over, and over.  If I were directly connected with any splinter group, regardless of the blessings, I'd keep an eye out for the temperature knob for the stove.  Sooner or later, someone is going to try to raise the temperature on the pot, and figure that- if it's done slowly enough- the frog won't notice the difference and won't jump clear, and will roast in the pot instead. These people had decades of training and experience in just that, and were fine with it for decades.  So, for me, the questions are "What will they do?" and "When will they do it?" not "Will they do something?"    To me, it's obvious that forming R&R was a step IN doing something FOR THEM.  I'm waiting to hear about their other steps

I'm more than a little suspicious of groups when their entire website is password- protected.  I have trouble believing their "donate" button isn't prominent as soon as you log in.  The Facebook page costs them nothing, and, if I heard correctly, doesn't have the "donate" button.  That's their PUBLIC face, so it's clever if they keep money off of that.  Too many of us have seen this in too many variations to buy that they really don't want the money.  vpw used to say he didn't care, also. WHEN THE MICROPHONES WERE ON.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taxidev said:

You are correct.  And that is exactly what happened - people wanted to give.  But the R&R group responded, in no uncertain terms, that people were NOT to give to them.  I know, unexpected.  The people had to find other places to give, and other people to serve.  I've been watching them since May 2017 and they haven't modified this position.

As I remember it........when the start-up splinter, CFF, was in its infant stage, they held nearly the same position.  In fact, they would send you their Sunday teaching tape free of charge....every week.....all you had to do was request it.  When Panarello broke away from twi in 2004......he, too, did the SAME THING.

This is NOT new.

If you are happy with your local "R/R" fellowship.......great.  Enjoy it.

Me?  I vividly saw what was behind the curtain of the wierwille-industrial-deception-complex. 

  • The deception?.........power over you
  • Slowly, ever-so-subtle......they don't want to frighten you away....
  • It ain't about the money (yet).......it's about *building a following*......
  • Some of these guys were trafficking girls to motor coaches and Cabin 12....

Ever study ALL the many times, ways and reasons the scriptures tell us to BEWARE?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I have trouble believing their "donate" button isn't prominent as soon as you log in.

I just logged in to check, and there is no donate button, there is no donate menu option, there is nothing about money anywhere.  It's just a listing of the recorded teachings, a listing of the teachers, and a contact page that is nothing more than a contact page.  That's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

A "donation button" on a Facebook page (that they don't pay for, for example) says a lot.

That would say a lot, but there isn't one.  If there was before May 2017 I wouldn't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

I just logged in to check, and there is no donate button, there is no donate menu option, there is nothing about money anywhere.  It's just a listing of the recorded teachings, a listing of the teachers, and a contact page that is nothing more than a contact page.  That's it.

With phone numbers and email addresses? Not that I need any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rejoice said:

Who are they?

This group was started by a dozen or so former way corps who brought up a list of grievances to the current BOD of TWI.  It reminded me of the 95 theses from Martin Luther, but only about 10 to 15 list items.  After trying to have a group meeting with all these folks and the BOD, they were all deemed "mark and avoid" by the BOD, and told flatly they are out.  So they started their own loose ministry - it began on facebook, which they still have, and published their web site. 

Essentially, they just teach.  They are scattered around the US, and do their thing locally, and they have a Sunday night phone call teaching, which they record and post on their web site.  Quite a number of the teachings were very good.

Eventually others from the way corps left TWI and attached themselves to this group, and even more were asked to leave TWI, so they also have gravitated to R&R, as they are commonly referred to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rocky said:

With phone numbers and email addresses?

Do you mean the list of teachers?  No, it's just names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

This group was started by a dozen or so former way corps who brought up a list of grievances to the current BOD of TWI.  It reminded me of the 95 theses from Martin Luther, but only about 10 to 15 list items.  After trying to have a group meeting with all these folks and the BOD, they were all deemed "mark and avoid" by the BOD, and told flatly they are out.  So they started their own loose ministry - it began on facebook, which they still have, and published their web site. 

Essentially, they just teach.  They are scattered around the US, and do their thing locally, and they have a Sunday night phone call teaching, which they record and post on their web site.  Quite a number of the teachings were very good.

Eventually others from the way corps left TWI and attached themselves to this group, and even more were asked to leave TWI, so they also have gravitated to R&R, as they are commonly referred to.

So far, I have heard nothing that hasn't been done by EVERY SPLINTER......

  1. "Essentially, they just teach"...................regurgitated teachings?
  2. "Others from the way corps left"............birds of a feather, flock together.

Just to step back and survey the landscape on this........lots of these corps are near retirement or retired.  Three couples were corps coordinators who have help "train" way corps while in-residence and gave their loyalty/adulation to wierwille, martindale and rivenbark.  Some have been itching for over 20 years to shake off that *debt-policy* in twi and ....  possibly buy a house (mortgage) and/or build some equity before it's too late.  And, rivenbark puts lapboy delisle as president as she slides into the vice prez slot to signal to all that she ain't going anywhere soon.  Duh.  Is it any wonder why others are jumping ship?

So what if 120 corps want to "team up" for a little while before they figure things out.  We've seen this MANY times before.

  • Until they denounce wierwille doctrine and come clean......they're just another splinter
  • Makes no difference if they took the marbles and crossed the street.....if it's the SAME marbles
  • Anyone paying attention noticed that **way corps convened a meeting**......to keep power over the others
  • Same caste system.........hell, I won't be surprised when they begin teaching their own "foundational class"
  • ......wake me up when they get back to "members in particular and the One Body of Christ"

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Do you mean the list of teachers?  No, it's just names.

Then it's not a contact list, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taxidev said:

This group was started by a dozen or so former way corps who brought up a list of grievances to the current BOD of TWI.  It reminded me of the 95 theses from Martin Luther, but only about 10 to 15 list items.  After trying to have a group meeting with all these folks and the BOD, they were all deemed "mark and avoid" by the BOD, and told flatly they are out.  So they started their own loose ministry - it began on facebook, which they still have, and published their web site. 

Essentially, they just teach.  They are scattered around the US, and do their thing locally, and they have a Sunday night phone call teaching, which they record and post on their web site.  Quite a number of the teachings were very good.

Eventually others from the way corps left TWI and attached themselves to this group, and even more were asked to leave TWI, so they also have gravitated to R&R, as they are commonly referred to.

Do they have jobs? Are they all independently wealthy?

If not, then they want (need) money from their followers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rocky said:

Then it's not a contact list, is it?

No, and I didn't say it was.  I said there's a contact page, and a list of teachers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rejoice said:

sad how these folks just can't let it go and just go live life.

That's an interesting point.  I do know why they started as a group in the first place, but I haven't heard the reasoning behind keeping this group together.  I follow them, and all I see them doing is teaching on Sundays, and then they are all doing their thing in their respective areas.  They do have a big gathering each year, typically in Florida, for a weekend of... I haven't been to one of them, so I can only guess - teachings.  I don't know if there is a central theme either.

What I have seen very clearly is their adherence to VPW's teachings, and they have much admiration for him.  It leads me to wonder if any of them actually were aware of the things going on with VPW, many of which DWBH has shared here.  I can't believe they could have known about that and still think so highly of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Taxidev said:

What I have seen very clearly is their adherence to VPW's teachings, and they have much admiration for him.  It leads me to wonder if any of them actually were aware of the things going on with VPW, many of which DWBH has shared here.  I can't believe they could have known about that and still think so highly of him.

C’mon Taxidev!

You’ve been here long enough by now, to know that these whited sepulchers not only KNEW EVERYTHING dictor paul, da forehead, and every one of THEMSELVES DID, but also participated in them from the early 1970s until today AFAIK! Boob and Doody were thick as thieves with dictor and coward Allen back in the ECU days. They were both involved with the Putsch of March 1972 in HQ’s hostile takeover of The Way East. I know because I was THERE! Geer was the other cog in the putsch wheel. He made up the lies and false stories about the Heefners, the Perezs (Steve and Laurie) and all the leadership in NYC and Long Island, which were used by Moneyhands and coward allen and dictor, to cover up and smoothe over the hostile corporate takeover and rape of The Way East, a separate and independent 501(c)3 charitable corporation.

Forts? Don’t even get me started. Horneys? Even worse!                THEY ALL PIMPED FOR THE BOT AND THEMSELVES. And, just like every other splinter outfit, these morons either already have a good $$ stash stocked away from wealthy parents, or a good clientele of equally dysfunctional and disturbed brainwashed cultists who act as sugar daddies for these little whores just like John Lynn, Gerald Wrenn, Vince Finnegan, Doug Seed, SOWERS, and every other POS offshoot of the Mothercult in New Knoxville. They’re all moggies and mogettes! LOL! There is that certain requisite opulence which accompanies all those “gift ministries” dontchya know!

These criminals pimped for dictor and the “trustees” from the early 1970s already. Then they pimped for da forehead and themselves. They paid for unwanted abortions by many of their sexual abuse victims. They stole millions of dollars from the faithful givers. They molested and raped hundreds upon hundreds of innocent women and girls! They drugged women to force themselves upon those women. They ordered the intimidation, harassment, and even physical violence against those who threatened them. They defamed, maligned, libeled, and slandered all who knew their M.O. They marked and avoided, isolated, financially decimated, abused and destroyed individuals, couples, and families without remorse or conscience. Many were alcoholics and guilty of domestic violence. Just about ALL of them were adulterers, liars, and thieves. They gave willfully false counsel and bore purposely false witness against innocents! Believers committed suicide because of their “counseling” practices and lockbox extortions! They ran a fraudulent criminal enterprise. That’s all they know how to do. They’ve been doing it for 46 years! They ain’t gonna stop now!!! LOL!

The TRUTH only hurts those who oppose it or deny it. If these facts “hurt” you Taxidev, it may be that “inner man” urging you to lighten up on some of that possible (though well-meaning) denial of the truth shared here at the GSC. The RnR televangelists are as rotten as that tree they fed and watered for 46 years in Ohio. Dead tree. Rotten fruit. Lake of fire material, not “bema time”! Selah and Godspeed Taxidev.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Taxidev said:

I believe they all are working secular jobs.

You believe? Or you have it on their word? Or some other authority?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Taxidev said:

No, and I didn't say it was.  I said there's a contact page, and a list of teachers.

Contact page to contact whom, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Contact page to contact whom, then?

It's just your typical generic web site contact page.  I don't know where it goes because I haven't used it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Taxidev said:

It leads me to wonder if any of them actually were aware of the things going on with VPW, many of which DWBH has shared here.  I can't believe they could have known about that and still think...

...and still think and do what [so many] did ?

well, here's a free thought or two (which might be worth no more than they cost you...)

try doing a little research (ala google, if you like) on narcissism, and wrap it (i.e., the effect of it, or how it works) around your head for a while.

trust me, you won't have to look far to see it in operation all around us...  and once you "get it," the disparity so evident in a great many things might start making a whole lot more sense.   which side of the tracks you come from (or have learned to see things from) can make one helluva difference.  and once you know you're on "the high side" of the tracks, the other side is simply "not where you're at."  although not all (high dollar) managers and politicians (just to name a few categories that come to mind) are afflicted with this... I suspect most are. 

some are born into it.  others (especially those of higher intellect) are simply more "naturally inclined" towards it.  of course, those that are "there" already are often quite adept at fostering similar features in those around them.  perhaps DWBH will be so kind as to expound on why he did what he did and thought the way he thought "back in the day" when he too was on "the high side" of it, thinking (and speaking of) vpw as a moggie, in spite of being aware of those "things going on."  heck, I recall a time when vpw spoke of DWBH having more love in his little pinky finger than others did in their whole body.  sure must have made him feel pretty good about himself at the time, like it would have anybody, eh?  then there was that time vpw gave DWBH the warning he'd better keep [something... whatever it was] it to himself (you know, in the ol' lockbox) or (maybe not these exact works) God would take it out of his hide.

so yeah... I can attest to the fact that DBWH evident knew certain stuff that we (I.e., anyone on a lower side of the tracks) didn't.  so, no doubt his perspective is, in many respects, quite different than most here. (and the pride that flows so easily into and through the high side of the tracks, is so familiar and comfortable... it's hard to suppress.)   give DWBH some credit though, where credit is due... he rather early on recognized that breaking away from twi and "starting another ministry" wasn't the answer, and was going to go down the same road, ending up with the same problems (that these bozo's are finally admitting to.) 

Edited by TLC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TLC said:

...and still think and do what [so many] did ?

well, here's a free thought or two (which might be worth no more than they cost you...)

try doing a little research (ala google, if you like) on narcissism, and wrap it (i.e., the effect of it, or how it works) around your head for a while.

trust me, you won't have to look far to see it in operation all around us...  and once you "get it," the disparity so evident in a great many things might start making a whole lot more sense.   which side of the tracks you come from (or have learned to see things from) can make one helluva difference.  and once you know you're on "the high side" of the tracks, the other side is simply "not where you're at."  although not all (high dollar) managers and politicians (just to name a few categories that come to mind) are afflicted with this... I suspect most are. 

some are born into it.  others (especially those of higher intellect) are simply more "naturally inclined" towards it.  of course, those that are "there" already are often quite adept at fostering similar features in those around them.  perhaps DWBH will be so kind as to expound on why he did what he did and thought the way he thought "back in the day" when he too was on "the high side" of it, thinking (and speaking of) vpw as a moggie, in spite of being aware of those "things going on."  heck, I recall a time when vpw spoke of DWBH having more love in his little pinky finger than others did in their whole body.  sure must have made him feel pretty good about himself at the time, like it would have anybody, eh?  then there was that time vpw gave DWBH the warning he'd better keep [something... whatever it was] it to himself (you know, in the ol' lockbox) or (maybe not these exact works) God would take it out of his hide.

so yeah... I can attest to the fact that DBWH evident knew certain stuff that we (I.e., anyone on a lower side of the tracks) didn't.  so, no doubt his perspective is, in many respects, quite different than most here. (and the pride that flows so easily into and through the high side of the tracks, is so familiar and comfortable... it's hard to suppress.)   give DWBH some credit though, where credit is due... he rather early on recognized that breaking away from twi and "starting another ministry" wasn't the answer, and was going to go down the same road, ending up with the same problems (that these bozo's are finally admitting to.) 

TLC, I can't speak for DWBH, nor should I.  But, I find DWBH's posts to be quite valuable; unlike most of us, he was in the inner circle of TWI, and saw a lot of the S--t that went on around him.  I didn't how evil TWI, and many of its leaders were, until I came to the GSC.  Much of what I have learned about VPW's evilness, and Mental Illness, have come from DWBH's posts.  I am very thankful, that DWBH is kind enough to share what he knows about TWI, and it's leaders, here. I believe that DWBH and his family, made enormous sacrifices being in TWI.  Sometimes, I wonder how he has kept his sanity, all these years, knowing what he knows about the inner workings of TWI.  I think if people here at the GSC, have such enormous respect, and honor for him, it is because he has earned it.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TLC said:

....

some are born into it.  others (especially those of higher intellect) are simply more "naturally inclined" towards it.  of course, those that are "there" already are often quite adept at fostering similar features in those around them.  perhaps DWBH will be so kind as to expound on why he did what he did and thought the way he thought "back in the day" when he too was on "the high side" of it, thinking (and speaking of) vpw as a moggie, in spite of being aware of those "things going on."  heck, I recall a time when vpw spoke of DWBH having more love in his little pinky finger than others did in their whole body.  sure must have made him feel pretty good about himself at the time, like it would have anybody, eh?  then there was that time vpw gave DWBH the warning he'd better keep [something... whatever it was] it to himself (you know, in the ol' lockbox) or (maybe not these exact works) God would take it out of his hide.

TLC.........I distinctly remember vpw saying that "love in his little pinky finger" thing in reference to Wayne Cl-app, not DWBH.

Once again, you seem to want to disparage a GSC-poster who has been exposing the seedy underbelly of wierwille/twi.  Why don't you make a podcast and tell us "why YOU stayed with twi so long" and why you, still to this day, come to the defense of wierwille?  I would be interested to see if you can explain your *conversion*......or, if indeed, you still hold wierwille on a pedestal.  Just do it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skyrider said:

TLC.........I distinctly remember vpw saying that "love in his little pinky finger" thing in reference to Wayne Cl-app, not DWBH.

Once again, you seem to want to disparage a GSC-poster who has been exposing the seedy underbelly of wierwille/twi.  Why don't you make a podcast and tell us "why YOU stayed with twi so long" and why you, still to this day, come to the defense of wierwille?  I would be interested to see if you can explain your *conversion*......or, if indeed, you still hold wierwille on a pedestal.  Just do it.

Sky, I agree!  TLC could be like Nike, and "just do it."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think this latest twist in the topic is a slippery slope.  The things I saw when I was in were not enough to trigger my attention, but more like foreshadowing.  For me.  

Can I judge another’s heart and blindness?  No only God can.  I can share mine.

When you see a pattern of 20 years passing with people climbing ladders promoting themselves and living the perks without whistle blowing you just have to question it.  

Did I whistle blow?  I spoke up about what I saw.  I endured retaliation.  Am I better?  I don’t know.  

What do you do about it once you do see though?

Lay another brick onto the Tower of Babel?  Build your own unique one?  Or tear it down and help build one that doesn’t magnify man or the devil?

Those are the major questions which remain in my mind about this topic and this group.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...