GreaseSpot Cafe

Documentation

BlueCord

I've been reading off and on about the things that happened in TWI before I got sucked into the cult. There are times when I still think that they've got the best teachings on the Bible around, and then I read the stuff you folks have been through (I'm specifically referencing all the times mentioned that TWI is anti-Christ). The question I have is this: does anybody have any documentation of any of this stuff? I've read the book that Karl wrote, but I'm talking about things like the letters which have been written that are posted on this site. People talk about the secrets of the Corps training program. Are there any physical records of this stuff? Also, I'm not trying to say that this stuff didn't happen, but I think it would be handy to have these sorts of things on hand when naysayers show up.

I think the sort of things you're looking for are pretty much scattered about on this site, like one of those glitter bombs that have been in the news. If you have something specific in mind, that would help greatly in finding what you're looking for.

Well, I just found the public court records from when LCM was taken to court. Surprisingly enough, RFR was a defendant as well. If we have anybody that can decipher the documents, I'd love to know what all that "court speak" actually means.

Concerning specifics, I'm not actually sure. I know it's been said that the upper levels of leadership give all of their orders via phone calls and then allow the subordinates to write all the letters and stuff without any TWI letterheads. I don't know specifically what I'm looking for . . . letters, pictures, audio recordings, official documents, etc. I've seen lots of talk about how all these folks in high positions must know the secrets of TWI. There's got to be some physical evidence of it somewhere.

2 hours ago, BlueCord said:

Well, I just found the public court records from when LCM was taken to court. Surprisingly enough, RFR was a defendant as well. If we have anybody that can decipher the documents, I'd love to know what all that "court speak" actually means.

Concerning specifics, I'm not actually sure. I know it's been said that the upper levels of leadership give all of their orders via phone calls and then allow the subordinates to write all the letters and stuff without any TWI letterheads. I don't know specifically what I'm looking for . . . letters, pictures, audio recordings, official documents, etc. I've seen lots of talk about how all these folks in high positions must know the secrets of TWI. There's got to be some physical evidence of it somewhere.

I can translate legaleze... if you provide a document, I can see about "translating."

Also, I have pdf files of about 30 letters Wierwille wrote to "his corps." I think they're posted somewhere on this site, but I don't know where. I have them on google drive and can provide links for people to read... if anyone is interested. I put them on google drive last summer.

2 hours ago, BlueCord said:

I've been reading off and on about the things that happened in TWI before I got sucked into the cult. There are times when I still think that they've got the best teachings on the Bible around, and then I read the stuff you folks have been through (I'm specifically referencing all the times mentioned that TWI is anti-Christ). The question I have is this: does anybody have any documentation of any of this stuff? I've read the book that Karl wrote, but I'm talking about things like the letters which have been written that are posted on this site. People talk about the secrets of the Corps training program. Are there any physical records of this stuff? Also, I'm not trying to say that this stuff didn't happen, but I think it would be handy to have these sorts of things on hand when naysayers show up.

Hey BC,

You say you've read Karl's book, right? Have you read Charlene's? Charlene wrote Undertow: My Escape from the Fundamentalism and Cult Control of The Way International -- a memoir -- her experience. She also included documentation about things that she did and that she saw happen. I strongly recommend that book to anyone who wants to understand the abusiveness of Wierwille's inner circle, the WC training, and working on staff.

Really, such things should be in the Documents section of this site, but as at 8/11/2016, this was the message:

"With the upgrade to the new server, we ran into problems with the software managing the document section. 
While this is being remedied, the domain is redirected to..." (no address given)
Edited by Twinky
Not displaying correctly

5 hours ago, BlueCord said:

Have you read thru these?

Documents File

• Upvote 1

Rocky, I've sent you a private message. I'll try to track down the other book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Skyrider, I have seen a majority of those documents. I'll probably have to sift through them again.

Also, I'd be interested in having a copy of the staff handbook if anybody has one on hand. Also, if you've got any of your top secret documents from when you were Corp, that would be good too.

3 hours ago, BlueCord said:

Rocky, I've sent you a private message. I'll try to track down the other book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Skyrider, I have seen a majority of those documents. I'll probably have to sift through them again.

Also, I'd be interested in having a copy of the staff handbook if anybody has one on hand. Also, if you've got any of your top secret documents from when you were Corp, that would be good too.

And I responded.

It IS intriguing to view the court docket for the Allan and Parker lawsuits... though the complaint (original statement of the problem on which the plaintiffs sued) and the settlements are not available online.

Also, Undertow is easy to obtain I provided a link to Barnes and Noble above, Amazon also sells it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, BlueCord. I am Charlene Edge and I wrote the memoir, Undertow, that Rocky mentioned. You can read the first chapter FREE on my website's Home page and you can order the book online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and at independent booksellers. Libraries can also acquire it easily.

It's in paperback and e-book form.

Below is the link to the thread about old letters VPW wrote to the Way Corps. I am not sure who created that website. Cheers! :wave: