GreaseSpot Cafe

When Did Way Productions Start to Suck and Why.

OldSkool

To my experience, 1989.   Before lcm drew the line in the sand, there were all sorts of people officially contributing to Way Productions, and all sorts of people unofficially offering music at the ROA from their tents. (I bought more than a few music tapes in both categories.) 

When lcm drew his line in the sand, ALL of them seemed to run off- as did I shortly thereafter, along with 80% of the previous twi'ers of the previous year.  The ROA ;89 was the last time Acts 29 showed up, and they were the only quality musicians to show up in any format (none selling tapes, etc.)  On the main stage, twi began featuring some truly amateur talent to fill the time, and that, IMHO, began the era when the performers became truly cheezy.   (It's my opinion that Acts 29 attended one final ROA for much of the same reasons I did, and they didn't work 1/2 as hard as previous years- Bob S never lost his voice during the thing, and that was a shock.)

Wasn't Pressed Down considered "pozzest" and their music banned?  It was great music too.  I recall we didn't understand what had happened and few destroyed (as instructed) their copies of cassettes.  In fact, bootleg copies were made, of which I have or had one :redface:.

• Upvote 1

Control, control, control.

A Corps woman I knew wrote a song which she used to sing at our twig.  It was a nice song, good, and we all liked it.  Maybe she sent it in to HQ, maybe she sang it there, I don't know.  Next thing I knew, M1ke Mart!n was singing this song from the stage at RoA, but the words had been changed slightly and a verse added.  It became "his" song and I don't know if the Corps woman got any credit; I think she might have said it was part of Way Prods.  She bravely said that the alterations had made it a better song, but even then I got the impression that she was being gracious about the hijacking of her song, and wasn't wholly happy about it.

• Upvote 1

Yea I hear what Twinky saying, happened to quite a few in NZ...when I was in I listened to bands like 'sing it dave' and kerusso they were awesome 90s era, it was always played before a meeting or in the background during a service.

It seems the way cult today has really lost touch with music just check out this outrageous  clip LOL

Seems like there are multiple factors that killed creativity and caused proffesional grade musicians to gtfo.

I can say for a fact that rosie micromanages every aspect of the sts. The current sorry state of way productions is a reflection of her non musical controlling influences. Sure nobody's surprised with that info. The sorry state of twi is a reflection of where she led it. Anywho back to work.

Higher Ground, that bloody video - isn't one to be watched.  It's so awful that it's unforgettable.  Unfortunately. 

No thanks for reminding us all :angry::rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Higher Ground, that bloody video - isn't one to be watched.  It's so awful that it's unforgettable.  Unfortunately. 

Lol, no its not. U cant unsee something once seen. To top it off i cant shake that damn chorus out of my head. I remember they wrote that pos when i was still in. Watching it live was hilarious. That one track was the laughing stock amongst so many of my former peers. Funny stuff. I guess you either laugh or cry...lol

9 minutes ago, outandabout said:

It was featured on a show called "The Soup" and was a source of ridicule. (It deserved it.)

I had forgotten all about that. I remember well now that you mention it.

Way prod went bad the minute dictor paul fired Heefner and Doop. That would make it Spring, 1972. They dragged PDSTRO out of NY and Selah from CA, and NY that same year, brought them all to NK, and put them under the new Way Prod Coordinator, Ted Ferrell. But, Ted was an old time "road hooker".....a 50's style, Elvis rock'n'roller, and he loved music. He loved god too.....we all thought we did. The next year, 1973, the 4th corpse included what was to become the first way prod cast, and also, Joyful Noise. Imho, those were the golden years of way prod, 1972-1979. Once Rosie the Riveter got in there with Bob Winegarner, and that god awful and totally scripted "High Country Caravan", Country Gospel, smarmy, gooey, crap.....way prod died. The Victims, Braindead, one insult after another all pushed to the front by Rosie in her faithful service to the moggie. The day the music died, and innocent and intense love and praise for Jesus Christ, through song, and dance, and the arts, died at TWI. It only went downhill from there. It became the court jester and ego-on-display for the Kings and Princes of the new Babylon. The witless whims of a deeply disturbed 3-string jock with the brain of a lava rock and the personality of a sea slug. Long winded, overproduced melodramas by finnegan and of course spirit in the athletes. Empty Towers of pride and false machismo. Wasn't the planes that got em. It was Wierwille who killed the music!

• Upvote 2

Still sound great, very talented. I didnt even get posessed listening. Vpw was an idiot for whatever beef he had with these guys.

:rolleyes:

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Twinky said:

Let me start by saying 'the renewed mind is the key.... haha :anim-smile: yea it's awful alright but gotta give the guy props for breaking down those dance moves LOL!!

Here's another tune wayyyy before my time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hPU4GYXrKfg

On 5/16/2017 at 1:12 AM, WordWolf said:

Bob S never lost his voice during the thing, and that was a shock.)

Yard Dog Bob Stanley? Man, that guy goes way back. He released a new album in, I wanna say 2009-10. It was awesome, my dad picked it up as soon as he found out about it, along with the whole discography he's got for sale. 

On 5/16/2017 at 1:12 AM, WordWolf said:

To my experience, 1989.   Before lcm drew the line in the sand, there were all sorts of people officially contributing to Way Productions, and all sorts of people unofficially offering music at the ROA from their tents. (I bought more than a few music tapes in both categories.) 

When lcm drew his line in the sand, ALL of them seemed to run off- as did I shortly thereafter, along with 80% of the previous twi'ers of the previous year.  The ROA ;89 was the last time Acts 29 showed up, and they were the only quality musicians to show up in any format (none selling tapes, etc.)  On the main stage, twi began featuring some truly amateur talent to fill the time, and that, IMHO, began the era when the performers became truly cheezy.   (It's my opinion that Acts 29 attended one final ROA for much of the same reasons I did, and they didn't work 1/2 as hard as previous years- Bob S never lost his voice during the thing, and that was a shock.)

I remember WP back in the 70's, and 80's performing at a lot of TWI productions.  They were great!!  It was obvious that a lot of talent, and work went into their performances. How sad to hear that they suck now days.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:39 AM, Twinky said:

Wasn't Pressed Down considered "pozzest" and their music banned?  It was great music too.  I recall we didn't understand what had happened and few destroyed (as instructed) their copies of cassettes.  In fact, bootleg copies were made, of which I have or had one :redface:.

I remember them!!  They used to preform at The Rock years ago.  They were wonderful to listen too!  I wonder what happened to them.

On 5/16/2017 at 10:21 AM, higherground30 said:

Yea I hear what Twinky saying, happened to quite a few in NZ...when I was in I listened to bands like 'sing it dave' and kerusso they were awesome 90s era, it was always played before a meeting or in the background during a service.

It seems the way cult today has really lost touch with music just check out this outrageous  clip LOL

OMG!!  WP has really gone downhill!!  This is the best they can do??!!  WP used to be so good; they had so much talent!!  Pitiful!!

On 5/16/2017 at 3:10 PM, outandabout said:

It was featured on a show called "The Soup" and was a source of ridicule. (It deserved it.)

It really did deserve to be ridiculed.  It was terrible!  But years ago, WP had some really good singers and dancers.  They often performed at The Rock, and other Ministry events.  They were talented, and performed like the professionals they were.  And then Craig did his A of the S video in 1985(?), and I think that is when WP started to go downhill.  I saw his performance during the AC in 1985.  The whole play sucked!!

On 5/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Way prod went bad the minute dictor paul fired Heefner and Doop. That would make it Spring, 1972. They dragged PDSTRO out of NY and Selah from CA, and NY that same year, brought them all to NK, and put them under the new Way Prod Coordinator, Ted Ferrell. But, Ted was an old time "road hooker".....a 50's style, Elvis rock'n'roller, and he loved music. He loved god too.....we all thought we did. The next year, 1973, the 4th corpse included what was to become the first way prod cast, and also, Joyful Noise. Imho, those were the golden years of way prod, 1972-1979. Once Rosie the Riveter got in there with Bob Winegarner, and that god awful and totally scripted "High Country Caravan", Country Gospel, smarmy, gooey, crap.....way prod died. The Victims, Braindead, one insult after another all pushed to the front by Rosie in her faithful service to the moggie. The day the music died, and innocent and intense love and praise for Jesus Christ, through song, and dance, and the arts, died at TWI. It only went downhill from there. It became the court jester and ego-on-display for the Kings and Princes of the new Babylon. The witless whims of a deeply disturbed 3-string jock with the brain of a lava rock and the personality of a sea slug. Long winded, overproduced melodramas by finnegan and of course spirit in the athletes. Empty Towers of pride and false machismo. Wasn't the planes that got em. It was Wierwille who killed the music!

I remember JN; they were great!!  A of the S had Craig in it; he was not a trained dancer, and he was terrible in it. I think he dragged down the entire production.  I saw a production of it once, and I slept through most of it.