GreaseSpot Cafe

TLC stated:

"You sound undecided, which seems quite unusual even for a "partial Preterist."

We no longer need a temple or temple services, but God brought Israel back as a nation state for a reason, so no I don't buy into replacement theology.

And, I can't follow the reasoning behind why you think the times of the Gentiles being fulfilled must happen exactly 29 years after the start of the restoration of the nation of Israel. "

In Luke 21:24 it is referring specifically to the city of Jerusalem. Israel reclaimed the eastern part of Jerusalem in 1967 during the 6 day war but 1948 was the beginning of the restoration even though Jerusalem was added 29 years later. I'm not one to split hairs so that is why I stated "depending on how you look at it."

Evidently you think that God is now dealing with Israel favorably.  While I might be inclined to agree with the "now dealing with Israel favorably" part of your statement, I'd be interested to hear what sort of justification or further explanation(s) you think goes along with that.

I was referring to the destruction of Israel and Jerusalem in 70AD as judgement for a number of things such as rejecting Christ and corruption of the temple system. That is why Christ said in John 2:16 "make not my Father's house a house of merchandise". I seriously doubt there will be a future judgement on Israel where the current Jerusalem and a 3rd Temple will be destroyed all over again. I just don't buy it. 

Furthermore, if you retain the nation of Israel as being essential to the fulfillment of certain prophecies, what aspect(s) of your "partial Preterist" position do you see as being incompatible with mid Acts dispensationism?

In my opinion Gog & Magog is it. Like Duncan McKenzie I see the Gog & Magog invasion as happening in our future, but not the destruction of a 3rd temple. The city and sanctuary that was prophesied to be destroyed in Daniel 9 was Jerusalem & the 2nd temple in 70AD not a coming 3rd temple. In Daniel 9 verse 25 it mentions the rebuilding of Jerusalem and the 2nd temple to replace the 1st temple that had been destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 BC(secular dating). In the following verse (26) it says that "The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary." If this is future why not mention the 2nd temple being destroyed in 70AD(by Titus who was the son of the Roman Emperor and thus a prince) and then the building of the 3rd temple in the distant future? The futurists claim that the people of the ruler who will come is the coming "Antichrist" who will destroy a future 3rd temple, but to completely ignore the 2nd temple being destroyed that was described as being rebuilt in the previous verse is pretty confusing to say the least.

Not sure about "mid-Acts dispensationlism" but dispensationalists in general have added a lot of stuff to the Gentiles being included in the new birth which is basically what Paul was talking about back then.

Here is something interesting to consider. From the time of Daniel to the coming of Christ to the destruction of the 2nd temple we are looking at 500 years or so. In Daniel 12:9 Daniel is told the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. In Revelation 22:10 John is told NOT to seal up the words of the prophecy because the "time is at hand". I don't know about others but "time is at hand" to me means near or soon. But I guess with modern math calculations 1900+ years into the future means soon.

Edited by Infoabsorption

My original post was not to provide all the answers but it actually was intended to reach out to those who have studied eschatology, the signs of the zodiac, and astronomy, because I have questions.  I had been studying happily on my own till I saw the Jewish holiday dates in conjunction with the upcoming astronomical events this year.

In order to post this I had to share what I've been researching in hopes someone here at GS would have studied any of these topics.  It also serves as a platform to expose these topic to those who might be interested.  I am not here to justify what I look at, search, study or find, It is what it is.  At any rate, we can study the bible with a spirit of gratefulness knowing that it still has it's share of mysteries, unanswered questions, and controversies.  That's part of what makes studying enjoyable and fun, let's try to show charity toward others as we endeavor to gain understanding and possibly resolve those questions.

A lot of what I wrote comes from EW Bullinger's Witness of the Stars, where he shows God left us Signs related to the stars, equinox', sun and moon, constellations and planets, and He uses those things to prophecy and point to future momentous and important events in His Word and His Plan.

Bullinger speaks of the 3 1/2 years, the 7 years, the 1,260 days, the 2,520 days, the 42 months, etc. They coincide with the soli-lunar equinox, duration of The Tribulation, Destruction of the temple, scattering of the Jews, etc.  These time periods and others are repeated throughout scripture and in the old texts as well as in the skies.  They are directly related to Jesus the Christ regarding his birth, death, 2nd coming, final battle, to the end of the world and beyond.  Many scriptures repeatedly speak of the same events multiple times throughout old and new testaments.  Check Bullinger's Witness of the Stars if you are unaware of these facts.  

Some sections, maybe the whole book? of Witness of the Stars is online here:  

https://www.levendwater.org/books/witness/the_witness_of_the_stars_bullinger.pdf

If you are interested in reading the above PDF:  You can use your browser's word search to find pertinent sections in this document.  Also, the doc refers to but does not show illustrations.  In the above document, pages 1-24 Bullinger explains biblical meanings of constellations  &  individual planets, Virgo and Leo are among them.  Then pages 25-140 Bullinger divides the Christ topics into segments he calls 'books', such as-Christ the Promised Seed, Christ the Redeemer, the Second Coming, the Prince of Peace and so on.  The last 15 pages cover "For Signs and Seasons".

And I also want to mention just because one of the referenced websites in my original post also have links to alien UFO surmisings from natural men trying to figure out how  observations, sightings or supernatural things were constructed here on earth, need I say, the natural man understandeth not the things of the Spirit? These people have no reference point to fallen angels, God, the Bible, Signs, or heavenly abodes.  In looking for answers aliens are what they've deduced to figure out how or why something beyond human capability was put here or done on earth.  The  last place they're gonna look to is the scriptures, they certainly would not even consider fables of fallen angel spirits.  As if these links discredit or disprove the valid information on the webpage I posted, in fact, their informative website is unlike some who try to diminish and repress other's contrasting viewpoints.  

And may I say, Art Bell's & George Noory's Coast to Coast national radio broadcast program has its share of divergent opinions including UFO's, Aliens, warlocks, vegans etc.  BUT, Coast to Coast has also hosted the previously mentioned Hugh Ross, the Christian astrophysist, and the honorable Patrick Heron, author-theologian, multiple times each.  It doesn't discredit either one of their biblical messages just because the show also interviews UFO observers, etc.  That kind of thinking is a real Strawman obfuscation, which some are all too keen to point out at times here on GS.

So, can we discuss God's Plan and Signs?

Let's go back to basics:

Bullinger writes in "The Witness of the Stars, For Signs and for Seasons":

""For Signs and For Seasons

We have seen the great truths which are taught from the
position, and forms, and names of the heavenly bodies. There are also truths to be learnt from their motions. 

When God created them and set them in the firmament of heaven, He said, in Genesis 1:14-- 

"Let them be for signs and for seasons." 

Here the word "signs" is othoth (plural of oth, from the root to come). Hence, a sign of something or some One to come. In Jeremiah 10:2 Jehovah says, "And be not dismayed at the signs of the heavens, for the heathen are dismayed at them." The word "seasons" does not denote merely what we call the four seasons of the year, but cycles of time. It is appointed time (from the 

verb to point out, appoint). It occurs three more times in Genesis, each time in connection with the promised Seed-- 

Genesis 17:21, "At this set time in the next year";
Genesis 18:14, "At the time appointed I will return"; and Genesis 21:2, "At the set time of which God had spoken." 

Genesis 1:14 is therefore, "They (the sun, moon, and stars) shall be for signs (things to come) and for cycles (appointed times)." 

Here, then, we have a distinct declaration from God, that the heavens contain not only a Revelation concerning things to come in the "Signs," but also concerning appointed times in the wondrous movements of the sun, and moon, and stars.""

---

Psalm 19:1-3

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

That is the visual "Witness of the Stars" and His Plan .

A good question to ask is, does God send mysterious “signs” in the heavens before He fulfills His Plan's timeline here on earth?  What does the Bible say about this?  Here's some scriptures where even Jesus Christ says:  

"And there will be fearful sights and great signs in heaven." Luke 21:11(KJV)  

He also said, "And there will be SIGNS in the sun, in the moon, and in the Stars..."  Luke 21:25(KJV).

That's as basic as it gets.

9-23-2017_Woman-Clothed-With-Sun2X_Inscr

9-20-2017-Pyramid-Angle-CorCaroli2_Inscr

Edited by thor

9 hours ago, thor said:

. . .

So, can we discuss God's Plan and Signs?

Let's go back to basics:

Bullinger writes in "The Witness of the Stars, For Signs and for Seasons":

""For Signs and For Seasons

We have seen the great truths which are taught from the
position, and forms, and names of the heavenly bodies. There are also truths to be learnt from their motions. 

When God created them and set them in the firmament of heaven, He said, in Genesis 1:14-- 

"Let them be for signs and for seasons." 

Here the word "signs" is othoth (plural of oth, from the root to come). Hence, a sign of something or some One to come. In Jeremiah 10:2 Jehovah says, "And be not dismayed at the signs of the heavens, for the heathen are dismayed at them." The word "seasons" does not denote merely what we call the four seasons of the year, but cycles of time. It is appointed time (from the 

verb to point out, appoint). It occurs three more times in Genesis, each time in connection with the promised Seed-- 

Genesis 17:21, "At this set time in the next year";
Genesis 18:14, "At the time appointed I will return"; and Genesis 21:2, "At the set time of which God had spoken." 

Genesis 1:14 is therefore, "They (the sun, moon, and stars) shall be for signs (things to come) and for cycles (appointed times)." 

Here, then, we have a distinct declaration from God, that the heavens contain not only a Revelation concerning things to come in the "Signs," but also concerning appointed times in the wondrous movements of the sun, and moon, and stars.""

---

Psalm 19:1-3

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

That is the visual "Witness of the Stars" and His Plan .

A good question to ask is, does God send mysterious “signs” in the heavens before He fulfills His Plan's timeline here on earth?  What does the Bible say about this?  Here's some scriptures where even Jesus Christ says:  

"And there will be fearful sights and great signs in heaven." Luke 21:11(KJV)  

He also said, "And there will be SIGNS in the sun, in the moon, and in the Stars..."  Luke 21:25(KJV).

That's as basic as it gets.

For signs and for seasons.  And cycles.

The Dog Star.  An event that happens about this time.

Ancients paid attention to the stars.  They told them when to act, at times.  The dog star, Sirius, (like in Harry Potter) . . . told Egyptians when the Nile would flood.  Kinda good information to have?  It's where we get the 'dog days of summer'.  Just an example.

Paying attention to the stars were of practical importance.

I also agree there would be a plan in the stars.

9 hours ago, thor said:

....And may I say, Art Bell's & George Noory's Coast to Coast national radio broadcast program has its share of divergent opinions including UFO's, Aliens, warlocks, vegans etc.  BUT, Coast to Coast has also hosted the previously mentioned Hugh Ross, the Christian astrophysist, and the honorable Patrick Heron, author-theologian, multiple times each.  It doesn't discredit either one of their biblical messages just because the show also interviews UFO observers, etc.  That kind of thinking is a real Strawman obfuscation, which some are all too keen to point out at times here on GS.....

You've made several references to Patrick H and his work; I just wanted to mention I have his book "The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse " - though I did find it interesting - - a lot of it is speculation.

I also noticed in Patrick's bio as a guest on that coast to coast website you mentioned - it says he has a bachelor of theology from The College of Biblical Research, Rome City, Indiana...since I also attended that college I thought it might be of interest to some folks how disappointed and angry I was to find out from a professional resume service working on updating my resume - that particular college was NOT accredited. 

Accreditation may not a big deal to some folks but in most professional circles it usually is - and perhaps even from an academic standpoint it means certain intellectual standards were met.

Thank you Bolshevik, good point about the Nile.  I love Sirius the Dog Star, and Prisoner of Azkaban is my my favorite Harry Potter film.  All last summer I enjoyed watching Sirius, Antares, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Venus and the moon trace across the southern night sky as I watched from my back porch.

T-bone, I know, another deception by TWI, it figures.

Patrick Herons book did answer lifelong questions I had concerning the Giants mentioned in the Old Testament, the hidden reason behind the flood and God grieving that he made man, why wiping out so many tribes in bible lands to keep the bloodline purity was so important in OT times, and other inexplicable events that go on to this day. He does lay out the argument for the Nephilim's existence quite well IMO, and introduces the book of Enoch as an important lost book to the canon of scripture.  I've had Heron's book for about 3 years.  It actually made the Bible fit for the first time for me.  I'm an old earth creationist not a young earth one. 

I actually didn't tackle the pyramid subject in Heron's book till quite recently, when I was looking at the genesis of Homo sapiens, and archeological digs predating 5,000 BCE, such as Göbekli.  I came across evidence globally of huge cavernous underground cave systems for example in china that predates man's ability to construct them. Then I discovered the same underground caverns are being discovered under pyramids across Mexico City, South America, and other pyramid sites.  Then I remembered Heron's book and the chapters I didn't read, so I picked it up again.  

I saw the timeline, the math built into the building of the Great Pyramid at Giza, the way the pyramids are set upon the world's longitude and latitudes across the globe in different places, the fact that Pi is mathematically built into the design, the fact that the great pyramid mirrors descriptions of the heavenly abode, as well as the subterranean digs in South America revealing caverns and basements underneath with lakes of shiny mercury, again mirroring descriptions of the heavenly abode, then the archeology, the math, the connection to God's plan was there.  Builders still can't figure out how man got those 400 ton foundation blocks in the sites with the tools and know how of that time period.  Heron does link the Pyramid to the Nephilim, and to God.  So it's all quite interesting, and quite representative of God's precision with his handiwork, which is such a great Witness in the physical world especially to the scientific unbeliever.  Heron also touches on the symmetry and the math in the Bible, specifically the OT, also validating the scriptures and God.  

Edited by thor

Not sure I ever understood bloodline purity.  Why are we keeping what bloodline pure?  More importantly, is that from Scripture or something else?

Not so much arguing against your view as much as asking if you're equating that if it all seems to fit, that must be the right way to look at it.

Water often represents life's chaos.  So Noah's Flood, Jonah in the Belly under the water, Jesus walking on water, there's symbolism there that takes on new meaning. . . . Point being there's other ways to make it all fit.  

You see these same or similar arguments with Tolkien or even George RR Martin's worlds.  In one case the author is still here to ask!

Again, not trying to say it's wrong, since the Bible appears to have layers.  One way that fits is completely different from another way that fits and yet both can be true.  But that doesn't mean anything is true.

Also, do you have links to the cave systems?

I should have written in accordance with keeping the bloodline of the Promised Seed Christline pure, from the early Old Testament times.

With a search engine you can find many other site listings than the ones listed below.

https://www.ancient-code.com/defying-explanation-the-mystery-of-the-longyou-grotto-caves/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/24/liquid-mercury-mexican-pyramid-teotihuacan

https://www.livescience.com/22454-ancient-chinese-tomb-terracotta-warriors.html

http://www.ancient-wisdom.com/mexicoteotihuacan.htm

http://www.ancient-wisdom.com/pyramids.htm

http://www.ancient-wisdom.com/underground.htm

On archeological level, the new satellite imaging technology has uncovered hundreds more pyramids and ancient sites, cities, and religious structures that have been mostly buried for a long time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-13522957

The satellite technology found the headwaters of the lost river Pishon:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pishon

Thanks for the links.  I enjoy mysterious archaeological finds.  The mercury one I'm most interested in at this moment.

I understood protecting the bloodline as the Christline.  Might be a separate topic from this thread, maybe not.  Keeping a bloodline pure seems a bit too perfect.  Not something one or any group can easily influence or control, especially over ages.  Naturally that would lead to a lot of destructive acts.  

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Not something one or any group can easily influence or control, especially over ages.  Naturally that would lead to a lot of destructive acts.  

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

30 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Not something one or any group can easily influence or control, especially over ages.  Naturally that would lead to a lot of destructive acts.  

You mean how did God do it before Christ?

On 7/15/2017 at 4:35 AM, thor said:

...When I came across this information regarding the Sept 23rd star alignment/eclipse/autumn equinox/Feast of Trumpets, I was actually looking for something else.  Since I was also studying the book of Revelation I recognized the verses of Revelation 12 matching up to that alignment.  I was looking for information regarding the star shafts in the Great Pyramid at Giza, Egypt.  There are verses in the OT that tell of signs from God in Egypt of the coming of the Lord, and that there's an altar to the Lord in the midst of Egypt.  

Isaiah 19:19,20

In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.

And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

Jeremiah 32:20a

Which hast set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day...

Hey, I meant to ask this earlier – but anyway - just to clarify – do you think these verses in Isaiah and Jeremiah are referring to the pyramids in Egypt? If so, can you show scriptural data to support that? This kind of relates to what I say below your other quote.

5 hours ago, thor said:

...I saw the timeline, the math built into the building of the Great Pyramid at Giza, the way the pyramids are set upon the world's longitude and latitudes across the globe in different places, the fact that Pi is mathematically built into the design, the fact that the great pyramid mirrors descriptions of the heavenly abode, as well as the subterranean digs in South America revealing caverns and basements underneath with lakes of shiny mercury, again mirroring descriptions of the heavenly abode, then the archeology, the math, the connection to God's plan was there.  Builders still can't figure out how man got those 400 ton foundation blocks in the sites with the tools and know how of that time period.  Heron does link the Pyramid to the Nephilim, and to God.  So it's all quite interesting, and quite representative of God's precision with his handiwork, which is such a great Witness in the physical world especially to the scientific unbeliever.  Heron also touches on the symmetry and the math in the Bible, specifically the OT, also validating the scriptures and God. 

I remember seeing a program on TV a few years ago that speculated and demonstrated in mock-ups how these ancient builders could have moved such massive blocks of stone given the technological limitations of the time. It all seemed quite feasible to me – without having to resort to Extraterrestrial technology or the supposed power of Fallen Angels. sorry - some of Heron's stuff just smacks of sensationalism in my humble opinion.

I tend to shy away from dubious or extremely speculative theories as a means of “validating the scriptures and God”. If we’re talking scriptural validation - I’m ok with the subjective experience of knowing a teaching is from God that Jesus talked about in John 7:17… I do realize my viewpoint probably frustrates the hell out of a lot of doctrine wonks.

To elaborate on what was said earlier on this thread ("you can make the Bible say anything you want it to say") - - one can also formulate a theory to explain anything.

Edited by T-Bone
clarity

I saw one where they used pulleys and rolled blocks upon logs, but they had problems with the corners, then there was another documentary with a theory using notches but that was never tested in real life.  The Egyptian pyramids were constructed with blocks that were generally 1.5 -2.5 tons or so, some larger, up to 10 tons, but I don't recall the blocks size used in the recent theory tests.  Oops, I quoted the wrong number in that post you highlighted above, it's 50% off.  Instead of 400 tons it's supposed to be 800 tons.  Equaling 1,500,000 lbs, a million and a half pounds roughly equals 800 tons.  The Temple structure at Baalbek has 800 ton blocks, for instance.

Edited by thor

On 7/15/2017 at 4:35 AM, thor said:

...When I came across this information regarding the Sept 23rd star alignment/eclipse/autumn equinox/Feast of Trumpets, I was actually looking for something else.  Since I was also studying the book of Revelation I recognized the verses of Revelation 12 matching up to that alignment.  I was looking for information regarding the star shafts in the Great Pyramid at Giza, Egypt.  There are verses in the OT that tell of signs from God in Egypt of the coming of the Lord, and that there's an altar to the Lord in the midst of Egypt.  

Isaiah 19:19,20

In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.

And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

Jeremiah 32:20a

Which hast set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day...

8 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Hey, I meant to ask this earlier – but anyway - just to clarify – do you think these verses in Isaiah and Jeremiah are referring to the pyramids in Egypt? If so, can you show scriptural data to support that? This kind of relates to what I say below your other quote.

just repeating my question in previous post - in case you missed it...

do you think the verses in Isaiah 19 and Jeremiah 32 that you mentioned in your post are referring to the pyramids in Egypt? If so, can you show scriptural data to support that?

Edited by T-Bone
clarity

9 hours ago, thor said:

I saw one where they used pulleys and rolled blocks upon logs, but they had problems with the corners, then there was another documentary with a theory using notches but that was never tested in real life.  The Egyptian pyramids were constructed with blocks that were generally 1.5 -2.5 tons or so, some larger, up to 10 tons, but I don't recall the blocks size used in the recent theory tests.  Oops, I quoted the wrong number in that post you highlighted above, it's 50% off.  Instead of 400 tons it's supposed to be 800 tons.  Equaling 1,500,000 lbs, a million and a half pounds roughly equals 800 tons.  The Temple structure at Baalbek has 800 ton blocks, for instance.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Infoabsorption said:

I seriously doubt there will be a future judgement on Israel where the current Jerusalem and a 3rd Temple will be destroyed all over again. I just don't buy it. 

Then I don't see what or why you think Israel is either being favored or being prepared for anything (however you care to think of it.)

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Infoabsorption said:

If this is future why not mention the 2nd temple being destroyed in 70AD(by Titus who was the son of the Roman Emperor and thus a prince) and then the building of the 3rd temple in the distant future?

Well, there's probably several reasons, but what follows here is probably the best I can think of.  For starters, keep in mind that Daniel (and the other prophets of old) didn't have a complete picture or understanding of what was to come. Dan. 12:8; 1Pet.1:11,12.  From a distance of many hundreds of miles (years, in the case of these prophets) away, it would be impossible to see a valley between the mountain peaks (one behind the other.)  Furthermore, were it (i.e., a valley, or a large gap between the distant mountains) clearly seen and prophesied beforehand, then Israel's rejection of their Messiah would be set in stone... which, I don't think necessarily was.  (However, I also believe that God knew they would.)  In other words, the door was left open for Israel to accept Jesus Christ (as the Messiah) at his first coming.  But they refused.  Not only before the crucifixion, but also after his resurrection and ascension (see Acts 7, especially verse 56, when Christ stood up, as if ready to return.)  Even after his resurrection, had Israel as a nation not rejected him (as they so plainly did, as evidenced in the killing of Stephen), I believe it would have set the stage for Christ's eminent return to earth (I.e., within seven years), to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords.  Therefore, the offer that God had made and promised to Israel was indeed valid.  And, in short... it was Israel's failure to believe (even after he was raised from the dead) that lead to Saul's conversion, and his being sent forth as the (not "an") apostle to the Gentiles that blew open the door to the gospel of the grace of God, and the great valley of time between the second and third temples that you've asked about.   

What are your views on the return of Christ?

Edited by TLC

Bolshevik, tons of videos and theories online.

T-Bone, I don't know what I think yet about it, I haven't had the time yet to devote to finding out about it.  The verse states it shall be a sign and a Witness. That is significant.  The scripture, Isaiah 19 sounds like it's a future prophecy if you read the chapter some of the things it says haven't happened yet.

Then there's the words 'midst' and 'border' and 'altar'.  Patrick Heron states the midst and border describes the ancient way of thinking where there was a referenced horizontal demarcation border dividing upper and lower Egypt at Giza, and the Nile dividing east from western Egypt which was commonly known in the old days.  So something to ponder, like I said, I've only passively read about it, and haven't put any time researching it yet.  

But click on this link to hear it from the horse's mouth, where Patrick Heron talks about that and the pyramids & these verses in the first part of the video then goes on to talk about the Nephilim then returns to these verses and the pyramids at the end:  

http://playithub.com/watch/hwlNZuyYgL4/the-nephilim-and-the-pyramid-of-the-apocalypse.html

Edited by thor
Put the wrong video in at first

44 minutes ago, thor said:

Bolshevik, tons of videos and theories online.

. . .

Exactly.

The one I posted showed how normal humans could build the pyramids.

Super-human, supernatural, and extraterrestrial methods don't need to be included when explaining history logically.  Not that you can't use any of those three.

But why chose any one of them over another?

Waysider, some date the pyramids to be significantly older but I don't know about the true age or the writing of Isaiah, but it reads as if it's future prophecy.  Reading the whole chapter on Biblehub.com in the NIV version the heading does say it's a prophecy against Egypt although I'm not sure if most bible scholars say that or not.  Lots of unknowns.

Bolshevik, I don't know who built the pyramids, but that video does show an interesting theory.  It reminds me of a documentary I saw on the 7 ancient wonders of the world about the hanging gardens of Babylon, which they discovered were probably in Nineveh (now Mosul, Iraq) and not Babylon.  It was commissioned by the great king Sennacherib.

The archeologists show he diverted a river hundreds of miles away with culverts, bridges, sloughs, with sloping grades, which rivaled roman building techniques centuries later, and pooled the water at the kings property far away. There are some writings verifying the location and some parts of structures of canals of stone, bridges and culverts left as well as some of the actual garden structure but due to the war it is inaccessible and has suffered damage.  

They even utilized an advanced spiral pump screw technology to move the water up 7 terrace levels similar to your video.  Now the pyramid at Giza is the only one of the 7 wonders that survived mostly intact.  Interesting the use of water in the computer mock up you posted, but no one yet has been able to prove any of the theories hands on.  The water one looks interesting though.

I know with some of the tonnage and locations modern methods can't do it, so who knows, Maybe they had a secret method or help.  Also the existence of other pyramids worldwide in very priminitive societies makes you wonder.  But who knows, this particular stuff is not on the top on my what I need to know now list, but it is interesting to ponder.

Edited by thor