GreaseSpot Cafe

Revised Yet Again....

OldSkool

Interesting thread.  I think the CP1 talk also lent itself to some OCD-ishness and overthinking somethings.  We were drilled on attention to detail (not inherently bad) and tried to correct any tiny imperfection in things like mowing the grass and setting the table.  Through this careful scrutiny of the "physicals" we might have perception in the spiritual.

it also reminded me of a funny thought.  We would sometimes chastise each for dumb mistakes saying, "Come on, man, this is like CP ZERO!" 

Wow....i had no idea these "principals" were strung together so haphazardly. As others have noted, we were drilled in these, made to memorize them, memorize the retemories verses that came with them, etc. It was if God himself handed them to the vicster personally. Craig expanded them with a metric ton of redundant verbage, and now rozilla has reduced them back to third grade level. 

Edited by OldSkool

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

Wow....i had no idea these "principals" were strung together so haphazardly. As others have noted, we were drilled in these, made to memorize them, memorize the retemories verses that came with them, etc. It was if God alvicsterhimself handed them to the vicster personally. Craig expanded them with a metric ton of redundant verbage, and now rozilla has reduced them back to third grade level. 

OS, I am so F--king happy I was never in the Corps!  Such garbage!!  Happy weekend everyone!!