GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Biblical Research - New Slogans

chockfull

9 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I assume you're referring to the "teacher" of PFAL - wierwille ....if you're not I do apologize for a joke in bad taste...

But if it was a reference to wierwille - perhaps it shows the determination of a con-man looking for the next sucker - as in "I'll keep an eye out for ya."

Nah...waz poking fun at Dr. Drambuie...lol

• Upvote 1

Testimonials:

Our phones were ringing off the hook after the storm - everyone asking when is the power going to be restored. A great trick I learned from the class is to answer a question with a question. 

So I would say to them "how would you like to increase the power of God in your life?" 

Occasionally they would call right back and ask who is the religious nut job answering the phones. Wow - a double setup - how cool is that ! I'd say right back " I know you are but what am I?"

Snowball Pete (Power Company emergency phone line operator)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T-Bone said:

I assume you're referring to the "teacher" of PFAL - wierwille ....if you're not I do apologize for a joke in bad taste...

But if it was a reference to wierwille - perhaps it shows the determination of a con-man looking for the next sucker - as in "I'll keep an eye out for ya."

I've got my eye ON you!

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I've got my eye ON you!

Rocky, you don’t know the half of it…I actually did hold his prosthetic eye in my hand when he passed it around the Chapel in Rome City…don’t know if you could say I was a star pupil – but his definitely was…some folks may not have seen things eye to eye with wierwille…but there for a brief moment in time I sure did. :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Rocky, you don’t know the half of it…I actually did hold his prosthetic eye in my hand when he passed it around the Chapel in Rome City…don’t know if you could say I was a star pupil – but his definitely was…some folks may not have seen things eye to eye with wierwille…but there for a brief moment in time I sure did. :biglaugh:

T-Bone, why would he pass around his eye.  Gross!  Also, I would think it would be unsanitary, to have people touch a false eye, and then put it back into its socket. Leave it to VPW to do something so insipid.:realmad:

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

YIKES!

15 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

T-Bone, why would he pass around his eye.  Gross!  Also, I would think it would be unsanitary, to have people touch a false eye, and then put it back into its socket. Leave it to VPW to do something so insipid.:realmad:

Grace you ask “Why?”…

I really don’t know why ….or whatever motivated that turd…but I doubt if it was good.

…but thinking about the things he said while his eye was roving (not talking about the “good” eye which was roving ALL the time :evildenk:  ) – so…. to be clear – while his glass eye was being passed around  - he would go on about how the bright lights used during the filming of PFAL caused him to lose that eye – AND – prattle about how when a Levitical priest was disfigured he was not allowed to serve – or some bull$hit along those lines

(don’t remember his exact Old Testament priestly reference....I think Don’t Worry and Skyrider have some very incisive commentary  on wierwille’s priestly sob story and the bright lights while filming PFAL…it’s somewhere on another thread or two.

…I think “the why” may have been his hope to always garner all the sympathy and adulation he could.

He was a consummate con-man  - always hard at work to maintain the delusion of grandeur.

Edited by T-Bone
More details
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Grace you ask “Why?”…

I really don’t know why ….or whatever motivated that turd…but I doubt if it was good.

…but thinking about the things he said while his eye was roving (not talking about the “good” eye which was roving ALL the time :evildenk:  ) – so…. to be clear – while his glass eye was being passed around  - he would go on about how the bright lights used during the filming of PFAL caused him to lose that eye – AND – prattle about how when a Levitical priest was disfigured he was not allowed to serve – or some bull$hit along those lines

(don’t remember his exact Old Testament priestly reference....I think Don’t Worry and Skyrider have some very incisive commentary  on wierwille’s priestly sob story and the bright lights while filming PFAL…it’s somewhere on another thread or two.

…I think “the why” may have been his hope to always garner all the sympathy and adulation he could.

He was a consummate con-man  - always hard at work to maintain the delusion of grandeur.

T-Bone, he really was garbage!  It would freak me out, touching someone's phoney eye.  Phoney eye, phoney minister, phoney man, phoney ministry.  And some people still worship this POS??!!.  I think they are Phoney Christians.:nono5:

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

T-Bone, he really was garbage!  It would freak me out, touching someone's phoney eye.  Phoney eye, phoney minister, phoney man, phoney ministry.  And some people still worship this POS??!!.  I think they are Phoney Christians.:nono5:

Grace, you've inspired another slogan:

Bringing phoney to the next generation 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T-Bone said:

[snip]

Adulation for sure. It may have been stated somewhere before, but my take on it goes along these lines:  Look mah peepul what a perfect moggy I am because I suffered so much while filing my class for you - and - even lost my eye on your behalf.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, he is not in the same class as Apostles Peter and Paul who were tortured, beaten, stoned(not with Drambuie) like Stephen was to death, or other martrys though out the centuries, nowhere close. Stupid crybaby

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, krys said:

Adulation for sure. It may have been stated somewhere before, but my take on it goes along these lines:  Look mah peepul what a perfect moggy I am because I suffered so much while filing my class for you - and - even lost my eye on your behalf.

3 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Sorry, he is not in the same class as Apostles Peter and Paul who were tortured, beaten, stoned(not with Drambuie) like Stephen was to death, or other martrys though out the centuries, nowhere close. Stupid crybaby

Krys and Thomas – you got me thinking of when wierwille asks in the PFAL class “what has the gospel cost you?” He asks that in light of all the suffering Paul went through for the furtherance of the gospel…

…and I guess one assumption students could make was that we should be so thankful that it all (further assuming wierwille’s “message” actually had anything to do with the real gospel message of Jesus Christ) was now being handed to us on a silver platter (in the PFAL class).

Considering the fact that wierwille was a preeminent plagiarist with a flagrant disregard for giving credit where credit was due – I could also ask him (if that turd was still alive) “what has the gospel cost YOU?!?!”… and the answer is nothing !!!! because he stole it from others :CUSSING: …If you’re talking in terms of loss of royalties, credit, readership, etc. - - wierwille’s thievery  cost Bullinger, BG Leonard, Stiles and others a bunch ! Besides the fact that wierwille's ineptness obfuscated any of the useful info he stole from others.:asdf:

Krys and Thomas, thank you both for inspiring another slogan:

We borrow from others and pass the savings on to you.  

26 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Krys and Thomas – you got me thinking of when wierwille asks in the PFAL class “what has the gospel cost you?” He asks that in light of all the suffering Paul went through for the furtherance of the gospel…

…and I guess one assumption students could make was that we should be so thankful that it all (further assuming wierwille’s “message” actually had anything to do with the real gospel message of Jesus Christ) was now being handed to us on a silver platter (in the PFAL class).

Considering the fact that wierwille was a preeminent plagiarist with a flagrant disregard for giving credit where credit was due – I could also ask him (if that turd was still alive) “what has the gospel cost YOU?!?!”… and the answer is nothing !!!! because he stole it from others :CUSSING: …If you’re talking in terms of loss of royalties, credit, readership, etc. - - wierwille’s thievery  cost Bullinger, BG Leonard, Stiles and others a bunch ! Besides the fact that wierwille's ineptness obfuscated any of the useful info he stole from others.:asdf:

Krys and Thomas, thank you both for inspiring another slogan:

We borrow from others and pass the savings on to you.  

T-Bone, I don't think VPW borrowed anything from others; I think he stoled almost everything he could.:CUSSING:

7 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

T-Bone, I don't think VPW borrowed anything from others; I think he stoled almost everything he could.:CUSSING:

true dat !

and Grace you get some credit for inspiring a slogan revision:

We steal from others and pass the savings on to you.

• Upvote 1

The problem with thinking outside the box is having to get rid of the box on re-cycle day. We can provide you with a box you’ll never have to get rid of. You'll never have to think outside the box ever again !

Edited by T-Bone
supercalifragilisticexpedalidoscious
  • Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, waysider said:

Some people may not be aware that The Way was not the original name of the ministry or that the PFAL class was once called Brown 25.

HERE is the original promotional clip for the class.

Some people may not be aware that TWI will be renamed at their "75th Anniversary" in October to .....................Brown 75.

What a sheetload of disappointment to one and all.........everything flowed downhill.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, skyrider said:

Some people may not be aware that TWI will be renamed at their "75th Anniversary" in October to .....................Brown 75.

What a sheetload of disappointment to one and all.........everything flowed downhill.

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Code brown! 

(Plagiaristic apologies to the campaign to bring back the brown / gold jerseys of the San Diego Padres)

TWI campaign of nostalgia for the good old daze:

Bring Back the Brown

Edited by T-Bone