GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Biblical Research - New Slogans

chockfull

On 9/16/2017 at 8:58 PM, waysider said:

Some people may not be aware that The Way was not the original name of the ministry or that the PFAL class was once called Brown 25.

HERE is the original promotional clip for the class.

:biglaugh:

forgot to include this in my post - this was the best !!!! Thanks Waysider !!!

I tell ya...once I left TWI - that sure was a load off my mind !

Edited by T-Bone
Unloaded

TWI announces a new Amnesty Program:

If you left us because of any differences in doctrine or practice- now is the time to come back home! As a research ministry we're always finding new ways to encourage group think.

instead of DACA, Dat's Right Dreamers! Let's Make The Way International Great Again!

Testimonials:

I’m glad I came back. I really feel like I’m part of a big household now and never want to leave again. It's like being under house arrest, only better !

Lordy Pete (Snowball Pete’s 2nd cousin - twice removed - aka 2 time mark-and-avoid recipient, but is now doing penance on grounds crew at Headquarters)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thinking about that old TV trope  I'm not a real doctor but I play one on TV I began wondering if that could work for TWI.

So imagine a TV ad for TWI with scratchy looking video of wierwille saying “I’m not a real doctor but I played one at The Way International.”

I thought TWI could use a little truth in advertising…maybe it wouldn’t help their credibility that much but just think of the huge boost to their comedic value!

I asked for abundance but all I ever saw was a flaky pastry doing a pirouette - musta been Craig...guess they thought I said a-bun-dance...hmmm...should be plural - “buns” - that’s only if he turns the other cheek. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

They can't legitimately say this anymore.  They shut down the research department.

Never rule out the miracle of regurgitation 

17 hours ago, Taxidev said:

They can't legitimately say this anymore.  They shut down the research department.

Oh, they still say it though. They just have their own definition of research where they hVe followers reread their publications, which of course are proven ministry research and thus above reproach

13 hours ago, OldSkool said:

followers reread their publications, which of course are proven ministry research

You just reminded me of another phrase - research means re-search.

So, yes, they will have others re-search all the collaterals and call that research.  Thanks for the reminder.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, Taxidev said:

Legitimacy was never a primary concern of the Way.

They just redefine things according to their own terms and thinking and move ahead.

To achieve Way enlightenment, the follower will put aside all other reading materials and focus solely on the plagiarized works of VP Wierwille.  After 3 months, they won't know themself.  Why?  Because stage 1 of the brainwashing process has been completed.

Edited by chockfull
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

the follower will put aside all other reading materials

From very early on I didn't buy into the thought that if you weren't studying the bible with the Way, then you don't know anything.  I actually had an argument with my fellowship coordinator about this, because I had already learned so much that she couldn't even answer many of my questions - they were far from basic.

So, all along, I have read and listened to other ministers.  I even had a great conversation with a minister while I was on the Way Disciple program.  He had some tremendous insight.

But, yes, I had seen what you mention, and for me it just didn't make sense to completely disregard other teachers.  After all, didn't VPW learn from others?