GreaseSpot Cafe

Plagiarism on the road to success

Bolshevik

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Marconi is often cited as the inventor of radio.  

Many who did invent the radio did not receive the credit he did.

on topic

First, I believe there has been a revision and Telsa is presently credited with having invented radio.

Second, for the sake of argument, did either inventor give permission to the people who made money off of radio to use it?

You see, back when VCRs first came out there were two formats: Beta and VHS. Sony, the inventor, said they were going to keep Beta for themselves and charge companies wanting to make Beta tapes a fee. They, however, gave the VHS patent, the poorer quality signal, to whoever wanted it. Naturally, where there's money to be made, people invest. That's why there are billions of VHS tapes floating around, but very few Beta tapes.

Also, someone posted an experience where he wanted to use some things lying around, but the Corps leader said it was wrong. "Taking without asking is stealing," the leader said.

Now, this was the early Corps, so where did the corps leader get that standard? From Saint Vic, himself? 

If that was a corps standard, and Saint Vic was the top corps leader, why didn't he obey that standard in relation to his plagerism?

Edited by So_crates
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, spectrum49 said:

WRONG! Tesla actually invented the idea of radio in 1892. See the following: https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla/articles/tesla-invented-radio-not-marconi (Just trying to help!) :rolleyes:

49, thanks for the link.  I think Macroni, holds the patent for the radio.  But, I could be wrong.  Does anyone know who really invented the radio?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

49, thanks for the link.  I think Macroni, holds the patent for the radio.  But, I could be wrong.  Does anyone know who really invented the radio?

A "snip" from the article: "Tesla died in 1943 and six months after his death the US Supreme Court ruled that all of Marconi’s radio patents were invalid and awarded the patents for radio to Tesla." :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Mike....

let us hear YOUR version of dictor paul’s rabid anti-semitism, racism, and ideological sentiment for Hitler and Naziism. I’m interested to see if your revisionist “history” is as “accurate” on dictor as it was on Steve Heefner. Which was “the wrong side” in WW II, according to dictor paul, mike??

Was I wrong on the Heefner dismissal?   It was a shock to us all, so lots of room for memory distortions.   Memory is a funny thing, I know.

Can you how me in print (or tape) where VPW publically taught such things?  Yes, I've heard in private he could be pretty rough.  Can't we all be at times and in some contexts?  He did warn us in GMWD to not follow leaders when they are wrong.

How did you react to such things if you heard such things directly from his mouth?   Was it often? Did he build on it? Why did it never make it into print?

I can see him veering off at times (we all do) and saying or doing stupid things, especially things that may have been planted at a very early age. 

There is a neuro-physiological phenomenon I learned about 25 years ago. I learned it literally from some of the world’s top brain scientists, but I’ve never yet seen it in any popular literature. You may have heard of it.

Humans and all mammals go through an early life "pruning" period where brain cells or brain cell connections are pruned away in order to fine tune the new brain to it's immediate environment.

I heard about this at UCSD but never saw it in any popular magazines ever since. I don't know the proper buzz words, but "pruning" was used back then.

Since I heard this face-to-face from someauthorities in the field in the 90s, I have no doubts to it’s veracity, even though I’ve have heard nothing of it since. I've tried googling it, but my skills there are poor and I only have one buzzword to describe it. Something worth learning.

On 3/21/2018 at 5:50 PM, Rocky said:

Struggled with whom? It was his friggin' ministry, for crying out loud.

Some major donors and a lot of others pressured so hard to move HQ elsewhere than New Knoxville around 1959.  VPW decided on New Knoxville and lost supporters and followers.  For their first fellowship there it was decided that 30 faithful followers was going to be enough.   It was a struggle and there were major losses over it.  In that sense it was not his ministry. He was the strongest force, but the only one.

7 hours ago, spectrum49 said:

Maybe a bit off topic, but I have something to say:

There's been talk here about how to define just who "your spiritual leaders" are. I have a story which might shed some light on this:

First, let us keep in mind Heb 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and IS a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

From the above, we understand it's entirely possible to actually perceive what's going on in people's hearts and minds by understanding appropriate related scriptures. And that's still true --- even when they themselves may not be fully aware of it! This is a very important part of discerning spiritual situations.

I once had a Twig Coordinator (name withheld) who wasn't very nice to me personally. It seems he never had much good to say of me --- if anything at all! But still, I put up with his often rudeness the best I could. While it's true I did much to help in the fellowship and conducted myself well, I never heard even one word of thanks, or "good job" from him.

However, he was very quick to point out each and every fault he could find on me (like a fly on .... :realmad:). And many times it wasn't even justified, meaning that he was accusing me falsely! [This is one of the so-called 7 deadly sins from Prov 6:19 (#7) "and he that soweth discord among brethren.". It also relates with the 8th commandment --- from Ex 20:16 "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour."]

Anyway, one time I was reading in Galatians and something stuck out to me. I've bolded the part which struck a chord in my heart:

Rom 13:1-3 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and THOU SHALT HAVE praise of the same:"

According to this, true spiritual leaders are defined by God himself --- and NOT because someone has a corpse ring on his finger and sanction by some earthly ministry to be my leader! This is done in heaven --- and is in accordance with what the Word declares. (Remember Heb 4:12?)

Simply because this guy didn't give me praise when it was warranted, it was revealed to my heart that he was NOT REALLY MY LEADER at all; for if he truly was, he would have conducted himself accordingly.

So one day (when I had enough of his BS) I confronted him about denying me those "words of praise" when they were due. And he laughed at me. So I took him to the section in Romans 13 and showed it to him. And I told him that I no longer considered him my spiritual leader because of it. And he laughed me to scorn!

And from then on, I made it a point "not to obey him in all things". Instead of putting up with his nonsense during fellowship, I constantly confronted him (in front of everyone) when he would accuse me falsely.

In a short time, he became very frustrated! In fact, he got so upset that he actually left the area. (He even divorced his wife, quit the ministry all together --- and moved back to Louisiana where he was brought up!)

And thus: The truth I had boldly declared became true upon earth, even as in heaven --- that he was no longer my leader, or for that matter, anyone's leader! (Actually, he never was anyway --- get it?)

There are many similar parameters like this within the Word --- which truly define life's situations. And the more of them we notice, the wiser we shall be in evaluating the proper associations we should make among people --- and choices which will enhance our lives for the better. :rolleyes:

Bravo!

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Some major donors and a lot of others pressured so hard to move HQ elsewhere than New Knoxville around 1959.  VPW decided on New Knoxville and lost supporters and followers.  For their first fellowship there it was decided that 30 faithful followers was going to be enough.   It was a struggle and there were major losses over it.  In that sense it was not his ministry. He was the strongest force, but the only one.

Seriously? It was his friggin' ministry. So what that some didn't want him to move to NK? It was STILL about him and only him.

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

Was I wrong on the Heefner dismissal?   It was a shock to us all, so lots of room for memory distortions.   Memory is a funny thing, I know.

Can you how me in print (or tape) where VPW publically taught such things?  Yes, I've heard in private he could be pretty rough.  Can't we all be at times and in some contexts?  He did warn us in GMWD to not follow leaders when they are wrong.

How did you react to such things if you heard such things directly from his mouth?   Was it often? Did he build on it? Why did it never make it into print?

I can see him veering off at times (we all do) and saying or doing stupid things, especially things that may have been planted at a very early age. 

There is a neuro-physiological phenomenon I learned about 25 years ago. I learned it literally from some of the world’s top brain scientists, but I’ve never yet seen it in any popular literature. You may have heard of it.

Humans and all mammals go through an early life "pruning" period where brain cells or brain cell connections are pruned away in order to fine tune the new brain to it's immediate environment.

I heard about this at UCSD but never saw it in any popular magazines ever since. I don't know the proper buzz words, but "pruning" was used back then.

Since I heard this face-to-face from someauthorities in the field in the 90s, I have no doubts to it’s veracity, even though I’ve have heard nothing of it since. I've tried googling it, but my skills there are poor and I only have one buzzword to describe it. Something worth learning.

Mike, you're rambling... very nearly incoherently.

The ONE thing that is obvious from (and I did actually READ the entire comment) is that, beside rambling, you fawningly rationalized the irrational acts of a guy you can't defend any other way.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It's interesting how you assume this of me.  Are you immune to it?  

Mike, I don't "assume," this of you; I know it's true from reading your posts. People try to discuss ideas with you, and you often blow them off.  Many people here, try to discuss ideas with you, and you give them "the run around."  Mike, you keep saying the same things, over and over. God forbid, you should change your mind, and realize that VPW, and TWI were garbage.  Well, if you want to think that VPW was wonderful, and your time in TWI was well-spent, that is your right.  Me, I know that VPW was Garbage, and TWI was, and is an evil cult.  Do what you want; I want people here at the GSC, to get answers to their questions about TWI.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

DWBH, Mike's mind is all ready made up.  Please don't confuse him, with any facts.  

Grace: That reminds me EXACTLY of something Mike said long ago to someone named George, right around the time he first began to post in GS: :rolleyes:

No, George. If you read my posts more carefully you'll see I'm saying:

"Don't waste my time and yours with the facts. I've already seen them all, long before you did, and I've FINALLY made up my mind."

4 minutes ago, spectrum49 said:
Grace: That reminds me EXACTLY of something Mike said long ago to someone named George, right around the time he first began to post in GS: :rolleyes:

No, George. If you read my posts more carefully you'll see I'm saying:

"Don't waste my time and yours with the facts. I've already seen them all, long before you did, and I've FINALLY made up my mind."

Good one, Mel. I know George. I'll let him know you cited him. :wave:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Good one, Mel. I know George. I'll let him know you cited him. :wave:

ROCKY: Actually (in the previous post, from the 2002 link) George Aar had said to Mike, "Basically aren't you simply saying "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up"?" And isn't it strange how Mike replied in the very next post: "NO GEORGE...Don't waste my time and yours with the facts. I've already seen them all, long before you did, and I've FINALLY made up my mind." Isn't it utterly ironic how Mike contradicted himself --- first disagreeing with George, but (in his very next breath) agreeing with exactly what George had said to him! Rather confusing, huh? :asdf:

Edited by spectrum49
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Rocky said:

I understand, Mel. It's the same thing Mike's been saying since the start of GSC.

Yes...and if you hadn't noticed what George said 2 paragraphs later in that same post: "Although I doubt you'll pay any attention to this advice whatsoever (you know the TRUTH after all)."  And it's been 16 years since he said that. SO --- Is George a prophet? (LMAO) :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, spectrum49 said:

Yes...and if you hadn't noticed what George said 2 paragraphs later in that same post: "Although I doubt you'll pay any attention to this advice whatsoever (you know the TRUTH after all)."  And it's been 16 years since he said that. SO --- Is George a prophet? (LMAO) :biglaugh:

IDK... George mainly doesn't care who he offends. :anim-smile:

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

Seriously? It was his friggin' ministry. So what that some didn't want him to move to NK? It was STILL about him and only him.

No.  

When he lost members and donations it cost a lot.  It matters not if someone "owns" an organization if the major followers leave, ESPECIALLY if it's a tiny organization.

If he really had a 1942 revelation then the  ministry SHOULD be about him and him giving it to us.  That is NOT a democracy.  It was the revelation to him that it was all about.

Now, if he didn't get a revelation in 1942 and the promised followups, THEN you all are totally right-on and I should join you. 

But if it WAS a genuine revelation then you should join me.

It has NOTHING to do with VPW or his sin or his successes. 

It all revolves around whether that was a genuine revelation. God can give a revelation to anyone He wants to. He does not have to follow OUR rules and principles for selecting ministers. Spectrum49's brilliant post above illustrates some of these principles we must use.

In fact I think God delights in confounding our traditions and man made religion in some of His ways.  Remember Isaiah 55, that  His ways are not our ways. 

I see him selecting VPW as the recipient and the teacher of this revelation to confound those of us who insist on man made religion.  It filters out the less devoted to truth from those who hunger for it above all man's ways and traditions and adulation.

From the benefits I have received from written PFAL, and from the providential shielding I had from ALL things Way Corps, I vote GENUINE.

Edited by Mike

4 hours ago, Mike said:

If anyone has heard or knows anything more on this, I'd be interested to hear it.  

2 minutes ago, TLC said:

If anyone has heard or knows anything more on this, I'd be interested to hear it.  

This (the early life pruning process)  one of the most fascinating things in science I know of, YET it's still in limbo after 25 years.

If I get any documentation soon. I'll post it.

Edited by Mike

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

you fawningly rationalized the irrational acts of a guy you can't defend any other way.

Not rationalize.

If VPW expressed the kinds of things Ralph asked me about then I see them as IRRATIONAL.    He wasn't Jesus Christ you know. That means flaws, even flaws you don't like. IRRATIONAL flaws.

What you see in me is forgiveness. Maybe you can learn from it.