GreaseSpot Cafe

Plagiarism on the road to success

Bolshevik

3 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Mike, I don't "assume," this of you; I know it's true from reading your posts. People try to discuss ideas with you, and you often blow them off.  Many people here, try to discuss ideas with you, and you give them "the run around."  Mike, you keep saying the same things, over and over. God forbid, you should change your mind, and realize that VPW, and TWI were garbage.  Well, if you want to think that VPW was wonderful, and your time in TWI was well-spent, that is your right.  Me, I know that VPW was Garbage, and TWI was, and is an evil cult.  Do what you want; I want people here at the GSC, to get answers to their questions about TWI.  

GVC, your mind is all ready made up.  Please don't let me confuse you with any facts.  

3 hours ago, spectrum49 said:
Grace: That reminds me EXACTLY of something Mike said long ago to someone named George, right around the time he first began to post in GS: :rolleyes:

No, George. If you read my posts more carefully you'll see I'm saying:

"Don't waste my time and yours with the facts. I've already seen them all, long before you did, and I've FINALLY made up my mind."

You seem to be a researcher.   Please consider the differences: (1) seen them ALL (2) long before you did (3)and I've FINALLY made up my mind.

I can budge on the word "all" there.  If someone shows me facts I am NOT yet aware of then some re-thinking can be done on my part. I have already done some of this since I wrote that in 2002. I've been at this a very long time, I was lucky to get a LOT of facts that none knew here, and I was sheltered from a lot of the BS of the Corps.

Edited by Mike

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

No.  

When he lost members and donations it cost a lot.  It matters not if someone "owns" an organization if the major followers leave, ESPECIALLY if it's a tiny organization.

If he really had a 1942 revelation then the  ministry SHOULD be about him and him giving it to us.  That is NOT a democracy.  It was the revelation to him that it was all about.

Now, if he didn't get a revelation in 1942 and the promised followups, THEN you all are totally right-on and I should join you. 

But if it WAS a genuine revelation then you should join me.

It has NOTHING to do with VPW or his sin or his successes. 

It all revolves around whether that was a genuine revelation. God can give a revelation to anyone He wants to. He does not have to follow OUR rules and principles for selecting ministers. Spectrum49's brilliant post above illustrates some of these principles we must use.

In fact I think God delights in confounding our traditions and man made religion in some of His ways.  Remember Isaiah 55, that  His ways are not our ways. 

I see him selecting VPW as the recipient and the teacher of this revelation to confound those of us who insist on man made religion.  It filters out the less devoted to truth from those who hunger for it above all man's ways and traditions and adulation.

From the benefits I have received from written PFAL, and from the providential shielding I had from ALL things Way Corps, I vote GENUINE.

Right... it's NOT a democracy, but you vote "genuine."

Should you not at least answer the questions raised from scripture? (Proverbs 11:14 and 16:18)

2 hours ago, spectrum49 said:

ROCKY: Actually (in the previous post, from the 2002 link) George Aar had said to Mike, "Basically aren't you simply saying "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up"?" And isn't it strange how Mike replied in the very next post: "NO GEORGE...Don't waste my time and yours with the facts. I've already seen them all, long before you did, and I've FINALLY made up my mind." Isn't it utterly ironic how Mike contradicted himself --- first disagreeing with George, but (in his very next breath) agreeing with exactly what George had said to him! Rather confusing, huh? :asdf:

Maybe you missed my recent confession as to WHY I practiced the Art of Dodging here, and pretty well I might add, back in 2002. . It was to get my message out undeterred. 

I continued this technique all the way up to about two months ago when I gave up my hard hitting distribution campaign. I'm a lot more open to considerations now, but I still maintain my position.

On 3/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, Rocky said:

King Solomon apparently disagreed with your (il)logic. What do you do with Proverbs 11:14?

"Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety." ESV

And what about Proverbs 16:18?

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." NIV

Mike, I think the scriptures are calling BULL$hit on you.

VeePee was as arrogant as they come and clearly, he eschewed wise counsel when he needed it most.

Prov 16
Arrogance aimed at religion and tradition and error was not what Solomon was talking about.  I want a leader who calls the BS in religion with great conviction. Naturally to a believer in such religion that LOOKS like arrogance.

Oh sure, he could have plenty of sin arrogance at times, but not in the written teachings. It was filtered out there. God and many others helped him.

Prov 11

VPW had many counselors and advisors. Sometime they talked him into the  right decisions and sometimes they talked him into the wrong decisions.  If he happened to get a revelation on an issue, then he told them to get lost.  Uncle Harry told me this is how Board of Trustee meetings went. He said they often fought like cats and dogs, but if Vic said "thus saith the Lord" they shut up.

Rocky, I think the reason you couldn't predict this answer I gave is because you feel you can not lower yourself to even consider what I say a little. You reveal your hand here.  Try listening with understanding instead of resistance and you'll understand this better. 

You have the ability to temporarily PUT yourself into my argument, yet you're afraid to. Every serious High School debate team member learns to PUT themselves into an argument they don't believe to develop a flexible debating mind. You can do this. I think you're afraid to even consider what I say. 

errata: 

In "Try listening with understanding instead of resistance and you'll understand this better."  The phrase "listening without understanding" was changed to "listening with understanding"

Edited by Mike

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not rationalize.

If VPW expressed the kinds of things Ralph asked me about then I see them as IRRATIONAL.    He wasn't Jesus Christ you know. That means flaws, even flaws you don't like. IRRATIONAL flaws.

What you see in me is forgiveness. Maybe you can learn from it.

Mike, I think people here have forgiven you a number of times.  However, when people present you with facts, you give them a lot of insipid answers.  Personally, I think you don't want to admit, to being wrong.  I give up Mike; I don't have the patience to deal with you. Shalom!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

Maybe you missed my recent confession as to WHY I practiced the Art of Dodging here, and pretty well I might add, back in 2002. . It was to get my message out undeterred. 

I continued this technique all the way up to about two months ago when I gave up my hard hitting distribution campaign. I'm a lot more open to considerations now, but I still maintain my position.

Get it out incoherently, you might mean. When others pose questions for clarification (what about this; what about that; etc) if you had a coherent message, you'd be able to process the feedback and use it to build. By your own admission, you practiced dodging. How artful is subject to debate. And because you didn't and don't participate in a socratic process to make your message more meaningful, it collapses on the weight of its own hallowness because the support beams can't handle the weight.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Rocky, I think the reason you couldn't predict this answer I gave is because you feel you can not lower yourself to even consider what I say a little. You reveal your hand here.  Try listening without understanding instead of resistance and you'll understand this better. 

You have the ability to temporarily PUT yourself into my argument, yet you're afraid to. Every serious High School debate team member learns to PUT themselves into an argument they don't believe to develop a flexible debating mind. You can do this. I think you're afraid to even consider what I say. 

That you think I was trying to predict your answers gives rise to your confabulation. I was not trying to predict, I was asking you to answer. Your second paragragh makes no sense. I wasn't trying to put myself into any such thing.

Carry on. Hope against hope that one day you will make sense.

9 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Mike, I think people here have forgiven you a number of times.  However, when people present you with facts, you give them a lot of insipid answers.  Personally, I think you don't want to admit, to being wrong.  I give up Mike; I don't have the patience to deal with you. Shalom!

Goodbye, again.

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

That you think I was trying to predict your answers gives rise to your confabulation. I was not trying to predict, I was asking you to answer. Your second paragragh makes no sense. I wasn't trying to put myself into any such thing.

When you asked me the questions it was because you thought they would trip me up. That means you predicted I had no good answer. You prediction was wrong. I note that you did nothing here to refute my answers to the Proverbs questions. 

I think you could have predicted right it if you were willing to wrap your head around my thesis, temporarily, for the logic of it. I also see other posters doing this, often.

17 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Mike, how much alcohol must you consume to come up with this malarky?

Honest Officer!  I find that nursing one beer for almost two hours on a dancefloor does not slow me down. High velocity is essential in hot Rock n Roll dancing. Right now I'm at my limit of two glasses of wine in 3 hours of typing.  It slows me down in typing too.

You must not be a drinker to think my posts can be done buzzed. Any buzz kills efficiency. There are too many details to consider. I'd be nailed left and right in my posts here if I was drinking too much. No one here would feel the need to negate me if I inefficiently assaulted some of the fundamental beliefs here.   I'd be ignored.

Maybe a tiny buzz is good for bedtime, but that's all.  I get headaches too easily when major buzzed.  It's almost 2 am now, so nighty night. :)

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

When you asked me the questions it was because you thought they would trip me up. That means you predicted I had no good answer. You prediction was wrong. I note that you did nothing here to refute my answers to the Proverbs questions. 

I think you could have predicted right it if you were willing to wrap your head around my thesis, temporarily, for the logic of it. I also see other posters doing this, often.

Rocky, thanks for the link.  I always wanted to know what "confabulation" meant!  Thanks!

11 hours ago, spectrum49 said:
Grace: That reminds me EXACTLY of something Mike said long ago to someone named George, right around the time he first began to post in GS: :rolleyes:

No, George. If you read my posts more carefully you'll see I'm saying:

"Don't waste my time and yours with the facts. I've already seen them all, long before you did, and I've FINALLY made up my mind."

Actually, there are plenty of facts you repeatedly choose to ignore.

Many woman have written testimonials here about how Saint Vic forced himself on them. 

Losing the Way is another book of facts you've chosen to ignore. 

This is like a jury saying, We don't want to hear anything about the crime, just tell us what a model citizen the defendant was.

How can you make an honest decision based on half the information?

8 hours ago, Mike said:

If VPW expressed the kinds of things Ralph asked me about then I see them as IRRATIONAL.    He wasn't Jesus Christ you know. That means flaws, even flaws you don't like. IRRATIONAL flaws.

What you see in me is forgiveness. Maybe you can learn from it.

So you have no trouble forgiving Saint Vic, but you have a  problem forgiving everyone here.

Proof?

How many accusations have you made at the people here?

Just a few post down, you accuse ssomeone of trying to trip you up. And you know what goes on in his mind, how?

You've accused Twinky of using lawyer tricks. And you know her intent how?

Where is all that forgiveness your preaching?

8 hours ago, Mike said:

And your presidence for this is what?

For us professional question askers (lawyers, procecutors, journalist, etc.) when somebody dodges a question it usually means one of two things:

a). They haven't thought their story through

b). They're hiding something

Edited by So_crates
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Even you should be able to recognize that as nothing more and nothing less than you projecting onto me. Here's the formula you set forth: "When YOU _____ it was because you thought _____."

Dude, you've projected so far and so emphatically that you --- having NO basis in fact or in my words (which you didn't quote to even try to show where you came up with the notion) for claiming I was trying to predict anything that you would say.

That's beyond bizarre.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Now, if he didn't get a revelation in 1942 and the promised followups, THEN you all are totally right-on and I should join you. 

But if it WAS a genuine revelation then you should join me.

And your proof it was a genuine revelation, beyond I said it was a genuine revelation?

10 hours ago, Mike said:

t all revolves around whether that was a genuine revelation. God can give a revelation to anyone He wants to. He does not have to follow OUR rules and principles for selecting ministers. Spectrum49's brilliant post above illustrates some of these principles we must use.

And you realize of course that Spectrum 49's brilliant post would discredit Saint Vic as a MOG, don't you?

For example, when did Saint Vic ever praise someonewho wasn't doing his bidding?

In fact I think God delights in confounding our traditions and man made religion in some of His ways.  Remember Isaiah 55, that  His ways are not our ways. 

I see him selecting VPW as the recipient and the teacher of this revelation to confound those of us who insist on man made religion.  It filters out the less devoted to truth from those who hunger for it above all man's ways and traditions and adulation.

From the benefits I have received from written PFAL, and from the providential shielding I had from ALL things Way Corps, I vote GENUINE.

And after 42 years of effort resulting in failure--not to mention others testimonials on this forum of resounding failures--I'd vote PHONEY

What else you got?

Edited by So_crates

Dear Mike:

After reading your latest verbose fairytale ramblings, I have come to the conclusion that it is fruitless to discuss anything about dictor paul, TWIt, the Bible, or piffle with you ever again. To once again quote Thomas Paine, “To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” I’m happy to discuss anything else with you, share a glass of wine some time maybe......but NO MAS on anything Bible, Wierwille, TWIt, or piffle. Bette sums up how I feel about discussing any of the aforementioned “spiritual topics” with you. Never again! LOL! TY.......and......peace.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214804932574770&set=a.10214089284524016.1073741830.1169468755&

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1