GreaseSpot Cafe

Twi Began Its Independent Undertaking -- December 19, 1957

skyrider

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, skyrider said:

Okay......I decided to dig out Mrs. Wierwille's book, [BATS].....and give you the specifics.

• Page 215.........wierwille's resignation letter
  • Page 219........."A New Headquarters"
  • ........................"While we were preparing to leave the Van Wert pastorate, we had found new housing for our family, as well as for The Way Ministry, at 649 South Washington Street, still in Van Wert.  This house was an outstanding example of the Queen Anne style of architecture, with its three-story round tower, fretted windows, elaborate bay windows, and distinctive pillared and balustered front porch.  And we had all the room we needed."
  • "Parking space was readily available along one side of the street, as well as in our large backyard.  The location and house were perfectly suited to use as our family home, Dr. Wierwille's and Rhoda's offices, and a meeting place for the many Way activities."
  • ......snip......."We moved into this home the week after the final Sunday service at St. Peter's.  Dr. Wierwille was now free from all denominational responsibilities and pressure."
  • "Uncle Harry said, 'The in-depth teaching really got going in 1957 when he [Dr. Wierwille] resigned from the organized church.  It wasn't a surprise, but then, really it was.  I became vitally interested in his work at that point.  I wanted him to succeed in his venture.'"
  • "We began our independent undertaking by having meetings in this Washington Street home on Thursday evenings and late Sunday afternoons.  The first Thursday evening fellowship was held on December 19, and the first Sunday meeting, on December 29, 1957."
  •  

Therefore.........according to the most-detailed accounting of The Way International's beginnings, Mrs. Wierwille documents the timeline AND the exact day and date of their INDEPENDENT UNDERTAKING...............December 19, 1957.

The reason for this thread is to point out the blatant lies stemming from headquarters.

• Mr. Wierwille stated that he began "the way ministry" with the first broadcast of Vesper Chimes:  October 3,  1942
  • Mrs. Wierwille stated in her book that twi and "A New Headquarters" began at 649 S. Washington Street:  December 19, 1957

Mr. Wierwille claimed that "they were pioneers"........because they had young people singing in those radio broadcasts [while those he listened to by Rev. Charles Fuller did not]. 

Mrs. Wierwille's book:  Page 1......................  "The idea of writing my husband's biography didn't originate with me.  I was asked to do it.  Previously when a biography was mentioned, I had thought I would be able to contribute to one.  I was very aware that no one else could accurately relate Dr. Wierwille's life without my input.  He and I were raised in the same community and lived much of our lives together.  I felt I knew his life better than anyone else and therefore could reconstruct it most fully and authentically."

So, who you going to believe?  Victor Paul Wierwille or Dorothea Kipp Wierwille?

To look at the Vesper Chimes broadcast as twi's beginning when wierwille was a pastor at St. Jacob's Evangelical and Reformed Church in Payne, Ohio stretches credulity to the limit.  In no way, shape or manner did victor paul wierwille have any inkling of a "class-based, independent ministry" in 1942.  Wierwille was rooted in the denominational structure of the church......and by listening to Rev. Fuller's radio broadcast each week, wierwille crafted this plagiarist path to get his voice heard to a wider audience.  No revelation from above.  No originality.  Just wierwille studying the religious landscape to up his influence.

Hiding In Plain Sight......is the substantiated anniversary date, documented in her book no less, by Dorothea Kipp Wierwille:  December 19, 1957.

So, why do the directors lay claim to the flippant and not the obvious?

1. Dr. Wierwille made the claim that Oct. 3, 1942 was when "twi was founded."
  2. Can't go back and correct the record.........the cult never retracts anything
  3. Who cares if this cult wants to fanaticize its beginning?  Don't all cults?
  4. Besides.........NO ONE reads mrs. w's book for details.  It's a picture book. lol

:biglaugh:   And if they can't even get THIS right.......from a "biblical research" organization?  :biglaugh: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Mrs. Wierwille's book gives a listing of foundational classes run in 1958.......

• January           Fort Myers, FL
  • February         Arcadia, FL
  • April                 Columbus, OH
  • June                 Van Wert, OH
  • August              New Lyme, OH
  •   ".....                  Kitchener, Ontario, Canada [Mal George]
  •   ".....                  Covington, OH
  •   ".....                  Piqua, OH
  • September       Dayton, OH
  • October            Columbus, OH
  •   ".....                  Urbana, OH -- Mal George taught during day, Vpw taught nights
  • November        Jamaica, NY

*Note:    Dick and Dee Fischbach [Dorothea's sister] were living in Arcadia, FL

**Question:   Except for about 20 faithful............where did all these grads go?  Doesn't everyone become committed when they hear pfal? 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, skyrider said:

**Question:   Except for about 20 faithful............where did all these grads go?  Doesn't everyone become committed when they hear pfal? 

Perhaps they went WOW and then were missing-in-action...

seriously, great “investigative reporting “ Skyrider !

Edited by T-Bone
  • Upvote 1

page 239..........wierwille writes this letter to confront those who were pushing back against the plan to make the wierwille farmstead "the new headquarters.'  Also, there were some who were walking away or not financially supporting his efforts.

April 1959

"...but Satan hindered..."

I Thessalonians 2:18

Dear Graduate of Power for Abundant Living Class:

Satan's opposition to the ministry of The Way is strong evidence we must be on the right track.

If you are one interested in The Way ministry and what it teaches and stands for, Satan will do everything in his power to discourage you and prevent you from supporting it regularly and faithfully.  He will bring doubt into your mind concerning the honesty and integrity of its leaders, its plans and its works.

The devil knows that you will not only receive the finest academic and biblical training and teaching on the accuracy of God's Word through The Way ministry, but that you will acquire a certainty and assurance in your life you never possessed until after you came in contact with The Way.

The devil knows the worth of a soul saved and filled with the 'Power of God,' but he wants us to forget that, and to look at the material side especially the money.  That way Satan can keep us giving as little as possible in supporting it and so keep it from spreading.

You are my only contact for spreading this ministry.  If you fail me, then in your life time and mine we will have written our own story.  Don't let Satan so soon make you forget the spiritual light and power and physical and even material blessings that have come to you because of my ministry.

There is only one question I want you to ask yourself and by your answer you will know and so will I, how much The Way ministry has you as a co-worker.  Do you believe in The Way ministry and what it stands for?  If your answer is yes, you will not only pray and believe with me, but you will write to me and support my efforts with your tithes and offerings.

I have given my ALL for the sake of ministering the wonderful Word of God.  I am glad and happy to minister to you the spiritual food from the Word.  Surely you should not begrudge me your material support.  We operate the business end of The Way ministry more economically than any Christian organization I know.  We have only two salaried employees, my secretary Rhoda Becker, and my personal assistant, Malvin George.  Both are doing twice as much work as should be required of them.  I need these two helpers and we should really have two more people on our staff --- but Satan hinders.

Here is how your support helps:

1. Not one penny of your money has been used in The Way farm or in the business connected with it.
  2. It is used to meet current expenses including the operation of Headquarters, salaries, foreign missions and home missions, necessary but limited, office equipment and publications.

HERE IS WHAT YOUR ADDED INTEREST WOULD HELP DO:

1. Get Malvin George out teaching full time.  He is spiritually prepared to teach Classes on Power for Abundant Living.  The only reason he isn't out full time is because it takes money and Satan has hindered.
  2. Get other people academically ready to teach others.  This takes not only a location, but the staff to do it.  As far as I am concerned I know God has given us the location, all we need is the friends who really are thankful for what they have received and learned and are willing to help us.
  3. Help me to keep the financial pressure off of me by meeting our current expenses on time.  Today we are $629.30 in the red.  This would not be a source of burden to me if Satan did not hinder our people who have received from me.  People many times say, 'V.P. shouldn't have anything to do with the material end.'  I assure you I wouldn't have if the necessary material needs were in.
  4. Down through the years, from time to time, my children had to draw their savings from their anticipated future education out of the bank to get the current expenses paid.  It hurts my personal pride to write this to you, but it's the truth.  Don't you really feel that my children should not have to do this?  Don't you think I ought to take care of my family?  Don't I have even this right?  Through the years The Way has helped many young men and women financially through The Way Student Aid Foundation, but not one penny has been offered to my son who is now in college preparing for the ministry, nor will I ever allow my son to receive one cent.  But wouldn't you say that the people whose lives have been blessed by my ministry should see to it that my children have their savings restored?
  5. The Way needs a permanent place for Headquarters and since we have the farm which is ideally located, from all transportational points of view, I would like to establish our Headquarters there and live there with my family, and start training people in a small way maybe, but at least that way we would get started.  After I am gone it may be you or your son who will live there to direct the activities of The Way.  I am sorry that Mrs. Bomholt and Mrs. Wiley met with such opposition among some of you among whom I have bled my heart out.  I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do.  You need not be in favor or financially support the establishing and revamping of the two houses at the farm, you can send your contributions in and 'ear mark' it for any purpose you desire for it to go, and for that purpose or purposes it will be used as it has always been used.  There are so many needs I have listed a few, if you desire to know other needs The Way is endeavoring to carry out spiritually, write to me and I will give you details.  Also any question you may have regarding The Way, its work or ministry, if you will write me or see me I will answer your questions.  Don't let your questions or doubts defeat The Way ministry.  I need you and God needs you if I am to do the work in a larger way, to which He has called me.

I thank God for everyone of you who have faithfully stood by me to help and I know God will not only bless you now but reward you in the resurrection.  God bless you.

I believe I can say to you what Paul said to the believers in Corinth.  Will you please read the first five verses of I Corinthians Chapter 2.  These are my words to you and may God have mercy upon us for so soon forgetting what He has done for us in Christ Jesus.

Sincerely,

In His Service,

Victor Paul Wierwille

P.S.  Before you go to bed tonight will you write me and then having written me please read I Corinthians 3:4-11 and then pray for me and the ministry of His Word.  God loves you and I do and I love to teach and study His Word.

Edited by skyrider
typos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

You are my only contact for spreading this ministry.  If you fail me, then in your life time and mine we will have written our own story.  Don't let Satan so soon make you forget the spiritual light and power and physical and even material blessings that have come to you because of my ministry.

Sheesh! So much motivation by guilt and the logical fallacy of false equivalence! "MY Ministry", eh? Thanks for posting Sky! Never saw this before. Saw the resignation letter and the back-and-forth between dic and the denominational beaurocrats, the haggling over "Dilemma of Foreign Missions in India", the allegations of embezzlement and extra-marital sexual affairs, and the animosity dic had toward his previous employers. But, I never saw this letter! Sounds just as bad as the corpse letters he had Karen Kerger, Donna Randall, and others "help" him with.

As I've said many times before, there was NEVER a time when TWIt was "good"! It was built on lies, stealing, and adultery from the 1940s-1957. After they got the farm to be their HQ, and alleviated the "constant Satanic pressure" from the denomination, dic was free to build his cult of personality and self-aggrandizement. He was free to guilt and shame "the household" into giving him their $$ as proof of their stalwart belief and financial support of ""HIS minus-tray"! He was free to bang any woman he wanted to with impunity. The King "owns" ALL the women in the Kingdom, remember? That includes their teenaged daughters too!

They had their hula-hoop product and now they sold it like crazy. Once dic stumbled into the hippie Jesus freaks in CA, while "researching" their supposed "open marriages" as practiced in their "Christian orgies", the "ministry of God's woid" took off. That's what he went to The House of Acts in the Bay Area to do. Jim and Judy and Steve and Sandy freaked. So, dic gave 'em a free ride to Summer School in 1969, allowed them to establish their own independent 501(C)3 corporations in NY and CA, The Way East and The Way West, and made them the mogs for the coasts. Add Donnie Fugit in Wichita, KS, and Steve/Laurie Perez on Long Island, NY, the ECU Way Home started by Tim Somerville (John's brother), and the jalvis show in Indiana, and you have the explosion of TWIt onto the "Jesus Freak" scene, from 1970 forward.

Then, in 1972, dic brought it all home to HQ, and TWIt began it's 16 year rise and fall. Both happened with dramatic speed. When dic successfully pulled off his "Christian martyr's" death show, and "turned his face to the wall" to "save" HIS minus-tray, the stage was set for the utter destruction of everything dic said he built! He took his ball and went home! If HE couldn't be the captain, then neither could anyone else! He wanted Donnie to be the second prez. But, he had to go with the moron from Oklahoma, because Donnie was so deadpan boring when speaking publicly, or "teaching Da woid", that he could put the trees his father preached to in the TWIt woods, into the deepest sleep available to trees! LOL! Interesting to note that dic was a whiney little baby beggar boy back then already, who wanted to live the champagne and caviar lifestyle of Hugh Hefner in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. What a farce and what a fraud. And the beat goes on......

• Upvote 3

page 239..........wierwille writes this letter to confront those who were pushing back against the plan to make the wierwille farmstead "the new headquarters.'  Also, there were some who were walking away or not financially supporting his efforts.

Some background that preceded this letter.........page 234

"Since the November 16, 1958 meeting, believers had again worked on plans for starting The Way Biblical Seminary.  One proposed location for the seminary was the Wierwille farm.  The solicitation of funds to begin work on the seminary found resistance at the meeting of the Miami Valley Group.  The Way branch in Troy, Ohio, said that they wanted the farm of The Way in New Knoxville to be kept separate from the spiritual arm of the ministry. They wanted to be sure that their money was going to help spread the work of the ministry and not to help pay off the mortgage at the farm or for the business of the farm.  They wanted a seminary to be started but at a location other than the Wierwille farm."

"In responding to this concern, H. E. Wierwille gave a detailed report on how the farm had been given to The Way by his brother Victor and himself.  None of the money from any graduates of the Power for Abundant Living classes had been used thus far in work done at the farm or for business related to the farm."

In reading thru mrs. w's accounting of this time period.......it is clear that Troy, Piqua, Dayton and Columbus areas were growing hubs of outreach.  Wierwille taught an "advanced class" in Troy, OH from June 30 - July 11, 1958. 

Still "headquartered" on Washington Street in Van Wert at this time, plans were formulating towards establishing "a new headquarters" at the Wierwille Homestead now that Old Man Wierwille died and the farm was inherited by Vic, Harry and Reuben.  Dissention was growing.....and trust to keep money separate from the business side of the farm was evaporating.

The First Exodus of TWI.............was the Troy/Piqua believers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

•  
  • Help me to keep the financial pressure off of me by meeting our current expenses on time.  Today we are $629.30 in the red.  This would not be a source of burden to me if Satan did not hinder our people who have received from me.  People many times say, 'V.P. shouldn't have anything to do with the material end.'  I assure you I wouldn't have if the necessary material needs were in.

HELP ME, HELP ME.........pay my bills.         :spy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

April 1959

"...but Satan hindered..."

I Thessalonians 2:18

Dear Graduate of Power for Abundant Living Class:

Satan's opposition to the ministry of The Way is strong evidence we must be on the right track.

If you are one interested in The Way ministry and what it teaches and stands for, Satan will do everything in his power to discourage you and prevent you from supporting it regularly and faithfully.  He will bring doubt into your mind concerning the honesty and integrity of its leaders, its plans and its works.

The devil knows that you will not only receive the finest academic and biblical training and teaching on the accuracy of God's Word through The Way ministry, but that you will acquire a certainty and assurance in your life you never possessed until after you came in contact with The Way.

The devil knows the worth of a soul saved and filled with the 'Power of God,' but he wants us to forget that, and to look at the material side especially the money.  That way Satan can keep us giving as little as possible in supporting it and so keep it from spreading.

There is only one question I want you to ask yourself and by your answer you will know and so will I, how much The Way ministry has you as a co-worker.  Do you believe in The Way ministry and what it stands for?  If your answer is yes, you will not only pray and believe with me, but you will write to me and support my efforts with your tithes and offerings.

I have given my ALL for the sake of ministering the wonderful Word of God.  I am glad and happy to minister to you the spiritual food from the Word.  Surely you should not begrudge me your material support.  We operate the business end of The Way ministry more economically than any Christian organization I know.  We have only two salaried employees, my secretary Rhoda Becker, and my personal assistant, Malvin George.  Both are doing twice as much work as should be required of them.  I need these two helpers and we should really have two more people on our staff --- but Satan hinders.

Here is how your support helps:

1. Not one penny of your money has been used in The Way farm or in the business connected with it.
  2. It is used to meet current expenses including the operation of Headquarters, salaries, foreign missions and home missions, necessary but limited, office equipment and publications.

HERE IS WHAT YOUR ADDED INTEREST WOULD HELP DO:

1. Get Malvin George out teaching full time.  He is spiritually prepared to teach Classes on Power for Abundant Living.  The only reason he isn't out full time is because it takes money and Satan has hindered.
  2. Get other people academically ready to teach others.  This takes not only a location, but the staff to do it.  As far as I am concerned I know God has given us the location, all we need is the friends who really are thankful for what they have received and learned and are willing to help us.
  3. Help me to keep the financial pressure off of me by meeting our current expenses on time.  Today we are $629.30 in the red.  This would not be a source of burden to me if Satan did not hinder our people who have received from me.  People many times say, 'V.P. shouldn't have anything to do with the material end.'  I assure you I wouldn't have if the necessary material needs were in.
  4. Down through the years, from time to time, my children had to draw their savings from their anticipated future education out of the bank to get the current expenses paid.  It hurts my personal pride to write this to you, but it's the truth.  Don't you really feel that my children should not have to do this?  Don't you think I ought to take care of my family?  Don't I have even this right?  Through the years The Way has helped many young men and women financially through The Way Student Aid Foundation, but not one penny has been offered to my son who is now in college preparing for the ministry, nor will I ever allow my son to receive one cent.  But wouldn't you say that the people whose lives have been blessed by my ministry should see to it that my children have their savings restored?
  5. The Way needs a permanent place for Headquarters and since we have the farm which is ideally located, from all transportational points of view, I would like to establish our Headquarters there and live there with my family, and start training people in a small way maybe, but at least that way we would get started.  After I am gone it may be you or your son who will live there to direct the activities of The Way.  I am sorry that Mrs. Bomholt and Mrs. Wiley met with such opposition among some of you among whom I have bled my heart out.  I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do.  You need not be in favor or financially support the establishing and revamping of the two houses at the farm, you can send your contributions in and 'ear mark' it for any purpose you desire for it to go, and for that purpose or purposes it will be used as it has always been used.  There are so many needs I have listed a few, if you desire to know other needs The Way is endeavoring to carry out spiritually, write to me and I will give you details.  Also any question you may have regarding The Way, its work or ministry, if you will write me or see me I will answer your questions.  Don't let your questions or doubts defeat The Way ministry.  I need you and God needs you if I am to do the work in a larger way, to which He has called me.

I thank God for everyone of you who have faithfully stood by me to help and I know God will not only bless you now but reward you in the resurrection.  God bless you.

I believe I can say to you what Paul said to the believers in Corinth.  Will you please read the first five verses of I Corinthians Chapter 2.  These are my words to you and may God have mercy upon us for so soon forgetting what He has done for us in Christ Jesus.

Sincerely,

In His Service,

Victor Paul Wierwille

P.S.  Before you go to bed tonight will you write me and then having written me please read I Corinthians 3:4-11 and then pray for me and the ministry of His Word.  God loves you and I do and I love to teach and study His Word.

"whoa whoa whoa back up a minute"  - was there actually a Way Student Aid Foundation ?

1 hour ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Sheesh! So much motivation by guilt and the logical fallacy of false equivalence! "MY Ministry", eh? Thanks for posting Sky! Never saw this before. Saw the resignation letter and the back-and-forth between dic and the denominational beaurocrats, the haggling over "Dilemma of Foreign Missions in India", the allegations of embezzlement and extra-marital sexual affairs, and the animosity dic had toward his previous employers. But, I never saw this letter! Sounds just as bad as the corpse letters he had Karen Kerger, Donna Randall, and others "help" him with.

As I've said many times before, there was NEVER a time when TWIt was "good"! It was built on lies, stealing, and adultery from the 1940s-1957. After they got the farm to be their HQ, and alleviated the "constant Satanic pressure" from the denomination, dic was free to build his cult of personality and self-aggrandizement. He was free to guilt and shame "the household" into giving him their $$ as proof of their stalwart belief and financial support of ""HIS minus-tray"! He was free to bang any woman he wanted to with impunity. The King "owns" ALL the women in the Kingdom, remember? That includes their teenaged daughters too!

They had their hula-hoop product and now they sold it like crazy. Once dic stumbled into the hippie Jesus freaks in CA, while "researching" their supposed "open marriages" as practiced in their "Christian orgies", the "ministry of God's woid" took off. That's what he went to The House of Acts in the Bay Area to do. Jim and Judy and Steve and Sandy freaked. So, dic gave 'em a free ride to Summer School in 1969, allowed them to establish their own independent 501(C)3 corporations in NY and CA, The Way East and The Way West, and made them the mogs for the coasts. Add Donnie Fugit in Wichita, KS, and Steve/Laurie Perez on Long Island, NY, the ECU Way Home started by Tim Somerville (John's brother), and the jalvis show in Indiana, and you have the explosion of TWIt onto the "Jesus Freak" scene, from 1970 forward.

Then, in 1972, dic brought it all home to HQ, and TWIt began it's 16 year rise and fall. Both happened with dramatic speed. When dic successfully pulled off his "Christian martyr's" death show, and "turned his face to the wall" to "save" HIS minus-tray, the stage was set for the utter destruction of everything dic said he built! He took his ball and went home! If HE couldn't be the captain, then neither could anyone else! He wanted Donnie to be the second prez. But, he had to go with the moron from Oklahoma, because Donnie was so deadpan boring when speaking publicly, or "teaching Da woid", that he could put the trees his father preached to in the TWIt woods, into the deepest sleep available to trees! LOL! Interesting to note that dic was a whiney little baby beggar boy back then already, who wanted to live the champagne and caviar lifestyle of Hugh Hefner in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. What a farce and what a fraud. And the beat goes on......

true dat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I wondered that too, T-Bone.

I wondered if it were a contribution towards the expenses of some of the overseas students from Africa.  When I was in rez, I seem to recall that a couple of them (from poor parts of Africa) got "scholarships" - ie, they didn't have to contribute the amount required from in-rez Corps every semester.  Just a waiver of fees - don't know if their airfares, etc, were also paid or contributed to. 

And I do know that some money had been sent to help in Zaire.  How much and how often I have no idea. 

But in any event, we're talking late 90s/early 00s - not right at the start of the ministry.

3 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

It was either Don or George Jess that taught one Sunday evening in Kenyon Hall.  2/3 of the 6th and 8th Corps fell fast asleep.  G Wrenn punished us all in the ensuing days by making us get up at 4:30 to exercise and then work our asses off and then run run run.  Great way to deal with people who fell asleep  - wear them out so they're even more tired.! Your comment about Don's teaching being boring brought that back to me.  Help!!!  I've been TRIGGERED!!!  It seems so bizarre to me now that I was ever in such a thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Page 234 (continued).........

"Both Eddie and Donna Doersam stated that they and the Columbus branch gave their money to be used in the Lord's work for The Way Ministry wherever needed.  Issues kept coming up, and underlying doubts and distrust from certain members of the board surfaced.  The pros and cons were discussed about whether The Way should be engaged in any secular business such as farming or the raising of nutria (fur-bearing animals).  Dr. Wierwille said that the farm had been to the Lord's work and that the business side and spiritual side of the ministry of The Way couldn't be separated because we had to have money to operate with.  One of the members of the board observed that if anyone other than the Wierwilles had given a farm, she felt it would have been gratefully received."

"Several board members thought that the people who give money would like to have a report on where their money went, how it was being used.  H. E. then said that an annual financial statement had always been available to the board and to those who requested copies.  But to allay people's concerns, Ermal Owens suggested that the financial records of the past be audited.  Dr. Wierwille agreed that Ermal Owens's suggestion was good since there was an apparent doubt about the integrity of the Secretary-Treasurer and suggested that a committee be appointed by the board to hire an independent auditor and have the books audited for the annual meeting scheduled in June."

~~~~~~~~~~~

......... Issues kept coming up, and underlying doubts and distrust from certain members of the board surfaced.  Oh My !!

• Upvote 1

On the same day as the letter posted previously on this thread, Wierwille  also wrote a letter to all board members.

• According to its by-laws at the time, the Board of Directors was "a fellowship of all head presbyters of each limb and branch plus such elected directors as the Board of Trustees and International Headquarters deemed necessary."

In 1959, the Board of Directors [on the field] was the equivalent of The Way Corps leadership......except then, the Board gave more input. 

Years later, in the 70's..........the Board of Trustees allowed very little input from the field corps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Way           .   .   . Inc., International

D r.  V i c t o r  P a u l  W i e r w i l l e,     P r e s i d e n t

Branches:  United States,   England,   India

April, 1959

Dear Member of the Board of Directors:

Greetings to you in the precious Name of our living Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  You will be interested in knowing that we are having good spiritual sessions in the Arcadia Group and next week I hope I can interest the Fort Myers believers in the greatness of this ministry.

Having had a couple of weeks now since the Board Meeting has given all of us time to think.  As Founder and President of The Way, I am seriously alarmed at the apparent secret intents and purposes of some which under lay the recent meeting but which did not emerge open and 'above board.'  I am deeply sorry for all of us if such was the case.  It sounds and tastes too much like a 'church board meeting' with which I have a well rounded experience.  The Way Board of Directors must keep their sights spiritually and ethically higher.  Satan is constantly trying to bring to bear his forces of criticism, doubt, questioning the sincerity and honesty of the leaders, etc.  If we give satan a toehold he will soon have a foothold, not only in our lives but manifested in the greatness of the ministry of the Word of God.

Spiritually, and in every other way, THE WAY is set up to do a world job of teaching.  Our incorporation papers, our constitution and our by-laws, were, I believe, guided by the Lord and are as perfect as is possible for humans to set up.  We all know that no organization is better than the people who run it.  I can not vouch for The Way and what it may or may not do or be after I am gone; but so long as I live I will do my utmost to keep it running in the fashion in which it will be a glory to God.

Perhaps if I shared with you the reasons and purposes for the Board we could be overcomers in all things.  You will recall that "The Way setup" has been handed out in both printed and mimeographed form and a copy or copies have been in your possession.  If you have forgotten you may obtain a new copy from Headquarters.  It stipulates that the Board of Directors is 'a fellowship of all head presbyters of each limb and branch plus such elected directors as the Board of Trustees and International Headquarters deem necessary.'  Note first of all, it is 'a fellowship,' meaning all must be in one accord and 'of one mind and one opinion' as the Word says - - all in the same boat rowing or sailing in the same direction.  No one can conscientiously and honestly serve on the Board who would feel or be other wise.

The board is the vital link in a chain between the individuals and groups of The Way, bringing with them into each Board Meeting the best of everything from the groups, communities, and sections of the Country and World which they represent.  The board brings to The Way the spiritual enthusiasm of its members everywhere,  how best to go on to work out the purposes of The Way.  The Board contributes suggestions, plans, programs of procedure, and any other thing they may have which would help the ministry.

The members of the Board of Directors form the representation to and from the people.  Every director should be informed as to the interests, purposes, procedures and desires of The Way ministry.  The directors in turn enthusiastically invigorate the people in their groups and communities.  The directors answer their questions and help them to keep going and growing.

Furthermore, and this is one of the greatest privileges for serving on the Board.  Take as an illustration that the trustees have decided on a course of action for a certain task.  One man or woman on the Board who is qualified and interested should be given this responsibility for its development.  He could be and should be entitled to choose his fellow workers to get that particular job established and done.  In this way, according to our set up, there should be a great activity and cooperation and many things should be accomplished cumulatively through different yet in united activities for the advancement of The Way ministry by the Board of Directors.

On June the 7th will be the Yearly Meeting.  We are not interested in the negatives and doubts, but interested in developing the positive and good, so as to be able to do a better work for the Lord in carrying out the ministry whereunto He has called us and wherein He has privileged us to serve.

I think it is a privilege to serve on the Board of this wonderful Bible ministry.  I trust you think so too.  When we come together for the meeting on the first Sunday in June may you be inspired deeply within yourself to not only represent the people but to represent God in the Board and to bring to bear positive and suggestive materials and information which will help all of us to more effectively and worthily carry out the purposes and intents of The Way ministry world-wide.

The Lord bless you real good!

Sincerely,

In His Service,

VPW/rb                                                                                                                                                                              Victor Paul Wierwille

Edited by skyrider

page 249................

"The year 1959 had been a full schedule of outreach and classes.  The following are the foundational classes on Power for Abundant Living taught in 1959.........."

• January                   Arcadia, FL
  • ...                               Troy, OH
  • February                   Arcadia, FL
  • March                       St. Paris, OH   [Mal George]
  • May                           Piqua, OH
  • June                          Piqua, OH
  • Jun 14-Jul 26          Calgary, Alberta   [2 classes]
  • August                      Columbus, OH
  • October                    Troy, OH
  • November                Jamaica, NY                     

Remodeling at the Farm..............    The wierwille home was remodeled the summer of 1960

"The remodeling was quite radical, as parts of the house were at least one hundred years old.  We jacked up the entire house and dug a complete basement.  We then added the southeast corner on the first floor to become Dr. Wierwille's office with a deck on the second floor.  We added ten feet on the north end of the house, two stories with a full basement.  This made the size of the house adequate for offices as well as living quarters for our family, which temporarily included Uncle Harry."  [p. 251]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

page 252..........  "At the next meeting of the Board of Directors, on February 21, 1960, a few members were absent.  And again at the annual meeting in June these same people did not return or care to be members of the board any longer.  They did not agree with the decisions of the Board of Trustees concerning having the headquarters on the farm."

• Board of Directors = limb & branch leadership
  • In just two years, the field leadership were abandoning wierwille
  • Big schism on decision to move headquarters to the farm and not Troy area

Isn't it interesting......... that CFF is located in Troy, OH and two of the adult wierwille children are involved there?

• Upvote 1

Isn't it interesting......... that CFF is located in Troy, OH and two of the adult wierwille children are involved there?

CFF is located in Tipp City, Ohio. Kevin Guigou (Sara Wierwille Guigou’s husband) is Secretary Treasurer for CFF. 

The Diamond Club.............  "In April 1960 Dr. Wierwille first instituted the Diamond Club.  Dr. Wierwille was looking for seventy-five people who would stand with him, support the ministry, and move the Word as a team.  He wrote, 'An inner circle of true believers could do so much more.  I believe if I could have, by the grace of God, seventy-five individuals or families to join me for one year in THE DIAMOND CLUB, we could do what hundreds thus far just have promised and talked about.  The Diamond Club will be made up of those who really believe in the ministry of The Way and pledge themselves for one year to pray each day for me and the ministry as well as share the first tenth (tithe) of their weekly or monthly checks with The Way for its continuation and growth.'  The Diamond Club never had meetings and received no public attention."  [p. 254]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As support fizzled away from "board of directors" ......limb & branch leaders...... vic was ready to institute another "pledge your money" program.

Only one paragraph and pledge in Mrs. W's book.......and that's it. 

Family Camps...............  "A detailed report of the upcoming camp to be held from August 6 to 13 at the Brethren Retreat Grounds at Lake Shipshewana, Shipshewana, Indiana, was given by our camp director, Mal George.  Again we planned a complete program for adults, youth, and children with housing facilities for 140 people......."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mrs. Wierwille spends a considerable amount of space, 3 pages, detailing camp activity.  In the midst of dissenting opinions and many exiting, it looks as though summer camps were some of her fondest memories. 

Yep, there's that August 6-13 summer camp..............forerunner to roa concept?

6 hours ago, skyrider said:

"Dr. Wierwille so very much desired to see the people who had left us come back, though I don't remember one who actually did return to the ministry." [p. 257]

I can see wierwille’s little money grubbing fingers always twitching for resources to plunder - “ maybe I’ll look into how to hijack the Jesus movement “

don’t know in your timeline where that would fit in. just thinking :evildenk:

Edited by T-Bone
Typos

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

I can see wierwille’s little money grubbing fingers always twitching for resources to plunder - “ maybe I look into how to hijack the Jesus movement “

don’t know in your timeline where that would fit in. just thinking :evildenk:

Probably would have showed up a few years later........since wierwille was too busy trying to keep things going and get moved over to the Wierwille family farm.

Mrs. Wierwille's book only covers to February 2, 1961...........the move to Ohio, the wierwille homestead.

"The following is the listing of Foundational Classes in 1960......."  [p. 261]

• January                      Poynton, Cheshire, England
  • February                     The Netherlands
  •  "....                              Covington, OH
  • May                             Napoleon, OH
  • July                             Arcadia, FL
  • September                 Grand Rapids, OH
  • October                      McClure, OH
  • November                  Springfield, OH

..................  "In November, Dr. Wierwille also taught an Advanced Class in Troy, Ohio.  The New Year's Retreat on January 1 to 3, 1961, was again held at Mote Park Recreation Center, Piqua, Ohio, with David du Plessis as our guest.  Having just returned from a meeting of Pentecostals in Geneva, Switzerland, Brother du Plessis could give accounts of the mighty moving of God's spirit worldwide."  [p. 261]

There it is again.................Troy and Piqua.

That's why when some of these leaders dissented......it needed damage control, even back then.

"Dr. Wierwille read letters from various grads telling of how God had blessed them financially, physically, and spiritually since they had taken the Power for Abundant Living class.   He also read the following findings concerning an adult human's memory, which concept became more deeply rooted in his teaching techniques."

• "It is a fact that for any given impression which the minds of one hundred people receive, twenty-five forget at the end of twenty-four hours, fifty have forgotten at the end of the second day, and only fifteen remember it four days later, and in sixteen days, practically everyone has forgotten it.  Sixty-two percent of the acceptance of all ideas comes after the sixth time they are presented; so it takes repetition, repetition, and repetition."        [p. 261]

............................In 1961, wierwille used constant repetition to beat the common sense schitt out of you......indoctrinate his followers.