GreaseSpot Cafe

The Wierwille Legacy: Who Will Write The Book?

skyrider

5 hours ago, Twinky said:

Wow.  This 2017-2019 thread... is virtually word for word on the new late 2022 threads "Wierwille's Doctorate"  and "Dr's Last Teaching."

Everybody just says the same thing.  I re-read the first 7 pages (of 24) on this thread - nothing new for or from anybody.  You could say we're all consistent in what we now think.

I saw the same thing in the same page on which you posted this observation, just a click to page left.

Edited by Mike

15 hours ago, Twinky said:

Wow.  This 2017-2019 thread... is virtually word for word on the new late 2022 threads "Wierwille's Doctorate"  and "Dr's Last Teaching."

Everybody just says the same thing.  I re-read the first 7 pages (of 24) on this thread - nothing new for or from anybody.  You could say we're all consistent in what we now think.

Those of us who exited twi, AND have now done extensive background research on the cult (as opposed to being carried away by youthful groupthink and peer pressure).....maintain strong convictions of the manipulation and exploitation from the cult.  It is my belief that most will recognize the early warning signs of an abusive relationship, sound the alarm for others and stay away.

Many of us were deeply entrenched in the programs and networking of this cult.  Whether it was WOW, Fellow Laborers, or Way Corps.....we saw the underpinnings that were non-Christian or pseudo-Christian, at best.  The higher up the hierarchy, the more Pharisaic the cult's colors show thru.  And, when wierwille enters the spotlight of Scriptural scrutiny, the drunkenness, serial plagiarism, bullying, striker, sexual predation, misogynic undertones, etc.....put him in the category of a man of the flesh.

While there are still some who idolize wierwille, and post on GSC......their drumbeating of "this great man" is falling on deaf ears.  As adults, we've moved on to the weightier matters of Scriptural integrity....or pursuits in life, career and family that give fulfillment.  We see thru twi's deceptive scam that is played on the youth.  We stay true to our own personal convictions and a core of GSC-posters stay committed to warning others of this evil that lurks near the flock of God.

God bless.  Happy New Year 2023.

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Those of us who exited twi, AND have now done extensive background research on the cult (as opposed to being carried away by youthful groupthink and peer pressure).....maintain strong convictions of the manipulation and exploitation from the cult.  It is my belief that most will recognize the early warning signs of an abusive relationship, sound the alarm for others and stay away.

Many of us were deeply entrenched in the programs and networking of this cult.  Whether it was WOW, Fellow Laborers, or Way Corps.....we saw the underpinnings that were non-Christian or pseudo-Christian, at best.  The higher up the hierarchy, the more Pharisaic the cult's colors show thru.  And, when wierwille enters the spotlight of Scriptural scrutiny, the drunkenness, serial plagiarism, bullying, striker, sexual predation, misogynic undertones, etc.....put him in the category of a man of the flesh.

While there are still some who idolize wierwille, and post on GSC......their drumbeating of "this great man" is falling on deaf ears.  As adults, we've moved on to the weightier matters of Scriptural integrity....or pursuits in life, career and family that give fulfillment.  We see thru twi's deceptive scam that is played on the youth.  We stay true to our own personal convictions and a core of GSC-posters stay committed to warning others of this evil that lurks near the flock of God.

Happy New Year brother.  Peace and love to your family.

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

Whats happening, great post! Happy New year too my friend! And hey...we dont have to do a corny @$$ new years eve fellowship to celebrate wierwilles birthday and pray in the new year....lol...Im all for prayer but...yeah

Thanks guys….. life is good, all is well.

It’s good to see GSC continuing to sound the alarm as we move into the 2023 new year.  Even though twi tries to guilt advanced class grads and corps to *come back to leadership roles*…. that horse don’t ride anymore.  GSC’s impact has traveled FAR and WIDE.

All who’ve contributed to this effort….I raise my glass in salute to you.  We are on the right side of this, while twi hides in the shadows of evil.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Thanks guys….. life is good, all is well.

It’s good to see GSC continuing to sound the alarm as we move into the 2023 new year.  Even though twi tries to guilt advanced class grads and corps to *come back to leadership roles*…. that horse don’t ride anymore.  GSC’s impact has traveled FAR and WIDE.

All who’ve contributed to this effort….I raise my glass in salute to you.  We are on the right side of this, while twi hides in the shadows of evil.

This rhetoric disturbs me.

GSC does what?  It's the internet.  Innocents are always punished.

These websites have no control over where the bullets strike.

How on earth can victory or progress be calculated?

42 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

This rhetoric disturbs me.

GSC does what?  It's the internet.  Innocents are always punished.

These websites have no control over where the bullets strike.

How on earth can victory or progress be calculated?

I can't exactly answer for Skyrider, but GSC is comprised of input from active members...so I think he means he's glad to see we are still making viable contributions to the stated purpose of GSC vs GSC bring an entity capable of independent action of its own volition, and by design or inadvertantly punishing innocents.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I can't exactly answer for Skyrider, but GSC is comprised of input from active members...so I think he means he's glad to see we are still making viable contributions to the stated purpose of GSC vs GSC bring an entity capable of independent action of its own volition, and by design or inadvertantly punishing innocents.

I can remember a time before the internet was prominent.

The arguments that TWI is wrong were always present.  VPW was never present.

The FOG years were not caused by the internet.  The greatest decline TWI proper participation.  No internet needed.  People were capable back then to think about what they value, and choose.

When people outside TWI get tired of arguing with adults they target children.  There's a burden placed on some that the internet circumnavigates.  The argument is displaced away from those causing the problem onto the rest of us.

It remains that the internet is a way to punt responsibility away from decision makers.

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

When people outside TWI get tired of arguing with adults they target children.  There's a burden placed on some that the internet circumnavigates.  The argument is displaced away from those causing the problem onto the rest of us.

I can certainly see that as an issue for individual as you describe, people who are lame enough to take a run at kids cause they cant handle the adults. Weak.

If it wasn't for sites like GSC, Waydale, John Jeudes various sites, etc, I likely would have wound up another version of Linder or worse Lomax...I guess I see the internet as a mode of communication that easilt reflects the intent of those who communicate. In your case sounds like some chumps decided to bully you in your fomative years...lame.

With the internet being *the information highway*...... we are able to relay this information, and dispel twi's misinformation (deception) for anyone who wants to partake.  Why does twi WARN THEIR PEOPLE TO STAY OFF THE INTERNET?

As corps (who were indoctrinated with lies).... we were repeatedly told twi's history and falsehoods.  Then, the most adamant sycophants (loudmouths) went on to leadership positions, ie region coordinators.  Yet, how many lies/falsehoods have we uncovered...

• Wierwille's false proclamation of when twi started  (not in 1942, but December 1957).
  • Pikes Peak degree-mill operation
  • Wierwille stole wholesale B.G. Leonard's "Gifts of the Spirit" class (1953)
  • Documented many accounts of vpw's serial plagiarism.
  • Flaws/blunders taught in pfal.
  • Flaws/blunders in building the auditorium.
  • Deception, manipulation, and exploitation of corps program.
  • Picking martindale because he ALWAYS obeyed vp (wrong criteria for picking leader)
  • Wierwille's character of bully, striker, impatient, intemperate come forward.
  • Wierwille's death certificate is examined (another thing twi tried to hide).
  • Etc. etc.

Practical, common sense critical thinking analysis on all of these threads.  Far from wayspeak.... this is the KIND OF INFORMATION THAT SETS PEOPLE FREE FROM INDOCTRINATION.

Peace.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, skyrider said:

Bravo!

13 hours ago, skyrider said:

God bless.  Happy New Year 2023

Back at you, Skyrider! 

On 12/31/2022 at 3:51 PM, OldSkool said:

I can certainly see that as an issue for individual as you describe, people who are lame enough to take a run at kids cause they cant handle the adults. Weak.

If it wasn't for sites like GSC, Waydale, John Jeudes various sites, etc, I likely would have wound up another version of Linder or worse Lomax...I guess I see the internet as a mode of communication that easilt reflects the intent of those who communicate. In your case sounds like some chumps decided to bully you in your fomative years...lame.

I think we both still know people involved in The Way.  

Part of my point is it is impossible those involved to not know items posted here.

I can remember decades ago people would pass around typed letters, to communicate.  People walking up to me in parking lots because they saw a bumper sticker.  Sitting on the floor in TWIG you hear things.

I really give you more credit than needing the internet to put things together.

On 12/31/2022 at 3:58 PM, skyrider said:

With the internet being *the information highway*...... we are able to relay this information, and dispel twi's misinformation (deception) for anyone who wants to partake.  Why does twi WARN THEIR PEOPLE TO STAY OFF THE INTERNET?

As corps (who were indoctrinated with lies).... we were repeatedly told twi's history and falsehoods.  Then, the most adamant sycophants (loudmouths) went on to leadership positions, ie region coordinators.  Yet, how many lies/falsehoods have we uncovered...

• Wierwille's false proclamation of when twi started  (not in 1942, but December 1957).
  • Pikes Peak degree-mill operation
  • Wierwille stole wholesale B.G. Leonard's "Gifts of the Spirit" class (1953)
  • Documented many accounts of vpw's serial plagiarism.
  • Flaws/blunders taught in pfal.
  • Flaws/blunders in building the auditorium.
  • Deception, manipulation, and exploitation of corps program.
  • Picking martindale because he ALWAYS obeyed vp (wrong criteria for picking leader)
  • Wierwille's character of bully, striker, impatient, intemperate come forward.
  • Wierwille's death certificate is examined (another thing twi tried to hide).
  • Etc. etc.

Practical, common sense critical thinking analysis on all of these threads.  Far from wayspeak.... this is the KIND OF INFORMATION THAT SETS PEOPLE FREE FROM INDOCTRINATION.

Peace.

I often point to the open use of the wooden spoon, was everyone blind?   If people need the internet to figure out right from wrong, we should fear the future.

12 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

really give you more credit than needing the internet to put things together

It would be misplaced. I was so brainwashed it took much to get me to wake up. I was a zealot at one point.

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

It would be misplaced. I was so brainwashed it took much to get me to wake up. I was a zealot at one point.

I stayed in because that was my family and you can't change that.  The arguments were just always there.  

When I became a parent is when my tolerance ended.

1 minute ago, Bolshevik said:

I stayed in because that was my family and you can't change that.  The arguments were just always there.  

When I became a parent is when my tolerance ended.

Yeah. Smart. My son changed everything for me in that regard as well.