GreaseSpot Cafe

WHAT - - all electronics wiped out ?!?! Yikes !!!

T-Bone

At the moment, my microwave /small fan oven has failed - the Start button doesn't work any more.  Worn out, I think.

It's surprising how many times I want to use the oven - to cook conventionally, to mwave food, or simply to soften some butter.  How easily we become reliant on technology.

With an enormous power outage, practically everything everywhere would stop.  No electricity for street lights and home appliances.  No ATMs, no fuel pumps.  How long would hospital generators continue to work?  No info from satellites!

No info from satellites? Wow!  No media! Just think about all the out-of-work celebs there would be!

yeah my mind freaked seeing on the news some folks in Puerto Rico fortunate enough to have generators stand in line for gas.

what would concern me...and I've wondered about this before with city-folk like myself - is the challenge to try an maintain some decent reliable level of hygiene / sanitation...I mean no running water, no working toilets...what a mess...and on top of that I'd have to make do without Netflix, Hulu, and HBO !

Edited by T-Bone
clarity

18 hours ago, T-Bone said:

What if some great cosmic event knocked out all electronics – what would you do?

Six cosmic events that would wipe out our planet

At least six cults could be started around these concepts.

And if the power did go out, there would be no internet access, and the cults would become unstoppable.

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

At least six cults could be started around these concepts.

And if the power did go out, there would be no internet access, and the cults would become unstoppable.

maybe they've already started - doomsday preppers :biglaugh:

Are doomsday preppers a cult ? 

On 11/28/2017 at 7:00 PM, T-Bone said:

maybe they've already started - doomsday preppers :biglaugh:

Are doomsday preppers a cult ? 

T-Bone, wow!!  Thanks for the link.  I don't think I am interested in being in another cult; one was enough to last me a lifetime.  If the world should come to an end, I probably will die, and then meet God.  I am not going to worry about it; que sera, sera.

43 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

T-Bone, wow!!  Thanks for the link.  I don't think I am interested in being in another cult; one was enough to last me a lifetime.  If the world should come to an end, I probably will die, and then meet God.  I am not going to worry about it; que sera, sera.

The only thing that would bother me is that I bought extended warranties on a bunch of stuff:biglaugh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1