GreaseSpot Cafe

I'll probably be called a liar

Akhurnu

I've done this before, here on these forums. Many years ago. I was called a liar and probably will be again (I left, obviously. Only one person stuck up for me), but I desire to recover all of my memories. After all, how can I really heal when I don't know exactly what I'm healing from? I won't go into detail here, since we're only introducing ourselves. I was taken to Camp Gunnison at least once, possibly several times between 1982-1985. I would have been 7-10 years old. My father took us without my mother's knowledge. I will just say that terrible things happened to me there. One of the men involved had these old-fashioned glasses that took up half of his face. We stayed in the main lodge or something like that. I remember bunkbeds and walking through a hallway to get to our room. I remember the light cast a sickly yellow glow. I also remember a woman with lighter, blonde hair, shoulder length. I have other memories, but I'm not willing to write of them, yet. For now, hello. I'm here. And just looking for answers.

Hello Akhurno!  Y'already got a coffee, so draw up a chair and veg out for a while, till you feel comfortable with the clientele.  Some people bring their soap boxes, and others just throw buns at those standing on the soap boxes.  If anyone calls you a liar, consider squishing them with a cream cake.

• Upvote 1

Hi Akhurnu,

Welcome to Grease Spot I’m glad you’re here…I hope you stick around awhile and hope you find some answers…share as much or as little as you feel comfortable in doing so  – and I always give folks the benefit of a doubt -going by the golden rule  in cyber space: I try to be as accurate and honest as I can and expect others to do the same…so don’t expect  me to call you a liar.

Have a cup of cappuccino on me

italian-cappuccino-coffee_large.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2017 at 5:38 PM, Akhurnu said:

I've done this before, here on these forums. Many years ago. I was called a liar and probably will be again (I left, obviously. Only one person stuck up for me), but I desire to recover all of my memories. After all, how can I really heal when I don't know exactly what I'm healing from? I won't go into detail here, since we're only introducing ourselves. I was taken to Camp Gunnison at least once, possibly several times between 1982-1985. I would have been 7-10 years old. My father took us without my mother's knowledge. I will just say that terrible things happened to me there. One of the men involved had these old-fashioned glasses that took up half of his face. We stayed in the main lodge or something like that. I remember bunkbeds and walking through a hallway to get to our room. I remember the light cast a sickly yellow glow. I also remember a woman with lighter, blonde hair, shoulder length. I have other memories, but I'm not willing to write of them, yet. For now, hello. I'm here. And just looking for answers.

Akhurnu, hello!  I am so sorry to hear that "terrible things happened to you", in Gunnison.  You can share as little, or as much as you want here.  Trust me Honey, some of us here at the GSC, will understand what you are going through.  But, please get professional help; I know it works.  A lot of "terrible things" happened to me decades ago, and so am still dealing with them.  Bless you Akhurnu, and thanks for sharing your story.

Welcome Akhurnu! You are safe to share whatever you wish here at the GSC. The truth and facts will always "come out in the wash" here at the Spot. You'll have no problems with truthful and factual sharing of any kind. You WILL get answers. Guaranteed! You'll also get the support and encouragement to effectively and healthily deal with the answers you get. Whatever you experienced is VALUABLE to help others who may be experiencing their own dark holes of questions and confusion due to previous TWIt experiences. Take your time. Your comfort is just that.....YOUR'S. You are safe and free to honestly tell your truth here......or not. Whenever you're ready. Take your time and enjoy the ambience here for a while. Relax and soak up some of the peace-blend espresso with a good piece of fruit pie!  

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Grace. Don't worry, I've been getting professional help for over twenty years. Terrible things, unfortunately, can be buried very deeply. Interestingly enough, I was looking through internet photos, trying to see what would ring a bell. There's a photo of VPW with a group of followers. Behind them is a line of other people. Most of the faces are blurred, but though the photo is grainy and his face is small, I'm almost positive my father is in that photo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Akhurnu said:

Thank you, Grace. Don't worry, I've been getting professional help for over twenty years. Terrible things, unfortunately, can be buried very deeply. Interestingly enough, I was looking through internet photos, trying to see what would ring a bell. There's a photo of VPW with a group of followers. Behind them is a line of other people. Most of the faces are blurred, but though the photo is grainy and his face is small, I'm almost positive my father is in that photo.

Akhurnu, I am so happy that you are getting "help" for your issues.  I am, and it really helps a lot. If that is your father in the photo, is that good, or bad?  Or is that something you would rather not share?  I share quite a bit about my life here at the GSC, but that's me. Thank God not everyone is like me; many of the people here, know much about TWI than I did/do.:wave: