GreaseSpot Cafe

Is PLAF theopneustos, god-breathed?

So_crates

Nope. Plagarised material from Bullinger, Kenyon, Ruben Archer Torrey, Pillai, Lamsa, etc. by a drunk/alcoholic, defrocked pastor who was too horny with woman, narsisisitic, bully, crybaby snowflake(but no blizzards unless Dairy Queen). Had parental problems with his father. Need I say more? Oh a poor student including college and seminary.

If pfal was supposedly "theo pneustos" ("God-breathed"), then it would be required to conform to the characteristics of "God-breathed" as defined in pfal itself.Ā  The most obvious property it would have to have would be it would be FREE OF ERRORS.Ā 

We've discussed LISTS of errors in the material before.Ā  We carried on active, lively discourses on multiple sides of several issues, and got places. Naturally, the one person who claims it IS-Mike- has categorically REFUSED to discuss ANY of the OBVIOUS ERRORS in pfal.Ā  What he did do was refuse to discuss them, claim he had answers and offer varieties of excuse why he would not offer even one, and when someone made a point that made it look like a single error in the stack might not be an error, Mike declared victory and said he knew it all along, taking credit for someone else's work. \

My favorite "it's technically impossible for this NOT to be an error" was when a statement was declared true in the Foundational and its opposite declared true in the Intermediate.

I wonder if fundamentalists will ever be able to view "God inspired" as something other than that which would send them on a scavenger hunt for like-fitting puzzle pieces so they can sit in their safe little room and amuse themselves by trying to solve puzzles with their minds.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, So_crates said:

Take her away Mike.

Yikes!Ā  I'll spread my self thin.

One of the other reasons I was staying on one thread is because thereā€™s just too much for me to keep track of hopping around like this. I wasnā€™t even close to answering (and neatly refuting) all the false charges, mis-readings, and lacks of understanding. I must have touched a nerve there, and I was waiting on the flurry of posts to calm down. I quickly read some posts and missed a few others. Should I abandon them?

Iā€™m tempted to, because this topic is very close to my heart.

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

One of the other reasons I was staying on one thread is because thereā€™s just too much for me to keep track of hopping around like this. I wasnā€™t even close to answering (and neatly refuting) all the false charges, mis-readings, and lacks of understanding. I must have touched a nerve there, and I was waiting on the flurry of posts to calm down. I quickly read some posts and missed a few others. Should I abandon them?

Ā 

Not so fast there, Mike...instead of your typical ploy to turn the tables - it's obvious to many of us here that our accurate dissection of wierwille-centered-doctrine has touched a nerve with you...

so I recommend you go back to the wierwille legacy: who will write the book? thread and answer the ton of questions and challenges folks have already put to you. You have not even remotely come close to answering or refuting the abundance of facts / evidence that reveal the shyster known as wierwille.

Edited by T-Bone
details

16 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Not so fast there, Mike...instead of your typical ploy to turn the tables - it's obvious to many of us here that our accurate dissection of wierwille-centered-doctrine has touched a nerve with you...

so I recommend you go back to the wierwille legacy: who will write the book? thread and answer the ton of questions and challenges folks have already put to you. You have not even remotely come close to answering or refuting the abundance of facts / evidence that reveal the shyster known as wierwille.

T-Bone, I respect your intellectual vigor and mostly enjoy your posts. But on this I'm wondering why you find any value in Mike's vain babblings?

Ā 

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ā 

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, my saying "I touched a nerve" has touched a nerve?

No ā€“ Iā€™m saying you have a lot of nerve using reverse psychologyĀ  :biglaugh:ā€¦you say stuff like this to get a certain reaction and you hope folks will fall for the bait instead of seeing that youā€™re being manipulative, playing a game of diverting folks attention from what appears to me to be your inability to intelligently respond to direct questionsā€¦.so hereā€™s more direct questions for you ā€“ per your previous post:

Specifically what are the false charges?Ā Ā Ā  You referred to them as ALL the false charges. Therefore you must have been keeping a listā€¦so list them please.

Specifically what are the miss-readings?

Specifically what are the ā€œlacks of understandingā€ ?

22 minutes ago, Rocky said:

T-Bone, I respect your intellectual vigor and mostly enjoy your posts. But on this I'm wondering why you find any value in Mike's vain babblings?

It's not really a matter of finding any value in what Mike saysā€¦and I am aware of his ā€œbaitā€ tactic as you so eloquently pointed out on the legacy/who writes the book threadā€¦I use Mikeā€™s ultra-wierwille-centric monologues as a springboard that lends impetus to critical thinkingā€¦as Iā€™ve said on other threads ā€“ I post in the hope that newcomers to Grease Spot and those still in TWI will mull over the way folks dissect the twisted and distorted doctrine and practice of TWI and all things wierwilleā€¦I think DWBH also said something along those lines on the legacy/who writes the book thread.

Some folks like watching surgical operations on TV, like my wifeā€¦.not me ā€“ Iā€™m squeamishā€¦but I do enjoy reading comments of folks with critical thinking in high gearā€¦which lately in my humble opinion has been folks OTHER THAN MIKE on the legacy/who writes the book thread.

16 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Ā 

Ā 

No ā€“ Iā€™m saying you have a lot of nerve using reverse psychologyĀ  :biglaugh:ā€¦you say stuff like this to get a certain reaction and you hope folks will fall for the bait instead of seeing that youā€™re being manipulative, playing a game of diverting folks attention from what appears to me to be your inability to intelligently respond to direct questionsā€¦.so hereā€™s more direct questions for you ā€“ per your previous post:

Specifically what are the false charges?Ā Ā Ā  You referred to them as ALL the false charges. Therefore you must have been keeping a listā€¦so list them please.

Specifically what are the miss-readings?

Specifically what are the ā€œlacks of understandingā€ ?

Of course you don't really expect him to answer your questions, do you?

Not only does he bait GSC readers, but he is really adept at passive-aggressive behavior. When called out on making claims without supporting them with any kind of argument, does he ever respond to them? Has he ever said, "okay, I see your point, let me clarify?"

Passive-aggressive and disingenuous. If he really had a point of view on the legitimacy of PFLAP, wouldn't he acknowledge those who it point out and present something to back up his claims?

3 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

It's not really a matter of finding any value in what Mike saysā€¦and I am aware of his ā€œbaitā€ tactic as you so eloquently pointed out on the legacy/who writes the book threadā€¦I use Mikeā€™s ultra-wierwille-centric monologues as a springboard that lends impetus to critical thinkingā€¦as Iā€™ve said on other threads ā€“ I post in the hope that newcomers to Grease Spot and those still in TWI will mull over the way folks dissect the twisted and distorted doctrine and practice of TWI and all things wierwilleā€¦I think DWBH also said something along those lines on the legacy/who writes the book thread.

Some folks like watching surgical operations on TV, like my wifeā€¦.not me ā€“ Iā€™m squeamishā€¦but I do enjoy reading comments of folks with critical thinking in high gearā€¦which lately in my humble opinion has been folks OTHER THAN MIKE on the legacy/who writes the book thread.

Good points.

9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Of course you don't really expect him to answer your questions, do you?

Not only does he bait GSC readers, but he is really adept at passive-aggressive behavior. When called out on making claims without supporting them with any kind of argument, does he ever respond to them? Has he ever said, "okay, I see your point, let me clarify?"

Passive-aggressive and disingenuous. If he really had a point of view on the legitimacy of PFLAP, wouldn't he acknowledge those who it point out and present something to back up his claims?

No I donā€™t

Someone here once talked about devoted TWI-followers as being like the Borg with the hive-mind and that ā€œresistance is futileā€ argumentative attitudeā€¦wonder what life would be like for a single Borg disconnected from the hive-mind.

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, my saying "I touched a nerve" has touched a nerve?

You didn't touch a nerve.

Someone asked you for your proof in Who will write the book. Your response was to question whether or not you need to start another thread. Rather than wait for you toĀ get around to it (which I doubt you ever will) I shortcutted the process.

I'm calling you out: You claim PLAF is God-breathe, prove it.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

...I wasnā€™t even close to answering ... all the false charges, mis-readings, and lacks of understanding.

No, you bloody well weren't, despite many many requests for answers.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

...(and neatly refuting) ...

Wouldn't mind if you could actually refute anything - whether neatly or not.Ā  But that would require actually addressing something that had been said.

4 minutes ago, So_crates said:

I'm calling you [Mike] out: You claim PLAF is God-breathed, prove it.

Yep, So_crates.Ā  You've asked just one question.Ā  Let's see just one answer.

21 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

No I donā€™t

Someone here once talked about devoted TWI-followers as being like the Borg with the hive-mind and that ā€œresistance is futileā€ argumentative attitudeā€¦wonder what life would be like for a single Borg disconnected from the hive-mind.

Didn't that happen to Seven of Nine?

13 minutes ago, So_crates said:

I'm calling you out: You claim PLAF is God-breathe, prove it.

While it might not be possible to prove it (kinda like proving the existence of God), it's entirely reasonable to demand that Mike at least make an argument to support his claim thereof.

• modcat5 changed the title to Is PLAF theopneustos, god-breathed?