GreaseSpot Cafe

Is PLAF theopneustos, god-breathed?

So_crates

25 minutes ago, So_crates said:

No, your not tracking what both Waysider and I are saying.

Me: Saint Vic couldn't have recieved divinely inspired material as he was out of fellowship and never got back in as he never repented.

When it comes to collecting ALL the private data on VPW's actions, both good and bad.....

I would not trust anything you or anyone here could put together. I firmly believe no one can do that.

Even if you could get all the private data, I would not trust anyone but God to do the judging as to who gets what.

If you want to think you have a handle on the sin and spirituality of some other person, there are plenty of sin oriented churches that would receive your assessments. I do not.

Waysider: It's your opinion that these phrases are Saint Vic claiming he was giving us divinely inspired material
There is nothing in which you showed us to suggest Saint Vic is saying this is divinely inspired, just an opinion and an attempt to read between lines.

That's waysider's opinion, but it's wrong, IMO.

This is a relatively simple proof I'm giving here. The 3 sledgehammer statements should have convinced you that VPW was totally into the idea that his final written teaching of what God was teaching him was NECESSARILY going to be God-breathed, as per PFAL page 83.

After the 3 sledgehammers, all these other 19 statements are ADMITTEDLY not in the sledgehammer category, but they do add to the weight of the 3 sledgehammers.

Mike in red

My response in black

When it comes to collecting ALL the private data on VPW's actions, both good and bad.....

I would not trust anything you or anyone here could put together. I firmly believe no one can do that.

Even if you could get all the private data, I would not trust anyone but God to do the judging as to who gets what.

If you want to think you have a handle on the sin and spirituality of some other person, there are plenty of sin oriented churches that would receive your assessments. I do not.

Well, if that's the case, how do you know God's not working in me to warn people about Saint Vic?

For somebody who wants to tell others not to judge, you sure judged that pretty fast.

Uh-oh, there you go judging again.

This is a relatively simple proof I'm giving here. The 3 sledgehammer statements should have convinced you that VPW was totally into the idea that his final written teaching of what God was teaching him was NECESSARILY going to be God-breathed, as per PFAL page 83.

After the 3 sledgehammers, all these other 19 statements are ADMITTEDLY not in the sledgehammer category, but they do add to the weight of the 3 sledgehammers.

First off, its not proof its an opinion. 

Proof would move the needle closer to the T column of the truth table. In other words, proof are statements that can be proven.

All this does is state something that may or may not be true, as they're something that can't be proven.

Once again, rather than refering to Saint Vic's writings, you should be refering to God's.

Edited by So_crates

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Absolute nonsense. Wierwille being "totally into" something doesn't prove anything.There're not sledgehammer statements. What the heck is a sledgehammer statement anyway?

Suppose I told you that in session #3 I saw VPW scratch the right side of his nose 3 times in the first 3 minutes. Right side (side of blessing), 3 times 3 times 3 (completely complete) Bingo! Praise God! It's revelation! (Or maybe it's a sledgehammer. The choice is yours.)

50 minutes ago, waysider said:

Absolute nonsense. Wierwille being "totally into" something doesn't prove anything.There're not sledgehammer statements. What the heck is a sledgehammer statement anyway?

I named the first 3 "thus saith the Lord" posted here the sledgehammer statements.

They're up front and obvious VPW that is saying something very strong. Please go back and read them in their fullness. 

Abbreviated they are (1) every word I have written to you is true, (2) if you think this is just VP Wierwille writing you'll never receive the fullness, (3) not all that Wierwille writes will necessarily be God-breathed.

Edited by Mike

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm having trouble understanding the device you refer to.

I also wanted to ask you for more info on the idea of people needing stories. It seems related to some science issues I've been working on.

Ask Google. I already gave you links to get started. I'm not a university professor.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I named the first 3 "thus saith the Lord" posted here the sledgehammer statements.

They're up front and obvious VPW that is saying something very strong. Please go back and read them in their fullness. 

Abbreviated they are (1) every word I have written to you is true, (2) if you think this is just VP Wierwille writing you'll never receive the fullness, (3) not all that Wierwille writes will necessarily be God-breathed.

Mike, what distinguished Dictor's words from any other snake oil salesman? Just because he said he was telling you something that he believed was god-breathed, doesn't make it so. Any two-bit preacher can (and it's a safe assumption that many did) make similar claims.

I get that you are presenting your claims in the form of logical arguments, but it's abundantly clear that you're not a logician.

48 minutes ago, Raf said:

If PFAL were god-breathed it would conform to its own definition of God breathed, containing no errors or contradictions.

It contains errors and contradictions.

End of discussion.

Missing parenthesis in the discussion:

The judgement of it containing errors was done using methods I disprove of.

I call the detected errors that come from a faulty research machine "Apparent Errors." as opposed to actual, real errors.

There are principles and tools we were taught in PFAL that were useful in dealing with a highly flawed document such as the KJV. The KJV is many years and many handlers far-removed from the originals. One such principle is the assumption that the originals were perfect.

The printed PFAL collateral books we got are much closer in years and accuracy to the "originals" as they were being process for printing. There were a few printing and proofreading errors. Some were fixed before VPW's death, some were not.

The apparent errors are not well researched with the attitudes and expectations  I have seen here.  I have had time to research a few. I want to get to them someday here. I offered once, but no takers, and got far removed from it.

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Just because he said he was telling you something that he believed was god-breathed, doesn't make it so.

I agree. I have stated the same several times.

Right now I'm only trying to prove two little things:

(1) I got my thesis from VPW's words. He stated many times that he was giving us the pure stuff. It's not really MY thesis but his.

(2) We all missed these statements. He hid them right under our noses.

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Abbreviated they are (1) every word I have written to you is true,

True is often used as a colloquialism for factually accurate. If I say the fact she wore a red dress is true, that's not making a spiritual statement, that affirming the imformation is factual. The context is accepting Christ and renewing your mind, then you will find evry word is true, or factual.

(2) if you think this is just VP Wierwille writing you'll never receive the fullness,

Your whole argument hinges on the "or speaking" phrase. Why is it there? How about the book was transcribed?

(3) not all that Wierwille writes will necessarily be God-breathed.

Here Saint Vic is encouraging us to search the scriptures, not PLAF

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

Missing parenthesis in the discussion:

The judgement of it containing errors was done using methods I disprove of.

Mike, in MIT there's an electron microscope that can see down to a subatomic level. If you had that microscope, you still couldn't see how little I care about what you disapprove of. Who says you get to pick the methods for determining errors?

I call the detected errors that come from a faulty research machine "Apparent Errors." as opposed to actual, real errors.

There are principles and tools we were taught in PFAL that were useful in dealing with a highly flawed document such as the KJV. The KJV is many years and many handlers far-removed from the originals. One such principle is the assumption that the originals were perfect.

The printed PFAL collateral books we got are much closer in years and accuracy to the "originals" as they were being process for printing. There were a few printing and proofreading errors. Some were fixed before VPW's death, some were not.

The apparent errors are not well researched with the attitudes and expectations  I have seen here.  I have had time to research a few. I want to get to them someday here. I offered once, but no takers, and got far removed from it.

You've researched it so well, that's why you haven't been prepared for some of the questions you were asked, right?

Edited by So_crates

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

(1) I got my thesis from VPW's words. He stated many times that he was giving us the pure stuff. It's not really MY thesis but his.

He hid them? Nonsense. He made claims that any two-bit con man can and has made millions of times over the last two millenia.

If you're going to make a case that anything Dictor said or (had someone else write) wrote was god-breathed, you've got a LONG way to go. And the case will not be made simply by showing that he claimed his own words were god-breathed.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

He hid them?  Why?

You hide things you don't want people to know. Like how Saint Vic hid the rapings and all the boozing.

Why would he hide this? Christians are no longer persecuted. So there was no reason to hide them. 

Edited by So_crates

"...Learn how to distinguish truth from error..."

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

28 minutes ago, Rocky said:

He hid them? Nonsense.

If this is news to you, please go back and see.

I have documented HOW he hid them for each of the 7 posted so far.

In a nutshell: when I tell any grad (not just here) that VPW said PFAL was God-breathed they say I'm crazy, and that I pulled that idea out of my hat or some orifice. 

When I tell people of the 22 "thus saith the Lord" statements of VPW they say they don't believe me. That's because VPW actually HID them in there.  They are hidden in plain sight.

If no body knows what I am talking about when I say VPW stated 22 times that PFAL is God-breathed then that means the 22 statements were hidden from them.

They were hidden from me until someone showed me a few in 1998.  Which is odd, because I knew about 2 of the 3 sledgehammers, yet didn't connect the dots. I even toyed with AUDIO pfal being God-breathed, but it NEVER occurred to me to think written PFAL.

Edited by Mike

Can anyone tell me dictor paul's scriptural position on the word "Covfefe"? What is the true meaning of that word?? Mike's textual criticism, and use of the basic dictor "keys to research", is as made up as "Covfefe" and equally as meaningful. When one decides that he/she is indisputably right based on words, phrases, and cliches which are self-invented, and self-defined, and unintelligible to anyone else in the real world, that one would be accurately diagnosed as "delusional", or "schizoaffectively dysfunctional". NO argument is considered by such self-deluded totalist "thought". You are simply arguing semantics with a madman who lives in his own reality and dreams he has insight into a world-shattering "revelation" entirely of his own making and definition.

Again, arguing with such disjointed, delusional, self-defined illogic and garbage-in/garbage-out incoherence, is like "administering medicine to the dead". As long as there is a response, Mike will continue to drag out every last ounce of his insane self-delusion, make up new words and phrases with meanings known only to Mike and a dead drunk serial rapist and Nazi rotting in some waterlogged shrine in OH. That is why I try not to post on any thread Mike craps on. However, sometimes his insane diatribe and abject bullshit become unbearable to the point of comment. By now, we should ALL know better than to try and engage Mike in rational, factual, non-delusional dialogue regarding ANYTHING of seriousness or social value. At least we give this whacko an audience. Hopefully, that will help avoid a true psychotic break so folks in San Diego won't have to deal with yet another lunatic scaring their city.

Okay! Nuff said by me. Mike, I'm thankful you are not a violent or maleficent man. But, your insanity becomes more annoying with every self-absorbed, self-deluded paragraph you post here. Carry on as you must. Hopefully, the rest of us will tire of your foolishness and let you babble in the corner somewhere behind the counter. Blabber on MacDuff!.......peace.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

One thing I've noticed is that a decade and more ago, Mike made it very clear that his method of communicating would be steeped in a dishonest approach that simply refused to acknowledge the possibility that he was wrong about something. Period.

His methods have not changed one bit. They are fundamentally dishonest and inconsistent with a desire to engage in an honest discussion.

Unfortunately, there is no GSC rule against being so utterly full of crap that flies cannot bear the stench. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

If wierwille had hidden anything in PFAL I tend to think it was that he was a “good” con-artist…and so really  the greatest secret in way-world today is that wierwille was full of $hit

For any folks interested in what’s really hidden in PFAL you might want to check out this thread:

the subtle thread which runs throughout PFAL   

• Upvote 1