GreaseSpot Cafe

Is PLAF theopneustos, god-breathed?

So_crates

1 hour ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Mike, I think Abraham Lincoln was right: we can be as happy as we choose to be.

Hadn't heard that about Abe. Honest!

The radio talk show host, Dennis Preger, has a major thesis (books, lectures) that happiness or cheerfulness is a moral responsibility.  He is pretty convincing.

Edited by Mike

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

The radio talk show host, Dennis Preger, has a major thesis (books, lectures) that happiness or cheerfulness is a moral responsibility.  He is pretty convincing.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Dennis Prager hosts political talk.

Edited by Rocky

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Dennis Prager hosts political talk.

And religious, and philosophical, and psychological. He also does a kind of marriage counseling. 

His work on happiness is a stand-alone project. I was impressed with his logic. I can see it not working well for some.  I forget how the logic went.

I listened to him a lot years ago, but now only a few times per year. I've tuned out of politics for a while now.

Maybe it's time to divide this thread and lock this part of the thread, as it's now moving in a completely different direction, that could be interesting to explore.  Thoughts, mods?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

And religious, and philosophical, and psychological. He also does a kind of marriage counseling. 

His work on happiness is a stand-alone project. I was impressed with his logic. I can see it not working well for some.  I forget how the logic went.

I listened to him a lot years ago, but now only a few times per year. I've tuned out of politics for a while now.

Mike, after the election of 2016, many Americans are turned-off by politicians.

14 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Mike, after the election of 2016, many Americans are turned-off by politicians.

I think I'm one of them. I get amused at the stupidity on both sides, but I no longer invest in becoming aware of all the latest details, and discussing to try and influencing anyone else's vote.

20 hours ago, So_crates said:

There is something very powerful about dance that I never quite knew until I dove in to it 5 years ago.

In fighting life-long depression over the decades (winning lately BTW) I noticed long ago that a forced smile can "confuse" a depression for a few seconds.  Now I see dance as a forced smile on the whole body, and depression LOSES to it every time.  As long as the song lasts and a for few minutes afterward that depression is gone, and a valuable time to re-group is there to work with.