GreaseSpot Cafe

LIFE.........before the cult days

skyrider

There is nothing like songs......to remind me what life was like before the cult detour.

The early 70s were the best of memories........as I was in high school. 

Driving a 1967 Ford Galaxie, 2-door, fastback, 390 engine.......and then, a 900 Kawasaki motorcycle....

Driving fast, dating, sports, hunting, fishing...........and dancing.

I had a 1967 Chevy Malibu – sort of a gold/copper-ish appliance color with a black vinyl roof; my brother was a motor-head and he had that little baby tuned to a very responsive gas pedal…trunk was just big enough to haul my Fender bass amp to practice and gigs…When Soul Makossa came on the radio I would tap out the rhythm of the words with my gas pedal…”mama ko mama sa maka makoosa” ….now in Chevy Malibu-ese it sounds like "vroo vroo vroom  vroo vroo vroom vroo vroo vroo vroo vroooom"…yeah you guitarists can brag all you want about your wah wah pedals - - but my finely tuned “instrument” had a gas pedal.

I had a career.  Which wonderfully took me to another country.  Which, since this thread appears to have become about cars, enabled me to buy my first car, a Ford Laser Sport.  Bright red, it was (especially once I'd cut'n'polished it, brought the colour up beautifully).  I liked it a lot.  Like this but below the rubber door trim it was red, not grey as in the image.

laser sport.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Nice, Twinky.......

Hopefully, this isn't just a thread about cars, but........YOUR LIFE before the cult days.    :dance:

This isn't exactly the same 1972 900z1 Kawasaki that I had......but it's close. 

Same paint scheme, 4 cylinders, 4 carburetors, air-cooled.......and lots of chrome.

Z1

I had a career, which could have taken me to places of influence.  Not really been able to pick that up again.  Do something very different now.

I had some good friends, who (amazingly) have welcomed me "back" with love in my post-Way days.

I liked music and bands and whatever, mostly rock/prog rock style, but my musical interests got squashed in Waydaze.  Happily now I have resumed an interest in music and am getting the musical education I missed out on in secondary school - rather different - now I sing in a choir (mostly works by Mozart, Brahms, those older composers - brilliant choirmaster, Head of the school's music dept, makes sure we know what was going on in music at the time); sing in a couple of church worship groups in "cathedral contemporary" style.  In fact, sung a solo part in the abbey here, 500 in the congregation (yikes!).

What else?  Broke up with a nice guy that I could've been with even now - he wasn't interested in God stuff so I lost interest in him.  (He's been married many years now now to the person he met after me).  But I have nice male friends in my life ... and who knows where it goes from here? (smiles privately to self).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Skyrider - you danced like that?  Cute!  Did ya wear the little skirt like that, too?

Edited by Twinky

I went one semester to college after high school then dropped out to enlist in the USAF at age 18. IOW, I didn't accomplish much before TWIt. But after leaving, I finished college have had a career or two and am now retired (not living lavishly). But I'm comfortable with my lot in life... raised a daughter and now have two lovely grandchildren. :dance:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1