GreaseSpot Cafe

I think I killed my mouse

Psalm 71 one

I just spilled rootbeer on my desk-- didn't think I got any part of my puter, but turned the mouse upside down and shook it-- and a few drops of soda came out.

It still worked okay for awhile, but then it started "dropping" my location when I scrolled down. (I have a scrollbar on my mouse) even when I went to the sidbar and used the "up" and "down" arrows, it wouldn't hold it's palce on the page.

I took it apart and there were some tiny drops of soda inside. I dabbed at em, blew on it and left it apart in the air for awhile. I reassembeled it a few minutes later, and it is slow to repond when I left click, the scroller thingy doesn't work at all--I have to use the scroll bar at the edge of the page-- and then it is kinda slow...

Have I kilt my poor leetle mousie?

I think I hear "Taps" playin.....

They are indeed a joy to use. NO more getting all kinds of miniscule gunk into the little ball. NO more mouse pointer stopping JUST before the button you want to click on. NO more cleaning out the mouse every so often.

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

Me, too. I was given an optical mouse as a gift. I love it, love it, love it.

Incidentally, that junk that gets in your keyboard and mouse is called "kruft".

Oh, And Garthp, I was always under the impression that you were someone that would *enjoy* playing with mouse balls. My mistake. (jus' yankin yer chain)