GreaseSpot Cafe

Best Research on Sabbath

7 hours ago, Waxit said:

The above remark from you is absolute horse manure coming out of your mouth
Why would you even want to engage in a conversation if you have such a bad impression about me.

I wrote to rocky and you butted in - and fair enough you wrote a kind posting- asking me some relevant questions
about sabbath and giving me bible verses that you think shows that sabbath has become insignificant
then you come out with an absolute trash of a statement

I was going to write back showing the flaws and your misunderstanding on the bible verses that you have pointed out
But now i am not so sure if i even want to reply to you and should ignore you and perhaps even get out of gsc all together
I even asked Rocky politely if he wanted to communicate with me 

Can I ask you what you mean by me harboring one of wierville's most deceptive trick?   

Secondly what do you mean by christian agnostic?  I checked up on the internet and they say there is no such thing
The term christian and the term agnostic are incompatible.  

It appears to me that you are being very deceptive in the way you are presenting yourself 
You cannot have one foot in one camp and the other foot in another camp. It will never work in true christianity
And I am not sure if I am going to have a sane discussion

seeing you can be christian on one hand and you can jump into being an agnostic at any time you see fit. 
Hmmm very deceptive

The reason I want to engage in a conversation with you is because – believe it or not – I believe you have a lot to offer in this discussion – as I believe we all do.

I apologize if I gave you the idea that I have such a bad impression of you. I can be rather blunt and aggressive at times – but I don’t mean to personally attack you – rather, I like to vigorously scrutinize an idea.

I guess I was not clear enough when I was explaining one of wierwille’s faults in logic – which is -  errors and contradictions in the actual text will result in errors and contradictions in doctrine…what I tried to show in my previous post was that any actual errors or contradictions in the Bible do not automatically “translate” to erroneous doctrine – nor do errors and contradictions in the text negate the basic tenets of Christianity (such as in the belief of the birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ and all that was accomplished through that)…However, when people try to formulate Christian doctrine from what the scriptures state – and since the Bible is NOT a textbook with topics neatly organized together,  with an index and a comprehensive cross-reference system – there is always the possibility of errors and contradictions in a particular doctrine or systematic theology because of some faulty logic, bias or whatever on the part of the person.

There’s nothing wrong with studying the scriptures to develop a doctrine, a systematic theology, whatever - matter of fact it’s necessary as we explore our faith. I know you have often stressed the importance of examining the scriptures for oneself – and that’s a good thing. It’s my belief as a Christian that we should thoughtfully examine and re-examine the scriptures and prove all things – and hold on to what is good (I Thess. 5:21). That should be a continuous process – as we refine our beliefs and even our thinking process.

Per a couple of posts ago I explained what is a Christian agnostic – I even gave a link to the term  -    here  -  from which I now quote the following:

“Christian agnostics practice a distinct form of agnosticism that applies only to the properties of God. They hold that it is difficult or impossible to be sure of anything beyond the basic tenets of the Christian faith. They believe that God or a higher power exists, that Jesus may have a special relationship with God and is in some way divine, and that God should be worshipped. This belief system has deep roots in Judaism and the early days of the Church.”

I also stated I am somewhat of a Christian agnostic – and added some qualifiers to indicate my beliefs cannot be confined or restricted by such a broad and general description.

I am sorry if I made you feel that I am being deceptive about the way I represent myself. I have tried my best to be fair and honest in presenting my arguments. I have tried to use scripture and simple logic. I hope I can address any further concerns you may have - so it will be possible to have a sane conversation with me. I don’t even care if you think I’m not a Christian or I’m being duplicitous - honestly it does not bug me in the least :rolleyes: …if it makes you feel more comfortable, why don’t you just think of me as a rank unbeliever who does know a few things about the Bible – and you are witnessing to me about the importance of keeping the Sabbath. So what will you say to convince me?

Edited by T-Bone
formatting and typos

1 hour ago, Waxit said:

Can I ask you- do you believe that the bible is the word of God than can be relied on and trusted once you understand it for yourself
Would you say you are a true christian believer?  I just want to make sure it will be a productive discussion

1) That sounds like "beating around the bush." and 2) The best way for you to ensure it will be a productive discussion is for you to contribute productively -- cogently explain YOUR position. 3) We can't control what other people do (i.e. you either controlling me or deciding that you time isn't worth engaging with me because of _______ (you name it) 4) Now that would equate to you dismissing me, wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, Waxit said:

Truth is I can discuss core issues why people misunderstand and are not aware of how important sabbath is

Actually, if you want to help people clarify their understanding, the only thing YOU can do is make your argument as clear and simple as possible and then ask questions to figure out if what you tried to explain is clear to your readers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rocky said:

1) That sounds like "beating around the bush." and 2) The best way for you to ensure it will be a productive discussion is for you to contribute productively -- cogently explain YOUR position. 3) We can't control what other people do (i.e. you either controlling me or deciding that you time isn't worth engaging with me because of _______ (you name it) 4) Now that would equate to you dismissing me, wouldn't it?

Okay, here's what I am going to do... and what I'm not intending to do.

First, I'm not going to do or be or say or write anything that I don't believe in the depths of my,heart. This isn't about whether I'm going to let you put me in a box in your mind. You're going to do what you're going to do. I can't and have no need to control any aspect of that.

Second, I'm not going to try to prove anything to you on/in this thread.

Third, I fully intend to listen to, or read, your words, Waxit, non-judgmentally. I believe I've already explained my position on the subject of the sabbath. I'm not going to try to prove you wrong. Period.

I just want to understand, preferably in words from your own heart, backed up if you need/want, by scripture. But primarily I want to understand where you're coming from.

Now, I'm not making this proclamation to anyone but Waxit at this time.

Lay it on me.

I will, to the extent I need clarification of what you say from this point on, on this subject, ASK you for clarification.

I will not criticize your perspective. You have already made it emphatically clear that you believe in the importance of the 7th Day Sabbath. I accept that as your position but want to understand how and why you believe that.

Thanks,

Rocky 

THIS is my aim: Proverbs 2:1-5 Not to demand it of anyone else, but for me to do this.

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.

Edited by Rocky
insert scripture

On 5/15/2020 at 7:59 AM, Rocky said:

THIS is my aim: Proverbs 2:1-5 Not to demand it of anyone else, but for me to do this.

and find the knowledge of God.                   the joy and rejoicing of my heart)

The above bible verse from proverbs is excellent Rocky and I commened you for you enquiring
heart about the things of God in relation to 7th day sabbath keeping
Heb 11:6 says God rewards those who seek Him earnestly.

One question though, you did say that you didnt like parsing and being led into a legalistic requirement.
Ok! first of all, i will tell you upfront, it is not my intention to lead you into anything- that's not my job or my aim
I simply present the truth. 
In regards to "being led into a legalistic requirement- it depends what you mean by legalistic requirement
If you say legalistic requirment as in burdens put on you by man - yes! i agree with you that's wrong, definitely
However, please keep in mind the bible with it's covenant and testament laws is a legal document between God
and His people.
The bible does not apply to christians or non christians who do want eternal life and who do not believe in the God
of the bible or His commandments
The very fact that you have a keen interest and spending time in knowing God's word tells me in some measure
that you want the blessings of God- i.e eternal life, protection of God etc- if this case the bible then becomes a legal document
to you and it is well worth your time- finding out what God requires of you and to keep your part of the new covenant so that you
can then avail of the blessing that God has promised to those who will fullfill their part in the new covenant i.e keeping the laws
and commandments of God

Think of it this way, Rocky- whether you are a house owner or renter- either way the mortgage that yu take out with a bank or the renters
agreement that you sign with the landlord both constitute a legal document.
You want the protection of a shelter and enjoy it's convenences- power sockes for electricity, taps for water supply
and in return you agree to pay the housing loan arrangement to the bank for eventual house ownership when the loan is paid off
or you agree to pay the landlord an agreed monthly rental. Can you say then in this case that after making the choice to be either a house owner
or a renter- you dont like to be led into a leglistic rule. How far will you get if you went to the bank or the landlord and say, you will take the loan but you wiill not sign the
loan /rental agreement because you dont want to be led into a legalistic rule?  How far will you get- not  very far- they will show you where the exit door  is(lol)
but see the amazing thing with God contrary to mankind rules ( and you will have to differentiate what is manmade rules (as in the clowns at twit who decitfully handle the word of God) or is it God's laws and commandments. This is where research, examination of the word by checking into the original hebrew or greek  interlinear comes in to see
where the errors are showing in whichever version you are using.
You can rest assured if you accurately determine that it is God's laws and commanments that it is referring to as in Exodud 20:8-11
then you can rest assured with this type of legal obligation, it is freedom. 
Galatians 5:1  (Keeping God's laws and commandments set us free 

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
                                                                                   (Lord of the Sabbath)                                                 (Judaism- 1000's of man made rules- eg Matthew 15:2
                                                                                    Sabbath keeping- resting,worship of God              traditions trying to enforce it  on gentile
                                                                                    Fellowship                                                                  christian converts- washing of hands  in a special way etc)                                  
       When the pharisees "confronted" Jesus   on sabbath day- it was never in relation to keeping the sabbath-
       Because jesus Christ and His disples always kept the 7th day- the pharisees questioned Jesus on how it was being
       kept i.e not according to their traditions i.e "tradition of the elders" - not washing hands- plucking corn when the discples were going through
                                                                                                                                the field which they were entitled to do, healing on the sabbath- Jesus rightly
                                                                                                                                showed them how legalistic they were (man made traditions that lead to bondage
                                                                                                                                (satan's speciality)           

I can honestly tell my break through started after years of enslavement in a terrible cult called twi
and I cried out to God, "Please God show me the truth"
It was a systematic and progressive leading by God's word and when the keeping of the sabbath was shown to me 
through scriptures left right and centre- it was "scales dropping off" my eyes- that was my honest spritual experience

I hope we can remain friends regardless of what you end up believing. I know insofar as spiritual things for xample laws and commandments of God
(they are spiritually discerned- which is why intelligent intellectuals and hot shot religious authorities will never grasp the importance and heart
behind sabbath keeping because they do not have the meekness and humity to admit that God alone  is the revealer of truth. 
God by way of His Holy Spirit wrote the book so shoudnt we accept Him as the ultimate authority
You have also got to approach the understanding of the scriptures in this case sabbath with a meek and humble heart  so  ideally it's 
a combination pf proverbs 2: 1-5 as you quoted above plus Psalm 25 4-10

Psalm 25:4-10
 4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
6Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
7Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
8Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach His way.
10All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
(The paths of the Lord are truth which is defined by His Laws)   (Law & Commandment Keeping)

Pray to God for Him to confirm and show you the truth as you increase your biblical understanding of His word though study and meditation.
It's sweet when God answers our prayers and he will if you seek him as in proverbs (quoted by you) and psalms quoted by me)

All right- i think the simplest way to approach this issue of sabbath keeping is, I will first explain the major stumbling block that well meaning christians are confronted with
and why they arrive at the conclusion that today in the new testament era sabbath keeping is not required/insignificant/unimportant- take your pick
I think from previous posts it looked like you were of the same opinion and i don't blame you because that's how most people view the sabbath- not necessary

Secondly I will ask you a question- please answer it directly - it can be very brief- one paragraph or one line "yes! I agree with the bible verse and i dont see any
ambiguity or contrdiction etc and straight to the point so we are on the same page as we progress in this discussion
When i make something bold or underline something in the the bible verse and especially if i bold and undersline something at the same time-
i am making an emphatic point and if you grab a hold of it and file it for the time being temporarily
in area of your mind for easy recall later on- you will see why God- our most wonderful and loving Father wants us, as true christians to keep  His commandments
the sabbath being one of the 10 commandments is largely ignored. You will see how the love we profess (i.e love God with all your heart , mind and soul being the number one and 
loving others i.e the sign of our love for God is shown by our love for others (in this case other christians)  is tied to keeping His commandments- This is not what I say, this is what God is saying
Of course if something is not clear to you or disagree- feel free to ask- hopefully we can clear it and get consensus before we move on

1 John 5:3

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
           (greatest commandment)    (commandment keeping- includes sabbath keeping which is ignored)

Thirdly when it's your turn, after you have directly answered my question, you can then ask me a question based on a bible verse in regards to sabbath keeping
and I will answer your question based on bible verse from kjv preferably because I use it but i dont mind if you prefer to quote from another version- (just not the koran lol)
So once i have direcly ansered your questiion if you have any, i will then ask you a question - so it can go back and forth and we will see how it's progressing

I may show you that the bible verse may have nothing to do with sabbath and in context what is is referring to, it maybe
saying the opposite of what you think it's saying or I may not have the answer and may have to do further research, in which case
I will tell you

Context- wwhich maybe a number of different things- eg who it was written to, why it was written, the prevailing culture at that time and what paul was adressing etc
Context is very important and because this part is frequently missed
it can lead to erroneous interpretation-- incidentally- i dont know what you think but vpw only goes into detail in context to prove a point like how smart he is in showing
you 3 days and 3 nights but when it comes to the important sabbath keeping commandment, he just skims across the "one esteemeth one day above another"- which is really shocking and shame on the deceiving conman-. Why does he doesnt look into the context of this verse "one esteemeth one day above another" especially as he wants to prove other people wrong in relatively insignificant things like 4 thieves- 3 days & 3 nights- but when it comes to important things like the 4th commandment- he wants to gloss it over - It would have been great if a knowledgeable person at that time-( i know i was very ill informed at that time) would stand up and say to the twits- that's not what Paul is referring to when you read it in context in the "one esteemeth one day above another " verse ( I suppose he might have been confronted with the "how dare you question the man of God" stare)

Why people disregard the importance of sabbath keeping?

The most common objection to sabbath keeping has been that the law has been done away with.
Sabbath is in the old testament and the law has been fullfilled by Jesus Christ so we dont have to keep it
Today the christians in the new testament - everything is fullfilled in this commandment - i.e Love God with all your heart, mind and soul
and love your neighbour as yourself.  Am i correct in saying this Rocky?

I will continue with this tomorrow- i just wanted get your thoughts on the subject of 
why people disregard the importance of sabbath keeping?

Regards
Gabe

Edited by Waxit

3 hours ago, Waxit said:

One question though, you did say that you didnt like parsing and being led into a legalistic requirement.
Ok! first of all, i will tell you upfront, it is not my intention to lead you into anything- that's not my job or my aim
I simply present the truth.

I'm not challenging your intent. And foremost, this isn't about me.

There is NO need to praise me in any way for this.

Please just lay out your case.

3 hours ago, Waxit said:

The bible does not apply to christians or non christians who do want eternal life and who do not believe in the God

I don't understand what you mean by these words.

3 hours ago, Waxit said:

I know insofar as spiritual things for [e]xample laws and commandments of God
(they are spiritually discerned- which is why intelligent intellectuals and hot shot religious authorities will never grasp the importance and heart
behind sabbath keeping because they do not have the meekness and humility to admit that God alone  is the revealer of truth. 

What it looks like you are saying is that there is no logic to the argument, but rather it's only something that can be grasped/understood by faith. Is that correct?

3 hours ago, Waxit said:

Secondly I will ask you a question- please answer it directly - it can be very brief- one paragraph or one line "yes! I agree with the bible verse and i dont see any
ambiguity or contrdiction etc and straight to the point so we are on the same page as we progress in this discussion

Is this the question you are asking me, whether I agree with the bible verses you are sharing and whether or not I see ambiguity or contradiction on the points you are making?

Please note that I pledged to not challenge you or criticize you, but only to ask for clarification when I need to better understand the case you are trying to make.

I didn't pledge to agree with you, just to do my best to understand you and the case you make.

3 hours ago, Waxit said:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
           (greatest commandment)    (commandment keeping- includes sabbath keeping which is ignored)

Is this the foundation of the logic on which you rest your case? Other than asking God to reveal the importance of this as the most important commandment that most of us (including me) have been ignoring?

6 hours ago, Waxit said:

Why does he doesnt look into the context of this verse "one esteemeth one day above another" especially as he wants to prove other people wrong in relatively insignificant things like 4 thieves- 3 days & 3 nights- but when it comes to important things like the 4th commandment- he wants to gloss it over - It would have been great if a knowledgeable person at that time-( i know i was very ill informed at that time) would stand up and say to the twits- that's not what Paul is referring to when you read it in context in the "one esteemeth one day above another " verse ( I suppose he might have been confronted with the "how dare you question the man of God" stare)

I'm not going to defend wierwille or guess as to why he did or didn't do or say any particular thing. I'm not engaging in this for anything to either prove or disprove anything about wierwille.

Edited by Rocky
spelling in my reply.

3 hours ago, Waxit said:

he most common objection to sabbath keeping has been that the law has been done away with.
Sabbath is in the old testament and the law has been fullfilled by Jesus Christ so we dont have to keep it
Today the christians in the new testament - everything is fullfilled in this commandment - i.e Love God with all your heart, mind and soul
and love your neighbour as yourself.  Am i correct in saying this Rocky?

I will continue with this tomorrow- i just wanted get your thoughts on the subject of 
why people disregard the importance of sabbath keeping?

I can't say what is the most common objection, but it certainly seems that IS A common reason.

Gabe, I look forward to your clarifying responses.

I'm following this thread now.  To prevent a "dogpiling"  situation, I'll let Rocky ask all the obvious questions so Waxit has one person to answer, instead of having to chase questions all over the thread from different people.

In the interest of being nice,  I'm posting mainly to post a request.

Waxit?

Please be careful when hitting " reply"  on a post.   I much prefer if you don't reply INSIDE THE BOX where their post is quoted.  If you do, there's 2 problems for the rest of us.

1)  We can't see a difference between what HE posted and what YOU posted.  This means we can't tell who posted what, nor who to reply to.  That makes discussion more difficult, and it makes it harder to follow your points (since we can't distinguish them from HIS points.)

2) When everything you post ends up in that box, none of us can use the same function to reply to you!  The reply function would quote an empty post- since the software thinks everything inside a quotebox is part of the quote and none of it is added.   

Please make good-faith attempts to make it clear who is posting what.  There's several things you can do to make that happen.

A)  Under the quotebox, post your reply.  You might add numbers to the quote, and number your replies so we can see what addressed what. 

B)  Use the quotebox, but then cut-and-paste their reply below the box, and reply to each point. Use quotation marks so we can see it's a quote, and mark what was said by you and what was said by him. 

That's what I think of first, others may think other things work better.  Please, please do something to address this.  Thank you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rocky said:

I can't say what is the most common objection, but it certainly seems that IS A common reason.

Gabe, I look forward to your clarifying responses.

by kjv translatorsThe major stumbling block when it comes to the christian's understanding and obeying the sabbath keeping commandment:
i.e not being able to recognise and differentiate the bible terminolgy  of "works of law" (man made traditions) -which must be ignored
and "the works of the law" (God's laws and commandments) - must pay attention to see shat God wants

As i see it Rocky, the main reason why christians get confused and do not understand the significance of the 7th day 
sabbath as commanded by God in the bible bolis down to  not being able to understand between "works of law" (traditions of man)
and God's laws and commandments. In the time of Jesus, Judaism (the religion of pharisees) among the jews (phsical descedants of Abraham was
the mainstream religion- legalistic, self seeking strict  and Jews opposed the teachings of Jesus Christ (The Laws and Commandments of God)
which was based on love and truth
Love God with all your heart,mind and soul and love thy neighbour as yourself. Jesus said, "on these two great commandments, hang all the law and truth

God's  laws and commandments are holy and rigteousness and are based on love which will set you free
John 8:31 & 32

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word (observe and keep God's laws and commandments,               then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Galatians 5:

Stand fast therefore in the liberty (teaching and commandments of Jesus Christ who is Lord of the Sabbath
wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.(traditions of man)

Romans 7:12.  

Rom
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.       (why would God do away His own laws which are holy and just and good)
                                                                                                                                                     secondly God cannot and will not deny His own laws
                                                                                                                                                     thirdly Jesus Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath and he says                                                                                                                                                     He is the same yesterday, today and forever ( Hebrews 13:8)

Gods laws and commandments when obeyed become the basis for relationship with God
Our connection with Him is soooo vital because God is the life giver not the sabbath per se
The sabbath as part of God's laws and Commandments demonstrates our love for God and this in turn
activates our relationship. Many christians just think they have a relationship with God even though they
dont obey God's commandments and make believe relationship is definitely not validated by God's word.
Let's look at what does validate our relationship with God according to
John 14:21-24

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (via the presence of God - Holy Spirit dwelling in us)  Many christians think it is automatic and they dont
                                                                                                                                              have to obey the commandments of God- they have a fake
                                                                                                                                              relationship, unfortunately- just going by God's word says

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (laws and commandments of God- refer to vs 21- includes 7th day sabbath)

and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. 

The phaisees the ruling religious authorities of the day in the time of Jesus and continually harassed Jesus and His disciples
by questioning why they dont follow their religious laws (man made traditions). You will notice both parties - Jesus on one hand and pharisees on the other
did not oppose keeping the sabbath.  In fact Jesus Christ said of Himself, He is "Lord of the Sabbath" . If you are Lord of something, you own it
How can then christians who call themselves followers of Jesus Christ not practise what their Lord and master stands for- The Sabbath

Keeping of the sabbath was so clear cut and laid out during the time of Jesus and the early christians that there was no question of obeying the
7th day sabbath. You will not find a single verse where there was ever an argument about keeping the 7th day Sabbath- from sunset to sunset

The confrontation by the pharisees came about when they questioned Jesus on how they (Jesus & His discippes) were keeping the sabbath
The pharisees wanted to include their man made traditions (their own interpretations of how the sabbath was to be kept- commonly known as
"works of law" in the bible for instance - "proper and thorough washing of hands-they had a unique way of doing it, (it's ridiculous and hilarious but that's
what these clowns are about-  also they questioned Jesus on why he healed (that was considered work to the pharisees)- they didnt care about they guy
who had a withered hand for his entire life until the time Jesus healed him and also why His disciples plucked corn during the sabbath.
The pharisees considered plucking of corns as reaping (work being done on sabbath)
All these are works of law which the orthodox jews codified into their talmud and wanted to enforce it on Jesus and His followers and therby corrupt
the pure word of God coming to us bunder the inspiration of the Holy Spirit

Mark 7:9

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

In todays christianity              (you reject the direct 7th day sabbath (saturday)     (when you keep the 1st day- Sunday)
                                                         (God's laws & commandments)                                    Mans traditions started by the RC religion                     

It is important to understand that we must not interefere with God's laws or commandment by acting contraryy to what he commands
if we do then it will lead to a trangression of law (God's laws and it becomes sin
This is happening in most of christianity by well meaning christians who think they love God but are ignorant of His commandments
which leads to sin week in and week out worldwide and this results in death to our relationship with God
1 John 3:4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Sin has consequences from a loving God who is also the God of Justice ( Nothing escapes His eyes- everything will be paid for)
Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death (curse); but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.(blessings when you believe & obey)

It is importnt to realise that we must weed out traditions of man from the lwaws and commandments of God
because man is inherently corrupt with a carnal nature and God is pure
but God having mercy on us through the sacrificial work of Jesus Christ delivered us out of darkness  (Col 1:13) is now transforming us into the image of Hid
dear son Jesus Christ>
We should not undermine this ongoing work by being disobedient to the holy commandments coming from God

2 Peter 1:20

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.  ( The jews(pharisees) were blind to this verse obviously

The kjv translators who generally have the anti law mindset d in words where they 
are notorious for adding in words to reflect what they believe raher than sticking with the original greek translation
and have led a lot of people astray.  See my reply to Twiny on Romans 10:4 which says "Christ is the end of the law"

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book,       ( i pity the kjv translators who were responsible for adding words
      If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues                   into the kjv when the face the Law giver (Jesus Christ the Righteous) that are written in this book:

Ok! how do we seperate the traditions of man from the holy commandments of God in the bible
First of alwaysl go to the greek interlinear to find out the original greek translation for that particular verse
to examine if it's actually refering to the laws and commandments of God (holy and righteous)
or is the traditions of man (filthy rags)

works of law or deeds os law will be shown by the greek words "ergon nomou"  ergon meaning works/ deeds and nomou law
so we know in this case it's the traditions of man

If it is God's commandments it will shown by the greek works wthe definite article "the" so it will be "tou nomou" (the law)
The problem with the KJV translators they have gone and plastered the words "the" everywhere they see the word nomou (law)
appearing.  Because their mindset is God has "done away with the law" (which is total rubbish)so anything that faintly smells of law
the have slapped the definite article "the" into the mix.
So what they have done for instance in:
Galatians 3:1-2 (used by protestants to codemn sabbath keepers)
This is how people normally people read withouth checking with the greek inerlinear 
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
They equate the works of the law as "keeping the commandments of God but that's not what is appearing in the 
original greek translation. It looks from this verse Galatians 3;2 like as if it is keeping the laws of God is lending credence to their eroneous belief that keeping the law nullifies the grace of God- that's absolutely incorrect

Firstly "the works of the law" is wrong translation- it's made to like it's the keeping of the commanments of God when 
in fact- it is keeping the traditions of man (utterly useless and should be ignored- touch not, taste not- that sort of garbage)

Secondly, keeping  the laws of God does not bring salvation- It is God (forgiveness of God- imputing the righteousness of Jesus Christ to us) and Jesus Christ (the blood of jesus Christ which is the propitation for our sins)
that bring life and salvation and it is done through our believing faith ( our faith in Jesus Christ is demonstrated by our belief in Jesus Christ
which in turn is demonstrated by our willingness to keep God laws and commandments

So let's examine  Galatians 3:1-2 as it appears

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

See the definite article "the" appearing twice as in " - this is the illegal tampering and insertion by the kjv translators
So if you take out the definite article "the" from "the works of the law" (laws and commandments of God-  (which is the right thing to do as it is incorrectly inserted when you check in the greek interlinear (original greek translation) then it should correctly read as "works of law' (traditions of men instead of "the works of the law)

So Galaians 3: 1-2 should read thus:

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by works of law -("ergon nomou)-(traditions of men), or by the hearing of faith?

Like this erroneous translation , it all over the bible courtesy of the misleading kjv translators and it brings a lot of confusion
and erroneous understanding and for people who dont seek God to know the truth, they willfully sin ignorantly every week.

If the apostle had intended to mean "the laws and commandments of God" then he would have used the greek translation "tou nomou"
meaning the law but he did not.
There is only one place in the bible where it is correctly translated laws and commandments of God and this is in Romans 2:14-15
eveywhere else there has been a major labelling error by kjv translators in sticking" laws and commandments of God  over the absolute horse manure traditions of men- "works of law"

Regards
Waxit

Edited by Waxit

On 5/18/2020 at 1:57 AM, Rocky said:

I don't understand what you mean by these words.

Non christians who do not believe In Jesus Christ or think the bible is not real will not
be able to receive the truth of God's commandments because it is spiritually discerned
as opposed to someone having just an intellectual understanding

On 5/18/2020 at 1:57 AM, Rocky said:
On 5/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, Waxit said:

On 5/18/2020 at 2:06 AM, Rocky said:

What it looks like you are saying is that there is no logic to the argument, but rather it's only something that can be grasped/understood by faith. Is that correct?

Yes! and No!  - God's word is logical but it becomes real to you when God activates it via the indwelling Holy Spirit (received during water baptism)
                           God wants you to understand His word- 2 Tim 2:15 but the ongoing genuine relationship with Him is what brings everything together
                           We are also in a position to receive the faith of Jesus Christ to help us go through very challenging situations that we might face
                           This is why we must really focus on having a very strong relationship with God the Father and Jesus Christ- - our Lord and Saviour

How do we have a relationship with Him for starters?

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (via the presence of God - Holy Spirit dwelling in us

Firstly we seek God- pray to God- The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for giving us spiritual insight
Secondly we diligently study and meditate on God's word
Thirdly we keep His commandments because we love Him with all our heart

I am sorry if i was very long winded in my previous post

On 5/18/2020 at 2:14 AM, Rocky said:

Is this the question you are asking me, whether I agree with the bible verses you are sharing and whether or not I see ambiguity or contradiction on the points you are making?

Please note that I pledged to not challenge you or criticize you, but only to ask for clarification when I need to better understand the case you are trying to make.

I didn't pledge to agree with you, just to do my best to understand you and the case you make.

yes- no problem- as i told you - i am prepared to accept the fact that you may not agree with me and that you will do your best to understand me
 at the end of the day- it's you choice to what you do or do not believe
and yes you can go ahead and ask for clarification and i will do my best to answer them

But remember that God is the one who will open eyes if the one who is seeking the truth will take action in obeying God's word
so it maybe that you understand the logic and all and still not believe- only God will know how much a person wants His presence
and His commandments to be a part of his life
Who knows what might happen when someone seriously contemplates to understand God's holy commandments?

On 5/18/2020 at 2:16 AM, Rocky said:
On 5/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, Waxit said:

Is this the foundation of the logic on which you rest your case? Other than asking God to reveal the importance of this as the most important commandment that most of us (including me) have been ignoring?

This is one of the key bible verses to meditate upon in addition to praying to God with sincerity of heart 
There are others- that tie in with this 
2 things to do - earnestly pray to God for understanding and confirmation and expressing thanks to Him
                           study diligently- ask questions and meditate (think about it deeply)

3 hours ago, Waxit said:

Yes! and No!  - God's word is logical but it becomes real to you when God activates it via the indwelling Holy Spirit (received during water baptism)
                           God wants you to understand His word- 2 Tim 2:15 but the ongoing genuine relationship with Him is what brings everything together
                           We are also in a position to receive the faith of Jesus Christ to help us go through very challenging situations that we might face
                           This is why we must really focus on having a very strong relationship with God the Father and Jesus Christ- - our Lord and Saviour

How do we have a relationship with Him for starters?

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (via the presence of God - Holy Spirit dwelling in us

Firstly we seek God- pray to God- The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for giving us spiritual insight
Secondly we diligently study and meditate on God's word
Thirdly we keep His commandments because we love Him with all our heart

I am sorry if i was very long winded in my previous post

I appreciate that you anticipated the question of how to have a relationship with God.

And I appreciate that you are trying to be concise.

Are you saying that God doesn't love us unless we keep His Commandments, most notably keeping the 7th Day Sabbath?

4 hours ago, Waxit said:

I guess, one of the things I need to understand is, did you really mean to say "who do want" when you first posted this phrase.

And it would be very helpful if you would use punctuation in your own writing, not just when you copy/paste. 

42 minutes ago, waysider said:

Well, now I'm just confused. The Bible does not apply to non-Christians??  Isn't the Torah essentially the first 5 books of the Bible?

Please just let him answer the questions.

On 5/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, WordWolf said:

I'm following this thread now.  To prevent a "dogpiling"  situation, I'll let Rocky ask all the obvious questions so Waxit has one person to answer, instead of having to chase questions all over the thread from different people.

Waysider, to refresh your recollection:

On 5/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, Rocky said:

Okay, here's what I am going to do... and what I'm not intending to do.

First, I'm not going to do or be or say or write anything that I don't believe in the depths of my,heart. This isn't about whether I'm going to let you put me in a box in your mind. You're going to do what you're going to do. I can't and have no need to control any aspect of that.

Second, I'm not going to try to prove anything to you on/in this thread.

Third, I fully intend to listen to, or read, your words, Waxit, non-judgmentally. I believe I've already explained my position on the subject of the sabbath. I'm not going to try to prove you wrong. Period.

I just want to understand, preferably in words from your own heart, backed up if you need/want, by scripture. But primarily I want to understand where you're coming from.

Now, I'm not making this proclamation to anyone but Waxit at this time.

Lay it on me.

I will, to the extent I need clarification of what you say from this point on, on this subject, ASK you for clarification.

I will not criticize your perspective. You have already made it emphatically clear that you believe in the importance of the 7th Day Sabbath. I accept that as your position but want to understand how and why you believe that.

Thanks,

Rocky 

and find the knowledge of God.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Rocky said:

I guess, one of the things I need to understand is, did you really mean to say "who do want" when you first posted this phrase.

And it would be very helpful if you would use punctuation in your own writing, not just when you copy/paste. 

Sorry that was an obvious error- thanks for clarifying Rocky -  it should be "those who do not  believe in eternal life" 
What i meant is someone who does not believe that the bible is the word of God and having the faith in Jesus Christ
and that it is through Jesus Christ (The Lamb of God) that we have salvation and eternal life

1 John 1: 1-2

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes,
      which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (John and the Apostles were eye witnesses)

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life,
    which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

On 5/15/2020 at 12:37 AM, Rocky said:

Actually, if you want to help people clarify their understanding, the only thing YOU can do is make your argument as clear and simple as possible and then ask questions to figure out if what you tried to explain is clear to your readers.

I tried to do the above to the best of my ability and some people get the wrong idea "I am show offish" 
They never take the time to read carefully to see what it is I am saying. I know this because they never ask engaging or clarifying questions-
just baseless allegations