GreaseSpot Cafe

What we don't know

Twinky

Was idly thinking this evening about the internet, perhaps triggered by the disclosures about Facebook.

Had the internet been around when many posters here became enmeshed with TWI - they would have checked it out first.  Had the net been widely available when I got enmeshed - again, I'd've checked it out first.

Today's potential victims, likely mostly young people, have great opportunity to check TWI out first.  Maybe they went along to a couple of fellowships with their mates, but decided to check out the organization before they got more involved.  Well, well!  When I was (in my ignorance) planning to crawl back to TWI, I googled them and the first site up was - GreaseSpot Cafe! 

And so it still may be, for random people googling TWI, depending on how they phrase their enquiry.  BUT, at least with Google, there's lots of other potential or similar sites listed, both after the main site and at the bottom of the first page.  TWI's own boring, very static, site appears high in the list - closely followed by a few anti-TWI sites. 

We who have been here for a long time know how much GSC has helped us, and most of us remain so that we can help others too.

What we can't know is how many people have encountered GSC, had a quick look, and zoomed off the other way.  They've never been "helped" by having to de-tox here, because they never got "toxed" in the first place.   Good for them, I say!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2