GreaseSpot Cafe

Wondering

BlueCord

I've exited TWI less than 5 years ago (after spending about 5 years in it). After reading "The Cult That Snapped", coming to GreaseSpot and reading about all of the abuse that has continued to go on it got me wondering about something. Weirwille and LCM sexually abused people. I've read how they would say things like they were taking care of the physical needs of the MOG, and that it wasn't sinful, but don't tell anyone about it because they aren't spiritually mature enough to handle those kinds of truths. Do you think it's still going on? I mean, after all of the legal hassle it caused TWI and LCM, do you think it's something that has continued? If so, how in the world has word of it not gotten out?

11 minutes ago, BlueCord said:

I've exited TWI less than 5 years ago (after spending about 5 years in it). After reading "The Cult That Snapped", coming to GreaseSpot and reading about all of the abuse that has continued to go on it got me wondering about something. Weirwille and LCM sexually abused people. I've read how they would say things like they were taking care of the physical needs of the MOG, and that it wasn't sinful, but don't tell anyone about it because they aren't spiritually mature enough to handle those kinds of truths. Do you think it's still going on? I mean, after all of the legal hassle it caused TWI and LCM, do you think it's something that has continued? If so, how in the world has word of it not gotten out?

Blue, good question!  I wish I could answer it, but I can't.  I left TWI 30 years ago, and don't know what is being done, or who is being done too.

2 hours ago, BlueCord said:

Do I think the overall culture of "don't tell anyone about it because they aren't spiritually mature enough to handle those kinds of truths" is still going on?  Yes I absolutely think that culture still exists.  It is a culture of lying to followers, whitewashing the past, even more recently just not saying anything at all about people once they scr3w them over.  Hiding information they think their followers shouldn't know.  An inauthentic lack of transparency.

With that kind of an overall culture going on, for me it really is hard to specifically say what particular abuses are currently going on - or at what levels.  It's like the RC church and the coverup - with a coverup culture, how widespread is the problem?  Hard to say.   So is all that sex stuff still going on?  Well at the Prez level there's a little ole white haired lady in her mid to late 70s - most likely she is well past the time where sex is on her mind anymore or whatever.   When it was more of interest she was known to be a swinger participating in the clubs, then used her relationship (romantic) with LCM's wife to oust him and take over later after the scandals with LCM came out.  

I also think there are plenty of zealots currently in the organization who would continue to do extreme things if they felt it would advance their positions or interests.

In general, though, I doubt the same kind of antics that way are going on currently that happened under the motorcoach and free agenda era.  Just mental manipulation and control.