GreaseSpot Cafe

Did vpw cite his sources, or did he plagiarize?

WordWolf

This thread is a perfect place to refer people to my interview--in two parts--with an eye-witness on this topic of VPW's plagiarism. BTW,  the link was posted in another thread right after I published the interviews on my website.

Click here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, penworks said:

This thread is a perfect place to refer people to my interview--in two parts--with an eye-witness on this topic of VPW's plagiarism. BTW,  the link was posted in another thread right after I published the interviews on my website.

Click here.

Penworks, this is wonderful!!  Thanks for posting this.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:54 AM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Engine, I thought JCOP was a great book; it was so well-written.  What a mind-blowing read.  I knew VPW didn't write it, the moment I started reading it.  His books were garbage, and painful to read.  The one "Ministry" book I wish I had kept was JCOP, but somehow I lost in in my travels.

Hi Grace,

Yes, it was WRITTEN. And, my belief, having been a hometown boy with Chip, a little time at WVU with him, and knowing his reputation for "smarts," is that he was the "brains" behind this operation.

Penworks,  DWBH, and others know that no credits were ever given to anyone. EVER. Just some "aid." Chip left I think around 1980, was 6th, and went onto get his PhD in Humanities and started a teaching career. It was 1995 or so that I spoke with him again, and though he was seriously stunned and shocked that  I was "still thinking about that junk??!!", he graciously filled me in on a few things.

For those who care to know, he had started a young family by that time, and was happy.

Edited by engine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 4/3/2018 at 1:29 AM, WordWolf said:

dmiller posted here about Leonard's account.  According to Leonard, vpw came up to take BGL's class one time. Then vpw requested permission to teach BGL's class locally on a one-time basis. Leonard consented.  He was told the class went off and was sent a photo of the graduates.  That's the last he was told.

What Leonard found out LATER was that vpw left out that the class was Leonard's. He taught it entirely as his own class. That was why the original classes had no syllabus. vpw would have had to refrain from the printed syllabus of "Gifts of the Holy Spirit" and get around to retyping it as the syllabus of "Receiving the Holy Spirit Today."  vpw continued to teach that class.  Later, vpw added Stiles' book "Gifts of the Spirit" to Sessions 9-12, retyped Stiles' textbook as the White Book, and added the contents of Bullinger's book on the holy spirit (to the White Book and 9-12) and "How to Enjoy the Bible" (which became Sessions 5-8).   As he added material, he also split off the Intermediate Class from the other material (first as the "TIP" class for "Tongues Interpretation and Prophecy", then stretched out as the full Intermediate class.  The classes were amalgams of the material of others, rearranged and occasionally reworded so they sounded less like the authors.

It was TheEvan.  1/17/2005.  On page 3 of the thread, "Craig and VP's relationship."

"Back to Leonard. Being cataloger of old photos and such, surely you are familiar with the photos of Wierwille's first two "PFAL" classes? Well, most everybody was, as they were published often enough. Did you ever see the rest of them? Like the ones picturing the water baptisms? I did. But i didn't see them in Da Way. I saw them in some old newsletters displayed at BG Leonard's 90th birthday party, which we hosted for him. I was just casually leafing through some old ones and you can imagine the jolt I got when my eyes landed on a familiar picture. It was the old "1st Piffle Class" photo I'd seen so many times.

As you know, Wierwille had recently taken Leonard's class. He returned to O-hiya to teach Leonard's class with Leonard's blessing. The accompanying article was about this Rev. Wierwille teaching CTC's Gifts of the Spirit course to members of his congregatin in O-hiya. Hmmm. Turns out wierwille lied to the man, co-oted the man's work as his own. FAMILIAR PATTERN!"