GreaseSpot Cafe

Another STFI split...an offshoot of an offshoot.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, WordWolf said:

Geer decided that the issue could be decided by rejecting God's Omnipotence.  Specifically, he rejected God's Omniscience, His "All-Knowingness", if you please. 

Seems I may not be as informed or aware of exactly what (or how) Geer may have taught this, but I (personally) am not sure that necessarily see or take Omniscience to mean the same as (or be the equivalent of) Omnipotence (or visa versa.)  Furthermore, I don't have any real difficulty thinking of His Omnipotence (His unbound and unrestricted ability to create, change, conceal -  or in short, "do" - whatever He wants) as something specifically reliant upon Omniscience.  Now, as far as thinking about what Omniscience itself might means, it gets a bit more complex, as it appears (to me) to be bifurcated.  From nearly all perspectives, it appears to be unrestricted and limitless.  The one exception (of course) being that of "free will" - any further discussion of which wouldn't have much of any place here in this forum.  However, I'll conclude this by stating the reason why this works, is because "love never faileth" - which God, in His infinite wisdom, surely knows.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:09 AM, waysider said:

And now for something totally outta sight, man...HERE

you ain't kidding Waysider - and on the Lawrence Welk Show !!!!

great tune...and to think dad, mom & I used to watch that together...."hey pops, don't bogart that joint daddy-o !!!!"...naw - i'm kidding - but I think a little weed mighta helped out our dysfunctional family...just sayin'

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

From 1 Corinthians chapter 3: 10--15. You can read these scriptures on this subject. We should do good works and not bad works. Rewards for good works, A loss for bad works. Even with works that are burned up while suffering loss, salvation is still scene in these verses. 

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.  For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.  If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,  their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.  If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.  If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

New International Version

Below are the same verses from the New King James Version

10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Fire above is the same Greek word that is scene in Acts 2 with the original receiving of the holy spirit.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 8:06 PM, T-Bone said:

In the spirit of truthful envy – I’ve been thinking about starting an offshoot myself…actually, it’s an offshoot OF  myself…well, technically it’s an offshoot of an offshoot of an offshoot of myself…and honestly there’s probably a few more “offshoot of an offshoot” in there cuz it’s hard keeping track of how many times I’ve changed my mind on things since I left The Way International…and it’s not about the money, folks…I don’t care if you send me your old golf clubs, used cars or mint condition LPs – it’s definitely not just about the money, so get off my case why dontcha !

I have produced an 115 page paper with well over 115 words (that might be a little over a word and some fraction of a word per page) describing my position while I wrote it (I was seated most of the time – though there were a few attempts at automatic writing while I struggled to assume the down-and-out-in-Rome-City Yoga position ) and it’s yours for free – no purchase necessary – just a small minimum required donation…anything really …like old golf clubs, used cars, mint condition LPs, or a 70’s series Fender Jazz Bass…ya know, whatever – I’m not picky…to receive your copy of “Continue Being Fake” just write me “The Leecher”.

T-Bone, LMAO!!

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:06 AM, T-Bone said:

just write me “The Leecher”.

Love it, T-Bone!