GreaseSpot Cafe

Turning the page

Twinky

38 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

Absolutely.  I felt the same when Craig announced his stepping down.  I walked away from the phone hookup and thought, "Oh, well".  That was it.  He's just a guy, and I certainly didn't have him on a pedestal.  Some folks around me were devastated because they DID have him on a pedestal.  But what it showed me was how easy it is to get off track, just like Eve did.

Taxi, I was long gone when Craig, "stepped down."  But, I do think you were right, he was just a guy.  But, when Craig left, he left under a cloud of accusations.  In my view, he is living in a prision, of his own making.  I have no sympathy for him.  However, I feel for those people he used, and exploited.  Far too many of them, will never recover what was taken from them.

Yeah, LCM is in prison - with his Bible with the hand-turned pages.  Much good that did him.

FRAUDS the frikin lot of 'em.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

Do you know why?  I have completely lost touch with anyone that may have known about it.

It's a figure of speech. He's in a prison of his own making between his ears.

• Upvote 1

What little we did hear was long ago, but a few years after he was pushed out of twi, and living in a rent-free house with a doctor there to oversee him,   He did apply for a position as a personal trainer at a local gym that had personal trainers.  His notice was typed in all caps and spent as much time in self-aggrandizement as in being relevant to the position.  It's entirely possible for someone to turn around, but it would not surprise me if he did not.  First, you have to be able to be humble and admit that YOU were the problem at least some of the time- and that seems beyond him.  THEN he can get to how his many faults were used to manipulate and later oust him completely.  There's potential for him to get humble, go to a local church as a parishioner, get involved at the lowest levels, and finally mature and grow from there- but I don't see him "getting humble" because I think he thinks he doesn't need to grow. That would sentence him to spending the rest of his life as he was.

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

but I don't see him "getting humble"

If he did do that, I would be impressed.  His ego jumped out of a video class, and danced on my table!

12 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

If he did do that, I would be impressed.  His ego jumped out of a video class, and danced on my table!

Poltergeist !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1