GreaseSpot Cafe

Can salvation be lost?

Some more great thoughts there, Jerry!

I follow you on all that stuff about Jesus’ existence…wierwille’s botched dissecting of John 1:1, the Logos and the Greek word for “with” (pros) always left me royally confused – and I chalked it up to my inability to track what he was saying. Let’s see…his double-talk went something like this: “The Logos was with (pros) God…pros means together with yet distinctly independent of…so… in the beginning - how could Jesus Christ be together with God yet distinctly independent of God?  Well, there's only one way that's possible - in what you and I would call the mind of God – in his foreknowledge.

Oh really? So, God had this thought about Jesus Christ. And that thought…that idea…was together within the mind of God yet distinctly independent of God’s mind. Huh?

Besides being a terrible interpreter of Scripture wierwille was prone to shoehorn his convoluted logic into a theological box of errors – and we were forbidden to think outside the box…his book Jesus Christ is Not God was a feeble attempt to mischaracterize and trivialize Jesus Christ’s divine nature…But who cares about that stifling…confining theological box of errors - I enjoy the freedom to explore my faith.

• Like 1