GreaseSpot Cafe

Nothing New Under the Sun: The first sin of mankind

shortfuse

4 hours ago, Taxidev said:

That's ridiculous.

Both VeePee's and Loy's versions are tied into self-justifying rationalization... and yes, both are ridiculous.

Wierwille probably tied it into his rationalization that it was acceptable to prey on (not necessarily pray over) the very attractive young women that idolized him.

Martindale was apparently having a very difficult time getting through to his wife about her relationship(s) even though she seems to have overlooked his.

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

Both VeePee's and Loy's versions are tied into self-justifying rationalization... and yes, both are ridiculous.

I remember sitting in Craig's class during the original sin segment, thinking, "That's a real stretch - I just don't see that in scripture."  While it was in the law as punishable by death, so were many other things.  So, how was that one chosen as the "original sin"?

BTW, why do you folks here refer to Craig as Loy?

1 minute ago, Taxidev said:

I remember sitting in Craig's class during the original sin segment, thinking, "That's a real stretch - I just don't see that in scripture."  While it was in the law as punishable by death, so were many other things.  So, how was that one chosen as the "original sin"?

Taxi, Loy is his first name.  Craig is his middle one.

Actually Loy is the last name of Lutheran pastor Matthias Loy of the 1800's and was quite famous.

1 hour ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Actually Loy is the last name of Lutheran pastor Matthias Loy of the 1800's and was quite famous.

I've never heard of him.  But, that aside, it just sounds better as a last name, and even as a middle name.  But the last name version, to me, sounds the best.  As a first name, it just strikes me as really odd.  I understand it is of German or Dutch origin.

16 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Because it is not IN scripture. But he did have that obsession with homosexuality.

BTW, regarding Martindale's first name,  see what you can learn when you ask questions? :wave:

Loy sounds much more reasonable as Thomas' middle name.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:31 AM, Taxidev said:

I’ll tell you what a real stretch is - wierwille   taught t in PFAL “the Bible means what it says and says what it means” ...however wierwille promoted the way corps to folks as the best way to get into “the greatness and depth of The Word”...

...ah yes, the way corps program - a magical kingdom ruled by a sexual predator (wierwille) who was ruled by his own inner demons; he practiced the fine art of literary alchemy - a seemingly magical process of transforming what  the Bible might plainly state into whatever he wanted it to say...also known as pulling an answer out of your a$$...or the abbreviated version: bull$hit.

wierwille’s “ministry “ was really two-faced; he said one thing to the general TWI audience but the “heavy stuff” was usually reserved for those admitted to the inner sanctum (the way corps) - where he would elaborate, read between the lines, or flat out just claim “the father showed me”...

...I did say the heavy stuff was “usually reserved” for the corps but now thinking back to when I took his Christian Family and Sex class and heard his interpretation of the original sin being masturbation - as far as this discussion goes - I tend to think there is an even bigger elephant in the room ...think about it...wierwille not only sexualized the passage , and even went over slang terms, sexual positions, anatomy , etc. all the while conveying an I’m-so-spiritually-mature-that-none-of-this-fazes-me-and-if-you’re-uncomfortable-with-any-of-this-just-renew-your-mind attitude to the students;  thus he ever so subtly encroached - personal - intimate boundaries and laid the groundwork for what he would say to justify himself to those who he sexually molested.

== == ==

There’s a whole other problem I have with wierwille’s and craig’s idea of the original sin - they take a very ambiguous passage that lacks a lot of detail and imbue it with a very specific interpretation...that’s going way beyond the data of the text , taking an even greater license than if you wanted to handle it as say an allegory ...if you ask me, a real stretch like that is par for the course with these New Knoxville Gnostics...with wierwille’s penchant for reading between the lines of Bible passages and promoting the way corps program as a means to gain an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness- - I kinda think there’s a virulent strain of  Gnosticism  In TWI’s DNA...with the focus on achieving success or spiritual maturity by means of some secret knowledge.

Edited by T-Bone
Clarity and formatting
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I’ll tell you what a real stretch is - wierwille   taught t in PFAL “the Bible means what it says and says what it means” ...however wierwille promoted the way corps to folks as the best way to get into “the greatness and depth of The Word”...

...ah yes, the way corps program - a magical kingdom ruled by a sexual predator (wierwille) who was ruled by his own inner demons; he practiced the fine art of literary alchemy - a seemingly magical process of transforming what  the Bible might plainly state into whatever he wanted it to say...also known as pulling an answer out of your a$$...or the abbreviated version: bull$hit.

wierwille’s “ministry “ was really two-faced; he said one thing to the general TWI audience but the “heavy stuff” was usually reserved for those admitted to the inner sanctum (the way corps) - where he would elaborate, read between the lines, or flat out just claim “the father showed me”...

...I did say the heavy stuff was “usually reserved” for the corps but now thinking back to when I took his Christian Family and Sex class and heard his interpretation of the original sin being masturbation - as far as this discussion goes - I tend to think there is an even bigger elephant in the room ...think about it...wierwille not only sexualized the passage , and even went over slang terms, sexual positions, anatomy , etc. all the while conveying an I’m-so-spiritually-mature-that-none-of-this-fazes-me-and-if-you’re-uncomfortable-with-any-of-this-just-renew-your-mind attitude to the students;  thus he ever so subtly encroached - personal - intimate boundaries and laid the groundwork for what he would say to justify himself to those who he sexually molested.

== == ==

There’s a whole other problem I have with wierwille’s and craig’s idea of the original sin - they take a very ambiguous passage that lacks a lot of detail and imbue it with a very specific interpretation...that’s going way beyond the data of the text , taking an even greater license than if you wanted to handle it as say an allegory ...if you ask me, a real stretch like that is par for the course with these New Knoxville Gnostics...with wierwille’s penchant for reading between the lines of Bible passages and promoting the way corps program as a means to gain an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness- - I kinda think there’s a virulent strain of  Gnosticism  In TWI’s DNA...with the focus on achieving success or spiritual maturity by means of some secret knowledge.

T-Bone, excellent post!:love3: