GreaseSpot Cafe

Recently Returned to the Roman Catholic Church

modwildcat

11 hours ago, Raf said:

I honestly had no memory of him being a moderator. I had to do some digging to piece it together. Pretty sure there was a specific reason, but it's erased from my memory.

Welcome back, oldiesman.

Rather astonished that you went to any Trinitarian church, much less the RC's. What changed your mind?

HI Raf, thank you for the welcome back!   I have a real good friend where I live in NY who's a devout Catholic who urged me to go and I'm so happy that I did.   Although I still retain some TWI teachings, its a process to put them off and put on profound truths that I didn't learn in TWI.   Perhaps somebody taught it but I wasn't paying much attention?  

https://www.biblestudytools.com/rhe/passage/?q=john+6:51-71;+john+6:66    Eat Jesus' flesh, drink his blood.?   Never delved into those in TWI but He said it.    Catholics believe Jesus comes back spiritually in the Eucharist its a spiritual mystery, spiritual phenomenon.

I have heard it said that the Mass is like time travel... you are there with Jesus experiencing his sacrifice and all that it means.    WOW.   In God there is no time, God dwells in eternity.

Here's something else.    Jesus is returning?   How about he is returning all the time in the Eucharist?       How about he already returned in 70 A.D.?

Have you studied Preterism?    They say that Catholics are partial preterists?     

It's the doctrine that the body of prophesy of the end times has already been fulfilled in 70 A.D.   There is no "return" as we thought of in TWI.    No "gathering together."

just to pre-empt: Oldiesman is talking about his journey. If you'd like to debate him doctrinally, take it to doctrinal. If he says this is what convinced him, this is what convinced him. Period.

Thanks for sharing.

13 hours ago, oldiesman said:

It's the doctrine that the body of prophesy of the end times has already been fulfilled in 70 A.D.   There is no "return" as we thought of in TWI.    No "gathering together."

What is this?  Huh?  Is this specific RC doctrine, or something taught where you go, Oldies?  Maybe you could expound a bit in Doctrinal?