GreaseSpot Cafe

End times viewpoints

1 hour ago, Infoabsorption said:

Mark, you completely missed the point I was trying to make. This historical record came from someone with no Christian bias who could be motivated to make up something that really didn't occur. Now it seems Christians are the one's who are insinuating that Josephus was making up stories.

What NON-Christian person are you referring to and what article are you using as a reference? You are ignoring one of my points and questions that I asked you. What is "WAR"? Is this someone writing about a first century war?

1 hour ago, Infoabsorption said:

Mark, you completely missed the point I was trying to make.

Apparently you missed the point of my post. 

But, no worries.  (Tends to happen more when there's an agenda involved.)
I don't care to get any deeper into it.

Isaiah 2:2-4

2 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
That the mountain of the Lord's house
Shall be established on the top of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And all nations shall flow to it. 
3 Many people shall come and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways,
And we shall walk in His paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. 
4 He shall judge between the nations,
And rebuke many people;
They shall beat their swords into plowshares,
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
Neither shall they learn war anymore. 

NKJV

If this is prophetically showing the Second Coming of Jesus Christ then it says that we will not have wars in this future period of time with an obvious decrease in weapons.  Instead during the last few centuries weapons have greatly increased. And today we even have nuclear weapons. Have we had wars in the last few years and last centuries?  YES!!! 

Please forgive me for rambling.  Occam's Razor says that-if we have competing explanations that fully explain something- we should accept the simpler explanation as correct until other evidence changes that.  My chemistry professor in college said that there's a corollary to Occam's Razor that says that- if there are 2 or more competing explanations for something, and none of them FULLY explains it- then ALL of them are WRONG.  (He said this in the context of explaining light. Was light a particle or a wave? Neither explanation FULLY explains light, and there's evidence AGAINST both as well as FOR both.  Therefore, we still don't understand light.)  I think that's sound reasoning.

Subject change....I've noted that the Bible claims in at least one place that ONE prophecy referred to TWO different events, separated by time and space.  If one accepts the Bible as authoritative in this (if not, then this won't matter to you or mean anything to you).  then that's what happened.  Perhaps one can consider the postulate- If a prophecy seems to explain 2 different events in the future, but neither perfectly, then it may refer to BOTH, it may be a prophecy of BOTH.

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Please forgive me for rambling.  Occam's Razor says that-if we have competing explanations that fully explain something- we should accept the simpler explanation as correct until other evidence changes that.  My chemistry professor in college said that there's a corollary to Occam's Razor that says that- if there are 2 or more competing explanations for something, and none of them FULLY explains it- then ALL of them are WRONG.  (He said this in the context of explaining light. Was light a particle or a wave? Neither explanation FULLY explains light, and there's evidence AGAINST both as well as FOR both.  Therefore, we still don't understand light.)  I think that's sound reasoning.

Subject change....I've noted that the Bible claims in at least one place that ONE prophecy referred to TWO different events, separated by time and space.  If one accepts the Bible as authoritative in this (if not, then this won't matter to you or mean anything to you).  then that's what happened.  Perhaps one can consider the postulate- If a prophecy seems to explain 2 different events in the future, but neither perfectly, then it may refer to BOTH, it may be a prophecy of BOTH.

WW, I don't know Jack about light, but I can offer a simple explanation about the Bible.  In my opinion, people usually believe what they want about the Bible; it may or may not be right.  

end times or time ending happens to everyone

the Revelation of Jesus Christ If it's Christ in you, then where is he going to come from?

Not seeing Jesus Christ does not mean he left. Vanishing or disappearing is not the same as leaving.

Or maybe Jesus and God are "somewhere" playing cards waiting to blow up the world to save a few.

If you can see from a different viewpoint, and you can, it might look a little different with the same elements.

Instead of something happening externally, maybe internally is where it begins and ends, ends and begins.

Edited by cman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

WW, I don't know Jack about light, but I can offer a simple explanation about the Bible.  In my opinion, people usually believe what they want about the Bible; it may or may not be right.  

Probably true.  It's probably also true that people are naturally inclined towards thinking if they just try to be good, or do the best they can, that it will be "good enough" before a good and righteous judge at the end of life.  But you know, how different do you really think that is from what Cain might have thought when he brought what he had before the Lord in Genesis 4:3? 

Edited by TLC

On 8/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, Mark Sanguinetti said:

What NON-Christian person are you referring to and what article are you using as a reference? You are ignoring one of my points and questions that I asked you. What is "WAR"? Is this someone writing about a first century war?

Mark, Josephus was the non-Christian person I was referring to. He was a Jew who was originally apart of the Zealot rebellion that broke out in 66AD and was captured by Roman forces in 67AD. Israel instigated the war on Rome and Rome returned and destroyed Jerusalem & the Temple( sanctuary). This destruction was mentioned in Daniel 9: 26: And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Btw, Daniel 9:26 is a reference to the Roman general Titus who did exactly what the verse described. That occurred in 70AD. This is NOT a future Jerusalem where the "Anti-Christ" is supposed to destroy the city & a third temple. 

Josephus had no motivation to lie about the supernatural events that occurred in the skies above Jerusalem from 66-70AD that he described in his book Wars of the Jews. 

here is a link to Josephus book: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2850/2850-h/2850-h.htm

Edited by Infoabsorption

Here are prophetic scriptures that show that during the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ that Life will be  prolonged and health improved. It also says that people will live to be over 100 years old. There will still be death, but longer lives. In contrast to today we have cancer and other illnesses shortening people's lives.

Isa 33:24

24 No one living in Zion will say, "I am ill";

and the sins of those who dwell there will be forgiven.

NIV

The city of Zion was used figuratively in Isaiah 60:14 as the city of the Lord or the Holy One of  Israel.  The spiritual meaning of Zion is continued in the New Testament, where it is given the Christian meaning of God's spiritual kingdom, the city of the living God (Heb 12:22; Rev 14:1)

Isa 65:20

20 "Never again will there be in it

an infant who lives but a few days,

or an old man who does not live out his years;

he who dies at a hundred

will be thought a mere youth;

he who fails to reach a hundred

will be considered accursed.

NIV

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

• 4 weeks later...