GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way "Gift Ministries"

chockfull

3 hours ago, Taxidev said:

This is actually the natural way of finding the leader.  They are part of the group, but have a tremendous influence on the others in the group.  They can all see the leadership qualities of that person, and that person is a true leader.  As opposed to the boss, who just gives orders, and garners resentment.

Good for you, you most certainly did NOT take that the wrong way.

Very good point. I wonder how many of us understand what makes a successful alpha male?

Edited by Rocky

8 hours ago, T-Bone said:

So I need to master the bipedal swagger :biglaugh:

interesting video, thanks Rocky

I don't know about the swagger, but the video may hold some clues as to how or why the Mormon church is far more successful that the small time cult based in New Knoxville, OH. Not that I'm interested in the Mormons either.

Ok – I watched the video again…there's a lot of insight into the nature of politics and the dynamics of groups & organizations in this short clip! ...and perhaps you’re referring to the alpha chimpanzee being impartial when “settling disputes” -  are you drawing some comparison with the Mormon’s treating women with respect / abuse is grounds for excommunication – versus wierwille and his ilk treating women like second class citizens? I dunno…just guessing here…once again – I’m sorry for going off-road on this thread.

38 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Ok – I watched the video again…there's a lot of insight into the nature of politics and the dynamics of groups & organizations in this short clip! ...and perhaps you’re referring to the alpha chimpanzee being impartial when “settling disputes” -  are you drawing some comparison with the Mormon’s treating women with respect / abuse is grounds for excommunication – versus wierwille and his ilk treating women like second class citizens? I dunno…just guessing here…once again – I’m sorry for going off-road on this thread.

No, that's not what I was getting at.

The Mormon church is obsessed with taking care of the social and economic needs of its members... unlike TWI.

Is that clear enough?

Thanks for asking for clarification.