GreaseSpot Cafe

Severing Family/Church Ties and ....The Destruction of Self

skyrider

On 10/9/2018 at 3:21 AM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Shift, yes I read what he said about you. All of us need help from God-everyday.  I think you may be jealous that DWBH is smarter than you, and had a higher position than you in TWI.  

so dwbh was one of those evil mean leaders that possibly kicked people out for no reason ? and you say i may be jealous ? jealous of what ? you have no idea who i am or what my position is. wow ! try to have a nice civil conversation here and you and whats his name attack me.  I got f'd over by a few evil   mean aye whole leaders that on here on gs. they finally got kicked  out. yeah i got f'd over but i got back in and put all that crap behind me. as long as twi teaches the rightly divided word of GOD i will stick around. I attended several offshoots in the late 80's -90's at various times and it was the same mean arrogant leaders that left or were kicked out running them. and a lot of what  they did was talk sheet about twi. twi is made up of people and WE all have imperfections ,make mistakes and if you can understand that it will make life easier. when there are leaders that are aye wholes is were a problem lies because its your word against theirs and most of the time the leader is believed.

Hey Canshiftshit!

i was never kicked out. I RESIGNED. The coward brainwashed racist, fascist, Aryan wierwille worshippers like YOU are the “faithful remnant” of way-brained fools still dumb enough to think that ANY THING wierwille said or did was somehow in some way related to the authentic Christianity of Jesus Christ. Well stuck-on-stoopeed can’tshiftshit, again, you have proven magnificently EVERY WORD I said to and about you. Be careful! It could just be another “troublemaker inspired utterance by revelation, or prophecy”!! 32 years and i’m really good at it now!

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shiftthis said:

so dwbh was one of those evil mean leaders that possibly kicked people out for no reason ? and you say i may be jealous ? jealous of what ? you have no idea who i am or what my position is. wow ! try to have a nice civil conversation here and you and whats his name attack me.  I got f'd over by a few evil   mean aye whole leaders that on here on gs. they finally got kicked  out. yeah i got f'd over but i got back in and put all that crap behind me. as long as twi teaches the rightly divided word of GOD i will stick around. I attended several offshoots in the late 80's -90's at various times and it was the same mean arrogant leaders that left or were kicked out running them. and a lot of what  they did was talk sheet about twi. twi is made up of people and WE all have imperfections ,make mistakes and if you can understand that it will make life easier. when there are leaders that are aye wholes is were a problem lies because its your word against theirs and most of the time the leader is believed.

Shift; your post is so poorly-written, I can't read it. Quite frankly, I don't know you, and I don't want too.  

1 minute ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Hey Canshiftdang!

i was never kicked out. I RESIGNED. The coward brainwashed racist, fascist, Aryan wierwille worshippers like YOU are the “faithful remnant” of way-brained fools still dumb enough to think that ANY THING wierwille said or did was somehow in some way related to the authentic Christianity of Jesus Christ. Well stuck-on-stoopeed can’tshiftdang, again, you have proven magnificently EVERY WORD I said to and about you. Be careful! It could just be another “troublemaker inspired utterance by revelation, or prophecy”!! 32 years and i’m really good at it now!

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha!

there you go again calling me racist. i am part african negro and i  never worshipped were willy.  who are you ? and you really need mental healing. i have never read so much bitterness and hate toward me by someone i dont know. twi might have its faults but one thing is for  sure the word of GOD twi taught me got  me delivered from a lot and i have been getting my prayers answered for many years and am  at peace on the inside. you dont need to come to a twi fellowship to get answers to prayer but you do need to go to the Bible and claim the promises. i hope you do that and get healed.

20 minutes ago, shiftthis said:

You are one of the troublemakers that was kicked out and good riddance. You call me names and put me down and you never met me. how many other people did you do that to when you were going to a wi fellowship ? you are the type that are not welcome at any fellowship and i wouldnt hire you on my construction crew either. Look in the mirror and you see who one of the troublemakers are. IF you would keep your mouth shut and learn to love yourself and treat others with the love of GOD you will get rid of the spirits hanging around you and you will see how wonderful life can be. 

Shift, your post makes no sense at all! I'm not going to waste my time on it.

3 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Shift; your post is so poorly-written, I can't read it. Quite frankly, I don't know you, and I don't want too.  

sorry about that , i write the best i can. i never  did very good in english class. math, science , mechanics and electric are my strong suits.

11 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Hey Canshiftdang!

i was never kicked out. I RESIGNED. The coward brainwashed racist, fascist, Aryan wierwille worshippers like YOU are the “faithful remnant” of way-brained fools still dumb enough to think that ANY THING wierwille said or did was somehow in some way related to the authentic Christianity of Jesus Christ. Well stuck-on-stoopeed can’tshiftdang, again, you have proven magnificently EVERY WORD I said to and about you. Be careful! It could just be another “troublemaker inspired utterance by revelation, or prophecy”!! 32 years and i’m really good at it now!

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha!

i'm not aryan  i told you. i am  part african negro.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, skyrider said:

The Word of God truly is a Sword  ----  it was used in pfal to sever ties of family, friends, church and community.

Skyrider's initial post contained the above.

And it appears to me that that severance of ties in community continues right now on this forum.  The spat between DWBH and ShiftThis, and the way others are siding with one or the other (usually with DWBH),  surely demonstrates the heinous VPW's continuing effects.

Speak nicely, people.  Don't "honor" VPW by treating others with the disrespect that he treated all his peepul.

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

Skyrider's initial post contained the above.

And it appears to me that that severance of ties in community continues right now on this forum.  The spat between DWBH and ShiftThis, and the way others are siding with one or the other (usually with DWBH),  surely demonstrates the heinous VPW's continuing effects.

Speak nicely, people.  Don't "honor" VPW by treating others with the disrespect that he treated all his peepul.

Twinky, what spat are you talking about??  Shift and I are politely disagreeing with each other; I think your comment about VPW was way off.  

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 6:36 AM, shiftthis said:

I was never told or taught to put my trust in VP. Those of us in the fellowships I attended were taught to put our trust in GOD. Look to GOD for answers, worship GOD, put GOD first etc. VP was the name of the teacher and that was all. VP's name rarely came up when he was alive. Thats the way it was in the fellowships I attended. One thing is for sure and that is the Word works when applied ans believed. Anyone including me can prove it doesnt word by not believing it but when I have believed it my prayers have gotten answered. My focus has always been on GOD and not the ministry. The ministry is made of people like us that research the Bible and teach it.

The exact wording was never "and you put your trust in wierwille."  It wasn't QUITE that transparent- as everybody else can see pretty clearly.

HOWEVER,  if anyone reading the Bible while it "interpreted itself" and came up with a different conclusion than vpw,  vpw clamped down HARD on them, and that trickled down.  The vpw way to do things was the ONLY way to do things.  He was quoted on all sorts of subjects as if he was an expert on EVERYTHING because we thought he was an expert on the Bible.  And there was plenty of NONSENSE among all of that.  His conspiracy theories alone were enough to qualify him as an obvious loony.  His crackpot ideas about medicine were, at best, HIGHLY questionable.  Ever hear an OB/GYN doctor say that the only LEGIT craving a pregnant woman could have was for SALT?  vpw rattled that off.  Ever hear a medical doctor or a nurse say that there was no difference between starches or sugars and drinking alcohol?  vpw said that if you had a piece of pie for dessert, you ended up consuming "more GRAIN ALCOHOL" than if you'd had a few drinks.   (That made it onto an SNS tape, straight from his mouth.) 

Anything vpw said about the Bible was ACCEPTED WITHOUT EXPLANATION.  I once made a point without prefacing it "and vpw said it meant this" because I read something logically. (Objective observers later said I was right.)  I wasn't asked "Why do you say that?" I was told "you CAN'T say that."  Later, someone tried to repeat that to me. I paused in showing them why it was sensible to ask "If vpw said that was the case, would you accept it without explanation?"  "Of course I would."   That was a Country Coordinator.

I think you SAW, but did not OBSERVE.  Even with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, everything's still being seen through the twi filter where vpw did no wrong.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

The exact wording was never "and you put your trust in wierwille."  It wasn't QUITE that transparent- as everybody else can see pretty clearly.

HOWEVER,  if anyone reading the Bible while it "interpreted itself" and came up with a different conclusion than vpw,  vpw clamped down HARD on them, and that trickled down.  The vpw way to do things was the ONLY way to do things.  He was quoted on all sorts of subjects as if he was an expert on EVERYTHING because we thought he was an expert on the Bible.  And there was plenty of NONSENSE among all of that.  His conspiracy theories alone were enough to qualify him as an obvious loony.  His crackpot ideas about medicine were, at best, HIGHLY questionable.  Ever hear an OB/GYN doctor say that the only LEGIT craving a pregnant woman could have was for SALT?  vpw rattled that off.  Ever hear a medical doctor or a nurse say that there was no difference between starches or sugars and drinking alcohol?  vpw said that if you had a piece of pie for dessert, you ended up consuming "more GRAIN ALCOHOL" than if you'd had a few drinks.   (That made it onto an SNS tape, straight from his mouth.) 

Anything vpw said about the Bible was ACCEPTED WITHOUT EXPLANATION.  I once made a point without prefacing it "and vpw said it meant this" because I read something logically. (Objective observers later said I was right.)  I wasn't asked "Why do you say that?" I was told "you CAN'T say that."  Later, someone tried to repeat that to me. I paused in showing them why it was sensible to ask "If vpw said that was the case, would you accept it without explanation?"  "Of course I would."   That was a Country Coordinator.

I think you SAW, but did not OBSERVE.  Even with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, everything's still being seen through the twi filter where vpw did no wrong.

WW, bingo!  Excellent post!

On 10/9/2018 at 6:41 AM, shiftthis said:

you havent a clue dude. At least I have a wonderful life and all my prayers get answered. At least I make GOD my focus instead of focusing on crap that some people in the ministry did. So if you claim I have a waybrain thats fine with me cause I will just get more answers to prayer. For someone to say i am FOS just shows the mental illness you have and the deliverance you need. If you took all that energy and aimed it toward GOD you might just start having a wonderful life that you can share with others.

STANDARD response.  "All of you focus your lives on the evils of twi".  As if we spend all our lives here.   Seriously, someone's feeding all of you the same handful of lines. It happened in twi- which is why your "we look only toward God" post looked rehearsed, and this response is equally standardized.  Until you actually do the thinking for yourself, you're going to pretty much be subject to whoever's writing your scripts.  At least become aware someone's feeding you lines and you're just repeating them here.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, shiftthis said:

"so dwbh was one of those evil mean leaders that possibly kicked people out for no reason ?"

Nobody said that. This is what vpw called "private interpretation."  (BTW, he was incorrect in his usage of the term.)  DWBH's story is well-documented here and fully detailed. He REFUSED to kick people out. He tried to get them help- and that's when twi fell on him like a falling safe.

"as long as twi teaches the rightly divided word of GOD i will stick around."

As long as one is determined to stay in twi, it's impossible to exercise 20/20 hindsight.  Even with people providing examples. One remains sentenced to repeating twi's catchphrases and unable to discuss them outside or repeating the official line on anything.

"I attended several offshoots in the late 80's -90's at various times and it was the same mean arrogant leaders that left or were kicked out running them."

These people were fully trained by twi, and considered fully qualified to lead by twi. And you found them unfit to lead. So, you go back to twi and say twi's current leaders- who were fully trained by twi and considered fully qualified to lead by twi-  are fit to lead.   You don't see anything wrong with that?

"and a lot of what  they did was talk sheet about twi."

I imagine rape, plagiarism, and other felonies were discussed quite a bit.  Funny how twi/vpw fans downgrade "vpw drugged and raped those women" to "talking sheet about twi."

"twi is made up of people and WE all have imperfections ,make mistakes and if you can understand that it will make life easier. when there are leaders that are aye wholes is were a problem lies because its your word against theirs and most of the time the leader is believed."

A) There's minimum standards leaders are to be kept to. Organizations have a fiduciary responsibility to run things in safe ways and not expose people to unneeded risks. If they do, there's systems in place to address the problems AND the unfit leaders.    But in twi, those systems were suppressed because vpw wanted absolute power with no checks nor balances, and his successors have felt the same way.  "We all have imperfections."  That's a really soft way to address people dying because of vpw/twi policies.  In fact, the only time the twi policies began to reflect reality was because the twi lawyers demanded twi conform to the law.  You've placed your confidence in a group that places you in a position of insignificance, and only looks out for you or your peers if the law requires them to do so.  You don't see anything wrong with that?

B) Seriously, you don't think the organization that taught these guys to lie and suppress information and everyone to believe the leader is still doing it, and on a bigger scale than the people who left and did that?  You left the amateurs at doing that to join the professionals at that practice.  You don't see anything wrong with that?

C) There's plenty of ex-twi'ers among Christians who don't do that.   BTW, is that the only reason you returned to twi from splinters? That a splinter abused you, so you went to the group that taught them to abuse?

20 hours ago, shiftthis said:

Translated into English: I drank the kool-aid and I became addicted to it. Further, claims that the cult Wierwille founded teaches "rightly-divided word of GOD" are nothing more and nothing less than an illusion.

13 hours ago, WordWolf said:

STANDARD response.  "All of you focus your lives on the evils of twi".  As if we spend all our lives here.   Seriously, someone's feeding all of you the same handful of lines. It happened in twi- which is why your "we look only toward God" post looked rehearsed, and this response is equally standardized.  Until you actually do the thinking for yourself, you're going to pretty much be subject to whoever's writing your scripts.  At least become aware someone's feeding you lines and you're just repeating them here.

what do you mean standard response ? nobody is feeding me lines. i write my own scripts. we dont discuss the past in fellowship. the Word is taught and i leave. I started going to wi fellowships in 1980. been wow and wd. if dwbh had approached me like you he and i could have had a good conversation. but he called me names and stuff and slandered me on a public forum. calling me a racist and aryan is slander. 

On 8/31/2018 at 4:47 AM, Taxidev said:

Thank you.  That's been my understanding of it for years.  But the wayers just kept on parroting back what VPW propounded, without even thinking about it.

I read the colatorals many many years ago. my only go to book for the last 20 years has been the Bible. I say and quote what the Bible says. Also i am not a wayer i am a christian.

Edited by shiftthis

On 10/9/2018 at 2:41 AM, shiftthis said:

you havent a clue dude. At least I have a wonderful life and all my prayers get answered. At least I make GOD my focus instead of focusing on crap that some people in the ministry did. So if you claim I have a waybrain thats fine with me cause I will just get more answers to prayer. For someone to say i am FOS just shows the mental illness you have and the deliverance you need. If you took all that energy and aimed it toward GOD you might just start having a wonderful life that you can share with others.

23 hours ago, shiftthis said:

You are one of the troublemakers that was kicked out and good riddance. You call me names and put me down and you never met me. how many other people did you do that to when you were going to a wi fellowship ? you are the type that are not welcome at any fellowship and i wouldnt hire you on my construction crew either. Look in the mirror and you see who one of the troublemakers are. IF you would keep your mouth shut and learn to love yourself and treat others with the love of GOD you will get rid of the spirits hanging around you and you will see how wonderful life can be. 

Of course you don't engage in name calling. You're a highly trained psychiatrist, right? Isn't that why you diagnosed mental illness in someone you claim to have never met?

Shift this also said: "right on ! speak nicely ! dont call people names or put them down." 

Edited by Rocky
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Of course you don't engage in name calling. You're a highly trained psychiatrist, right? Isn't that why you diagnosed mental illness in someone you claim to have never met?

Shift this also said: "right on ! speak nicely ! dont call people names or put them down." 

and that was after he called me name and put me down and continued to do so.

STANDARD response.  "All of you focus your lives on the evils of twi".  As if we spend all our lives here.   Seriously, someone's feeding all of you the same handful of lines. It happened in twi- which is why your "we look only toward God" post looked rehearsed, and this response is equally standardized.  Until you actually do the thinking for yourself, you're going to pretty much be subject to whomever's writing your scripts.  At least become aware someone's feeding you lines and you're just repeating them here.

13 hours ago, shiftthis said:

"what do you mean standard response ? nobody is feeding me lines. i write my own scripts."

I didn't mean that LITERALLY someone's handing you the contents of a post and saying "type this in."   Every pro-twi or pro-vpw person comes out with IDENTICAL ERRORS OF FACT about the GSC.   That's not a sign of people all doing their own thinking, it's the sign of people all quoting the same source without attribution. And that's down the DECADES.

"we dont discuss the past in fellowship. "

If I were running a scam of that type, I'd be doing everything I could to discourage people from digging up the disgraceful past as well. Exposing all the crimes, ruined lives, lies, and so on would not benefit the people running the scam. But things don't just "appear." The twi of today is the result of the twi of yesterday, which is the result of the older twi, and there's LOTS of things they'd be ashamed to stipulate to anywhere.

"the Word is taught and i leave. I started going to wi fellowships in 1980. been wow and wd."

I don't think you're aware of all the details of what you're being taught.  We were all fooled in part, once. Sooner or later, we saw some things slipped past our radars.  We were amazed what slipped our notice.  If you're still on "nothing is slipping my notice", you have a long road to travel.  And people who were in earlier than you, longer than you, and in higher positions than you have discovered things and left twi.

"if dwbh had approached me like you he and i could have had a good conversation. but he called me names and stuff and slandered me on a public forum. calling me a racist and aryan is slander."

Yet you react, often, like we're ALL doing that. You may not be aware of it.  See, when you do that, you can more easily rationalize away the content of our posts, and go back to what you were doing before.  It's like looking in a mirror and forgetting what your face looked like.

13 hours ago, shiftthis said:

I read the colatorals many many years ago. my only go to book for the last 20 years has been the Bible. I say and quote what the Bible says. Also i am not a wayer i am a christian.

SHAME on you!  How can you be in and not call yourself "A FOLLOWER OF THE WAY"?  If they catch you doing that, there could be consequences.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:27 AM, shiftthis said:

" as long as twi teaches the rightly divided word of GOD i will stick around. "

shiftthis, TWI does NOT teach the rightly divided word of God. Among their most egregious errors is their ultra-dispensational teachings based upon E.W. Bullinger's writings.

1 hour ago, Infoabsorption said:

shiftthis, TWI does NOT teach the rightly divided word of God. Among their most egregious errors is their ultra-dispensational teachings based upon E.W. Bullinger's writings.

Not true.  Just where do you think or suppose the "Way Tree" teachings came from?  Truth is that in practice (even if not as obvious in its doctrinal teachings), twi never actually aligned itself all that well with dispensationalism.  So, so many things (some being much more disguised than others) were right straight out of the old testament...  

Edited by TLC

The Way Tree structuring is NOT Biblical. This has been discussed at great length over the years. It would be impossible to address in one isolated post. I'm not even going to attempt to do this. If you need more detailed information, I would recommend using the search feature to do a more in-depth consideration of this false doctrine.