GreaseSpot Cafe

Eph 3:20 JOY! - my daughter left the Corp!!

AlohaAnn

I was involved with the Way International Ministry for over 20 years. PFAL class grad 1974, Advanced Class 1979, WOW Vet 1994-1995. I raised my family in the word, according to leadership. Three of my four children are Advanced Class grads. My oldest daughter went WOW after High School graduation, 1991-1992. When she came back home to Ohio, she married a wonderful man who was also raised in the word and involved with The Way International.

When the "dang hit the Fan" - Martindale and the leadership doing their "mark and avoid" trip - my family was kicked out for standing up to leadership (NO disagreements allowed or condoned). However, my firstborn and her husband stayed in. So we joined the ranks, like so many other God-Loving families, of being split apart. We had many years of little contact. She moved around the country, and they became ever more active in the new regime headed by Rivenbark and crew. 

I started constant prayer when she informed me that her husband, herself, and my two grandchildren were committed to becoming Way Corps - #37.  I have occasionally read the experiences of former Way Corps leadership who have left, on these forums. To mention I was "troubled" by the course their lives were headed is an understatement. They spent one year in-residence and became graduated Way corps leadership in the Post-Martindale Way international. Once again they moved across the country to serve in various leadership capacities.

With the horror stories of experiences endured while living at Headquarters, I was disturbed (heart and soul) when my beautiful daughter told me that her family was moving back to Ohio and living as staff Way Corps at Headquarters. NO-NO-NO-PLEASE GOD NO!!! They were (WERE) on staff for a few years...and this is why I wanted to share the GOOD NEWS OF GOD'S DELIVERANCE---

My daughter and son-in-law have moved away from New Knoxville and they resigned their Way Corps status!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!! i have been praying for them to wake up and it took being on the inside at the Way International Headquarters to finally open their eyes to the corrupt rot that infests that Ministry.

They bought a house and have secular jobs now. I just had a long conversation with my daughter and am thankful to know it was a fully-aware and committed joint decision to cut ties to the Way International and "lay low" in order to adjust to the real world.  She didn't go into details, but my heart leaped within me for joy when she told me, "Mom, I quit drinking their kool-aid!"

Our God Almighty is SO AWESOME!!! And His deliverance is available - in His timing. She's finally free!! Her husband and children are free!! I am so thankful that I learned the truth of God's Word via the classes and teaching of the Way, but after I left I experienced how large our heavenly Father is - He is not constricted in a box or by the dogma of The Way International. Now her family has that freedom to live a truly abundant life together.

My prayers have been answered. God bless for allowing me to share the fullness of my heart right now. Above all, I know you all know what this feels like.

Edited by AlohaAnn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Aloha Ann, welcome to Grease Spot and I’m so happy for you !!!!

I first took PFAL in ’74 and went to Advanced Class ’79 too ! Wow it’s almost like we’re twins ! :biglaugh:

I can relate to your excitement of when family disentangles themselves from TWI’s web of deceit. My wife and I were Family Corps and we left in the maelstrom generated by G33r’s passing of a turd paper. Our exit wasn’t anything as dramatic as what you described (standing up to leadership); we just slowly drifted away…after resigning our position, putting our relationship with TWI on hold and following up on what we thought were “red flags” in doctrine in practice…kept on drifting ever since…once you get used to it,  a self-directed journey is pretty nice…finding Grease Spot was a big boost to our confidence – that other folks saw these red flags too.

Family…yes family is a big deal! :dance:  …took me awhile to get that…in TWI it was pretty much shoved down everyone’s throat that you put God and the ministry first…but that all changed when we left…the way we raised our kids changed – not just a shift in what we thought was important for them to know, encouraging them to think, respecting personhood, etc. but also interpersonal-wise…for example, one of my new lifelong projects became working at being less and less of an a$$hole to my wife and kids…I’ve found a big secret to achieving that is simply following the golden rule – Luke 6:31, treat others the way I would like to be treated. my mindset used to be ensconced in way-dogma – so I had this vague idea that I should treat others the way I saw wierwille and certain other spiritual a$$holes treat people. Their rule was “it’s my way or the highway.”

Speaking of dogma - I love when you said “but after I left I experienced how large our heavenly Father is - He is not constricted in a box or by the dogma of The Way International.” I feel the same way…I'm now celebrating life outside the box on a daily basis…

Love, peace and best wishes to you and your family

T-Bone

Edited by T-Bone
perhaps my way is a different highway than yours...let's meet up at the next tourist trap
  • Upvote 1

Aloha to everyone who read my long story and especially my ex-TWI ohana (family) who responded. You all know exactly what to say and I am blessed! I told my daughter about GSC, maybe when the dust settles she will come on board and share her journey, ask questions from you "old-timers", and contribute. Thanks so much for the support here!

• Upvote 1

First, WELCOME, AlohaAnn, sounds like you've been a lurker for a while.  Good to know our historic posts are still helping people.  Well done on escaping yourself.

Second, FAB NEWS that your daughter has escaped.  I'm sure (as you've been out for a while) that your heart is leaping with joy.  You can build some healthy family ties and get to enjoy your grandchildren and be a lovely, "spoiling" granny.

Your daughter and her husband have a long way to go, but that they have seen for themselves that the emperor has no clothes is a great start.  They have seen enough to know that all is not well in Waybrain.  Now they need patience and help to disentangle themselves from the myriad lies in thought and behaviour.  You of all people know that they may well be a little weird in their thinking patterns.  Be patient, love 'em up big, especially the grandkids - they often have a lot of difficulty.

Haere mai!

:eusa_clap:   :beer:   :dance:

Edited by Twinky

On 8/18/2018 at 5:58 PM, AlohaAnn said:

I was involved with the Way International Ministry for over 20 years. PFAL class grad 1974, Advanced Class 1979, WOW Vet 1994-1995. I raised my family in the word, according to leadership. Three of my four children are Advanced Class grads. My oldest daughter went WOW after High School graduation, 1991-1992. When she came back home to Ohio, she married a wonderful man who was also raised in the word and involved with The Way International.

When the "dang hit the Fan" - Martindale and the leadership doing their "mark and avoid" trip - my family was kicked out for standing up to leadership (NO disagreements allowed or condoned). However, my firstborn and her husband stayed in. So we joined the ranks, like so many other God-Loving families, of being split apart. We had many years of little contact. She moved around the country, and they became ever more active in the new regime headed by Rivenbark and crew. 

I started constant prayer when she informed me that her husband, herself, and my two grandchildren were committed to becoming Way Corps - #37.  I have occasionally read the experiences of former Way Corps leadership who have left, on these forums. To mention I was "troubled" by the course their lives were headed is an understatement. They spent one year in-residence and became graduated Way corps leadership in the Post-Martindale Way international. Once again they moved across the country to serve in various leadership capacities.

With the horror stories of experiences endured while living at Headquarters, I was disturbed (heart and soul) when my beautiful daughter told me that her family was moving back to Ohio and living as staff Way Corps at Headquarters. NO-NO-NO-PLEASE GOD NO!!! They were (WERE) on staff for a few years...and this is why I wanted to share the GOOD NEWS OF GOD'S DELIVERANCE---

My daughter and son-in-law have moved away from New Knoxville and they resigned their Way Corps status!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!! i have been praying for them to wake up and it took being on the inside at the Way International Headquarters to finally open their eyes to the corrupt rot that infests that Ministry.

They bought a house and have secular jobs now. I just had a long conversation with my daughter and am thankful to know it was a fully-aware and committed joint decision to cut ties to the Way International and "lay low" in order to adjust to the real world.  She didn't go into details, but my heart leaped within me for joy when she told me, "Mom, I quit drinking their kool-aid!"

Our God Almighty is SO AWESOME!!! And His deliverance is available - in His timing. She's finally free!! Her husband and children are free!! I am so thankful that I learned the truth of God's Word via the classes and teaching of the Way, but after I left I experienced how large our heavenly Father is - He is not constricted in a box or by the dogma of The Way International. Now her family has that freedom to live a truly abundant life together.

My prayers have been answered. God bless for allowing me to share the fullness of my heart right now. Above all, I know you all know what this feels like.

Ann, yes!!!  Great news!

On 8/18/2018 at 3:58 PM, AlohaAnn said:

Hi AlohaAnn,

Thanks for your story.  In a "normal" church, local community church, local Catholic church, local denominational church, local interdenominational church, you would see multiple generations of people, happy and interacting with one another.

In a cult, you see families divided over the egos of the elite.  Elitism, excommunication actively in practice towards family members.  Like Scientology for instance.  Or the Way, obviously.

So when the rubber meets the road, the Way International really has more in common functionally with Scientology than it does with it's supposed brothers and sisters in the body of Christ in mainstream Christianity, denominational, or almost any other blend.

BTW I used to have the title Corps.  Until I realized it was driving towards Corpse.  So I dropped it and joined the land of the living like your kids, and you for that matter.

Peace, cheers, and a happy and long prosperous life with the Way in the rearview mirror!!!!!

:drink:

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 7:05 PM, AlohaAnn said:

Aloha to everyone who read my long story and especially my ex-TWI ohana (family) who responded. You all know exactly what to say and I am blessed! I told my daughter about GSC, maybe when the dust settles she will come on board and share her journey, ask questions from you "old-timers", and contribute. Thanks so much for the support here!

Ann, it's been a few months since your daughter left the Corps.  How is she doing in the "real world?"

On 8/28/2018 at 1:10 PM, chockfull said:

Hi AlohaAnn,

Thanks for your story.  In a "normal" church, local community church, local Catholic church, local denominational church, local interdenominational church, you would see multiple generations of people, happy and interacting with one another.

In a cult, you see families divided over the egos of the elite.  Elitism, excommunication actively in practice towards family members.  Like Scientology for instance.  Or the Way, obviously.

So when the rubber meets the road, the Way International really has more in common functionally with Scientology than it does with it's supposed brothers and sisters in the body of Christ in mainstream Christianity, denominational, or almost any other blend.

BTW I used to have the title Corps.  Until I realized it was driving towards Corpse.  So I dropped it and joined the land of the living like your kids, and you for that matter.

Peace, cheers, and a happy and long prosperous life with the Way in the rearview mirror!!!!!

:drink:

Chock:eusa_clap: