GreaseSpot Cafe

The Corrupt Rot at Twi's Headquarters

skyrider

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, AlohaAnn said:

......snip

With the horror stories of experiences endured while living at Headquarters, I was disturbed (heart and soul) when my beautiful daughter told me that her family was moving back to Ohio and living as staff Way Corps at Headquarters. NO-NO-NO-PLEASE GOD NO!!! They were (WERE) on staff for a few years...and this is why I wanted to share the GOOD NEWS OF GOD'S DELIVERANCE---

My daughter and son-in-law have moved away from New Knoxville and they resigned their Way Corps status!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!! i have been praying for them to wake up and it took being on the inside at the Way International Headquarters to finally open their eyes to the corrupt rot that infests that Ministry.

For those who have never been on staff at twi's headquarters.......

• The "corporate headquarters" is compartmentalized thru departments and areas of inter-connected work relations, not a way-tree structure.
  • It's a cult compound where a majority of workers serve in menial tasks.......housekeeping, grounds, food service, finance, multi-services, etc.
  • With wierwille and martindale eras, there was an inner-circle of yes-men, favorites, body guards, security, and sexual predation.
  • With rivenbark, some have reported on her *special relationship* with donna.....and two other women who once lived in her basement. 
  • Employment on staff is touted as "serving the Lord at the spiritual epicenter of twi"........no witnessing, no running classes.
  • And now, the Sunday "teachers" read their bland sermons with no deviation from script each week.

I would venture to say that......NOW.....[after 30-years since the mass exodus].......any corps grad who had been on field assignment for years THEN goes on staff is challenged by the double-standard hypocrisy that wreaks.  Anyone who has been paying attention should have seen this years ago......BUT.......going on staff at headquarters makes it painstakingly obvious!!

Not only does the pecking order, smugness and sheer boredom smack you in the face.......BUT.......those cascading questions of:

1. Don't these directors see that this place is little more than an echo chamber of elitism?
  2. What have I done?........selling all my furniture and moving to rural Ohio for this?
  3. What is my future going to be if I stay on staff?  Is there any upward mobility in this?
  4. What about my spouse?  my kids?  my retirement?  my life and fulfillment?
  5. Shouldn't I be making strides on my career?  home ownership?  equity & retirement?
  6. How can this possibly be God's will?.......living in a secluded cult compound for what?
  7. If I don't look after myself, who will?  Do they really have any genuine interest in me?  [Nope.]
  8. If this ministry is corrupt at the root, then it must be diseased everywhere?  [Yep.]

There is NOTHING like getting smacked upside the head when you know that you've seen red flags for years, and years. 

Going to headquarters and working on staff.......has jolted many from their slumber.

Happy Trails To You..........and plan to never pass that way again.

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That reminds me of the kettle and the frog. As long as the frog is in the kettle while it heats, it doesn't notice the temperature increase. BUT drop the frog into a warm kettle of water and he'll notice that right away and jump out!  

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2018 at 11:07 AM, skyrider said:

For those who have never been on staff at twi's headquarters.......

• The "corporate headquarters" is compartmentalized thru departments and areas of inter-connected work relations, not a way-tree structure.
  • It's a cult compound where a majority of workers serve in menial tasks.......housekeeping, grounds, food service, finance, multi-services, etc.
  • With wierwille and martindale eras, there was an inner-circle of yes-men, favorites, body guards, security, and sexual predation.
  • With rivenbark, some have reported on her *special relationship* with donna.....and two other women who once lived in her basement. 
  • Employment on staff is touted as "serving the Lord at the spiritual epicenter of twi"........no witnessing, no running classes.
  • And now, the Sunday "teachers" read their bland sermons with no deviation from script each week.

I would venture to say that......NOW.....[after 30-years since the mass exodus].......any corps grad who had been on field assignment for years THEN goes on staff is challenged by the double-standard hypocrisy that wreaks.  Anyone who has been paying attention should have seen this years ago......BUT.......going on staff at headquarters makes it painstakingly obvious!!

Not only does the pecking order, smugness and sheer boredom smack you in the face.......BUT.......those cascading questions of:

1. Don't these directors see that this place is little more than an echo chamber of elitism?
  2. What have I done?........selling all my furniture and moving to rural Ohio for this?
  3. What is my future going to be if I stay on staff?  Is there any upward mobility in this?
  4. What about my spouse?  my kids?  my retirement?  my life and fulfillment?
  5. Shouldn't I be making strides on my career?  home ownership?  equity & retirement?
  6. How can this possibly be God's will?.......living in a secluded cult compound for what?
  7. If I don't look after myself, who will?  Do they really have any genuine interest in me?  [Nope.]
  8. If this ministry is corrupt at the root, then it must be diseased everywhere?  [Yep.]

There is NOTHING like getting smacked upside the head when you know that you've seen red flags for years, and years. 

Going to headquarters and working on staff.......has jolted many from their slumber.

Happy Trails To You..........and plan to never pass that way again.

Sky, years ago I joined the Navy to better myself.  Many people told that because I was an AC Grad, I should go into the Corps.  Your post lists the reasons why I am glad I choose the Navy over the Corps. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Being on staff is the prime location to be under the thumb of micromanagers.   That would also be an area where it would be telling to publish numbers on the average duration of a staff assignment.  From most recent information, there is not much longevity in those positions even though there aren't enough people to apply for them.

This reeks of a culture where people bite and devour one another, as predicted in scripture.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Being on staff is the prime location to be under the thumb of micromanagers.   That would also be an area where it would be telling to publish numbers on the average duration of a staff assignment.  From most recent information, there is not much longevity in those positions even though there aren't enough people to apply for them.

This reeks of a culture where people bite and devour one another, as predicted in scripture.

Chock, great post!  However, I think a lot of people realize TWI won't take care of them, today or in the future.  If TWI wants people to work at HQ, they need to pay their staff more money, and give them Medical, Dental, and a Pension Plan.

Just now, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Chock, great post!  However, I think a lot of people realize TWI won't take care of them, today or in the future.  If TWI wants people to work at HQ, they need to pay their staff more money, and give them Medical, Dental, and a Pension Plan.

Several on here have remarked upon stumbling across salary levels for the upper positions in the Way at HQ, and how dramatically different say a President's Cabinet member's salary is from say a Department coordinator only.   Most positions at the Way are minimum wage level from reports.  People live in trailers or a mobile home park or a dorm.   Anyone with any money (family / previous career)  lives in town.  Several changes were forced with the lawsuits.  Hours changed then at the Way going from an indefinite expectation to 40 hrs a week plus a limited amount of a volunteer time.  This was forced by legal exposure.   In the last 10 years reports I've seen are consistent with a lot of open positions at HQ, needing to do advertising in fellowships about it, then plenty of stories of people trying to go there and fill the positions and failing, either due to the culture there, or just not being able to take it being in that environment for very long.   There are consistent needs, not enough consistent applicants, and a high number of people failing even of those who do apply and take the jobs.  No, do not entertain any expectations of the Way taking care of you in the future due to thankfulness for your service.  No, their attitude is the Way owes you nothing but you owe the Way everything because the "greatness of the Word" they taught you saved your life.  

They suck.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Several on here have remarked upon stumbling across salary levels for the upper positions in the Way at HQ, and how dramatically different say a President's Cabinet member's salary is from say a Department coordinator only.   Most positions at the Way are minimum wage level from reports.  People live in trailers or a mobile home park or a dorm.   Anyone with any money (family / previous career)  lives in town.  Several changes were forced with the lawsuits.  Hours changed then at the Way going from an indefinite expectation to 40 hrs a week plus a limited amount of a volunteer time.  This was forced by legal exposure.   In the last 10 years reports I've seen are consistent with a lot of open positions at HQ, needing to do advertising in fellowships about it, then plenty of stories of people trying to go there and fill the positions and failing, either due to the culture there, or just not being able to take it being in that environment for very long.   There are consistent needs, not enough consistent applicants, and a high number of people failing even of those who do apply and take the jobs.  No, do not entertain any expectations of the Way taking care of you in the future due to thankfulness for your service.  No, their attitude is the Way owes you nothing but you owe the Way everything because the "greatness of the Word" they taught you saved your life.  

They suck.

Chock, yes they do "suck."  Not only do they suck, but they are cheaper than He-l.  

On 9/1/2018 at 8:53 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Chock, yes they do "suck."  Not only do they suck, but they are cheaper than He-l.  

The families they pay minimum wage to live in a mobile home park they call "units".  They have strict living rules or "housing" rules governed I think by Donna last I heard where it's not even one family to a unit (read double-wide mobile home), but two families share a "unit" each with their own bedroom and sharing the common living room and kitchen area.  Families with 3? or more kids can have their own "unit".  

People there obey not only the myriad numbers of rules established in every little area of HQ, as it has been ruled by an over-the-top OCD micromanager for decades, but also the unwritten rules which are even more sinister, keeping people in bondage with bribery, hoping for the favor of the elite to raise them out of minimum wage doldrums with somewhat of a future.   Then after they've been on staff for more than 5 years there is an extreme fear handcuff that keeps them compliant and smiling little sheep.  No job at the Way has anything like a title that will prepare you for something in the real world.  As an extreme example of that, a current Board of Dummy member, JR, a few years back peeved at being passed over for the top position in spite of his valiant efforts to reframe his personality as a "yes maam" posted up his resume on a public site.  Grandiose titles, ridiculous accomplishments, and exactly how many phone calls do you think he received for job interviews?  Zero?  Then there is also the case of the demoted dummy member VP who now works in his own collection firm agency.  

Yes they are cheaper than h3ll and it is a story of a narcissist sex offender starting a cult and amassing like $80M to date with all of the frugality you get out of mistreating your employees.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, chockfull said:

The families they pay minimum wage to live in a mobile home park they call "units".  They have strict living rules or "housing" rules governed I think by Donna last I heard where it's not even one family to a unit (read double-wide mobile home), but two families share a "unit" each with their own bedroom and sharing the common living room and kitchen area.  Families with 3? or more kids can have their own "unit".  

People there obey not only the myriad numbers of rules established in every little area of HQ, as it has been ruled by an over-the-top OCD micromanager for decades, but also the unwritten rules which are even more sinister, keeping people in bondage with bribery, hoping for the favor of the elite to raise them out of minimum wage doldrums with somewhat of a future.   Then after they've been on staff for more than 5 years there is an extreme fear handcuff that keeps them compliant and smiling little sheep.  No job at the Way has anything like a title that will prepare you for something in the real world.  As an extreme example of that, a current Board of Dummy member, JR, a few years back peeved at being passed over for the top position in spite of his valiant efforts to reframe his personality as a "yes maam" posted up his resume on a public site.  Grandiose titles, ridiculous accomplishments, and exactly how many phone calls do you think he received for job interviews?  Zero?  Then there is also the case of the demoted dummy member VP who now works in his own collection firm agency.  

Yes they are cheaper than h3ll and it is a story of a narcissist sex offender starting a cult and amassing like $80M to date with all of the frugality you get out of mistreating your employees.  

Chock, excellent post! 

14 hours ago, chockfull said:

Oh,  chockfull........what you said brings back those memories.

In July 1981......(yeah, a long time ago)......going on staff from in-residence corps, my bi-monthly paycheck from twi was $235.00. 

• So, each month I received like $470........for like 200+ hours of work (50 hrs each wk)
  • Trailer #6 housed 12 singles......6 males in one bedroom & one bathroom/ 6 females on other side.
  • No common area / no sitting room /  no TV .......just a bedroom with 3 bunk beds and one bathroom on each side.
  • Cafeteria-style meals were available in the OSC......and you made sure to eat there (no time/money to drive into NK)
  • Married couples and families were assigned to "family units on grounds".....and those with seniority or $$ lived in nearby communities.
  • During summer months (esp. near roa time)......staff were assigned evening work detail (6:30-8:30pm).....especially us young men.
  • At supper, they would announce that they NEEDED such-and-such done.....and often, called out names for assignment.
  • In some respects, it didn't matter much......what else were we doing?
  • When you live a life of servitude.......it has little significance unless you're working.
  • With heavy-handedness....."your life was NOT your own" and therefore, you obeyed.
  • When young (23) and strong.......the long work days didn't matter much and drove away the boredom.
  • When 33 or more...........one is more apt to question, consider career, life fulfillment, family, long-range goals, etc.

If a person stays on staff passed 50.....40 years old, then their resume looks like sh!t to those in the real world. 

That is one of the reasons why Panar*llos, Moneyhands and others start splinter groups.  They have nothing else.

Edited by skyrider
At 40.....one's cult resume is sh!t-canned.
  • Upvote 1