GreaseSpot Cafe

About a year ago, I was all the sudden heavily irked and compelled to recall and reread the scriptures concerning the feedings of the multitudes. And I caught something special.

From there, I was drawn to the part of John the Baptist, and his eating of wild locusts and honey.

Strange contrast.

On my next post, I will state the absolute context in the times (or just before the times) of the Gospels.

GOD

Hello Everyone,

Please try to feel this out:

Poor Israel and its surroundings! A little sandbox of mixed religions and mixed appeals! Centuries of occupation after occupation and yet no empire could dispel the belief of the Jews "one true god". I do believe many officers within all invading forces expressed a certain affinity to this one true mixed god. What was the pull? Would they not see that the great statues of their own gods at home were greater?

On to Rome's occupation of the area....

In roughly 63 B.C. Rome got involved with the Pharisee/Sadducee civil war, siding with the Pharisees. Through some amazing processes Rome was there installing a regime that was more sympathetic to Rome. Certain economic and social  instabilities arose, and some people at this time became homeless and unemployed, but it wasn't until the death of Herod(the second?) that dang really starting hitting the fan. This quite obviously caused Rome to send more troops into the area to try and secure it from rioting and revelry. The poor will suffer the most, nothing new.

Now, Nomadic wanderers with their speeches of proclaiming about their pride in their own virgin mothers were always here and there, the law of the sand makes such people aggressive. But I'm sure there was certain time and place to shepard any stray families and turn them into the wandering fold. Starving, wretched people learned the ways of the criminal and were utilizing such skills in order to get what they need. There was always some type of possibilities of them redeveloping a new trade such as fishing and finally settling somewhere but time- incurred stubbornness made many of these people highly uncivil. All could say they were of the tribe of Benjamin, or tribe of Manneseh or whichever, and try to say that everyone is cousins but they and their group still will be thwarted from fishing in some particular spot.

A starving person will not have qualms with what sin is at this point.

I couldn't say if the punishment was dreamt up before the occupation of Israel, but it had it's grand utility.... and other forms of capital punishment for leaders of looters and rioters probably weren't working, so.... crucifixion shall be used.

Yes, thousands were crucified.

Why crucifixion? Think about it. Then... think about thinking about it. Then... think about thinking about it while starving and having a grubby set of wretched bullies saying that if you run away for fear of being caught during this food-raid they'll find your family first and then you.

I'll say this... what was said by many while hanging up on sticks, might've been recorded by nerdy little atrocity-tolerating(and perhaps eventually atrocity-loving) goofheads, such as "scribes".

Edited by Wraysed2
attempting clarity, I'm awful

GOD

Hello Everyone!

Try to feel this out:

Tempted for 40 days (there's that number, we know it must've meant alot back there and then) in the semi-arid desert wilderness, the Christ and his lonesomeness needed something new. I bet he stunk really bad. You can't go into town begging and/or pleading (successfully) stinking like that. Conversations will be abruptly canceled. Much unspiritedness.

Do people suddenly lose their sense of good hygiene in depressing or perilous aftermath? Sometimes. It's usually a slow, learned, laziness habit. Even with a stream just 20 feet away, some wretches prefer to be grungy. Not to say that people normally bathed everyday there and then. They did their skin-oils thing and nominally bathed once a week, I bet.

So, what does John the Baptist want? Well, I think he's a people-scientist that has discovered clean people have greater success. Any wretched, wandering splinter groups seeking to recombine with the "Baptist" group would speak forever about how they wish they'd thought of taking a bath before trying to beg or plead at such and such other town.

Miraculous discovery. It gets utilized.

Wow, I just went from talking a singular thing to plural without including the devil or the angels, and I don't even care.

I really don't mind at all.

Edited by Wraysed2
God; and addressing the people

GOD

Hello Everyone!

Oh, WOW, I did it. I actually reversed the (general) order of the baptism and temptation in the desert. I probably got that from watching too much Godspell the movie. But anyways, what I derived from Godspell's reversing of the order as well as the placement several steps in sequence later, shows me (and Godspell's authors might agree) that temptation occurs continually for "Jesus". So...mistake intended.

Now, I had also wanted to cover what I feel is blatant figure of speech. Metaphor. Replacement Talk still representing real people with real problems.

Eating wild locusts and honey. How often could come across the chance that all you have to eat is wild locusts and honey. Who would only want to eat wild locusts and honey. Who could imagine a universe of nothing but humans, wild locusts, and honey. Did John do it once? get stuck with it twice? got stuck with it for a week? a total slut? i mean, what?

and wtf does it matter that God wants you to know it as a f a c t u a l  t h i n g ? ? ? ? ? ? / ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ?   ?    ?     ?      ?       ?        ?         ?          ?           ?            ?             ?

It means to take the good with the bad and put it together, figure it out, and love the result, ect. ect.

And if it's allowed once, it's allowed.

Edited by Wraysed2
And if it's allowed once, it's allowed.

GOD

Hello Everyone!

Here we're going to cover some "Uncle Dave talk". Try to feel out the following:

We're going to go over the multitude feedings in Mark. It does seem to dress-up the comings and goings to and from the crowds in specific fashions that I haven't decided to see through just yet.

So... Mark 6:38 They have 5 loaves and 2 fish for the crowd of 5000 and 12 baskets of pieces of broken bread and fish are collected.

Jesus walks on water, does some other stuff. And the specifics to the in-between stuff may be important but for now...

Mark 8:5 They have seven loaves and a few fish for the crowd of 4000 and 7 baskets of just plain "broken pieces" are collected.

The Christ then takes opportunity to condescendingly remind them of the collections (as well as perhaps throwing them off with recalling the number of baskets as if that's important), and then condescendingly ask them, "Do you still not understand?". He's answered nothing really and Jesus needs a brisk smack to the chops....or....

He's throwing around some sassy-sling groovy talk.

What could be so important about the pieces? What is their utility?

He's going to feed multitudes?, do other miracles, die on a stick or tree, come back to life, go to the clouds?, and have you wondering what the pieces of fish, fish bone, leftover possibly viable seed if baked cold, fibrous material, and...and... and... huh... are for....

Now, experienced fishermen had developed tramell-netting by those times and constructing and mending such nets required some pretty good skills, to be sure. A noob better start with....say....the easily forgettable archaic and primitive basics.

Awwww....do you want fish?

Edited by Wraysed2

GOD

Hello All !

Try to feel out the following:

Here I'm going to show what improper (and unoriginal) sub-chapter titling causes. Hopefully you may see the circumstantial evidence that entire chapters and perhaps intrachapterally, there are long, sweeping, allegorical clauses that have very basic, everyday (or perhaps very mysterious) meanings.

for reference: I'm using NIV "gift and award" bible, The Zondervan Corp. ,....anyways....

I like the version in Mark 10:1. Subtitled "Divorce". and it starts with "Jesus then left that place...", and that's one hint right there that the end of chapter 9 flows into chapter 10, but anyways...

He gets off the boat, people crowd around, "Pharisees" come into play and wish to talk about lawfulness of divorce, the Christ then states it as he does, concisely, to the point, and with command of multiple points of the subject, enough to perhaps cause heated interruption and additional argument from the tempter-like figure. Have we learned anything more about divorce and adultery that wasn't anywhere else in the Bible? meh.

But...Oh my G, I did it again! I don't like the version in Mark. That's the one where it says "when they were in the house again".

Okay so in Luke, he tells a parable about the Pharisee and the Tax collector and is well composed around the children that people "were" "also" bringing him in the next sub-chapter. Usually kids should stay-away from the Jeezner, for a bit, if it were heated or more serious. The one in Matthew was the one I was thinking about. (Or I was mixing the adult situations with the children situations from different gospels. can you believe it????) Anyways... Matthew 19 It's given away again..."When Jesus had finished....". 18 flows into 19. So, the "Pharisees" come and dicker. Law and morality are redundantly restated with the added warm monkey of disciples chiming in on the subject later. Jesus needs to be ready to juggle children without dropping them in the next sub-chapter. It starts with, "Then little children were..."; more breaking of flow with silly subchapter titling.

I'm just going to blurt it out:  The Pharisees (at least, in these cases) are representational of doctrinal persuasiveness that may crop up from within in the group....of starving, homeless, wretched, wandering, irrational, dirty, ignorant, festering, flea-bitten, no good, gypsy freak, depraved, scorned and yet forgotten, people.

Does Jesus juggle adult situations and children situations well?

Should we not juggle with sub-chapters?

Or were real Pharisees continually tracking Jesus down all over wilderness just for five minute conversations on subjects such as divorce?

Edited by Wraysed2

GOD

Hello Everyone!

What I was going to illustrate about the Bible here, will have to be postponed or skipped because it appears that bibles (perhaps all) may have been altered by the Mandela effect. What bad luck.

No big deal. I will reference my hand-written gospels in a spiral notebook that I had left unfinished in 1999. Dorkily, I even wrote down the dialog of "Jesus" in red.

Alright, so I have to retrieve it. Hopefully the location hasn't been gizmoed by the Mandela effect as well.

Cheers - JMW

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm - just checked in after my vacation. I find myself wondering what you are on about and if you are on vacation,  or at least your head is,  in some very unusual place.

In other words,  what are you talking about? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A bit of abstract thought and thinking with some seemingly obscure notes being put together. Not heard much with anything related to the bible. Still, there is plenty of room to play like an artist or musician.

If you just started or been at it a while, I say bravo! Wraysed2.

Ah, yes, perfect history is in the Bible. Jesus juggles children directly after persecution. Not enough critical thinking to see placed coincidences. Merlin wins. blocks o stumblage, on and on. Write again, he will. John keeps eating locusts and honey exclusively.

meh ta 4, ale leh gory, fig yos o speech, never, gods matchless word into the pigs driving them off the cliff. prose like mine, prose like mine. 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:06 PM, Wraysed2 said:

My mom says people here complain too much and she no longer bothers with this forum. I will not do the same.

Ah, she's a former poster who left because of people complaining.   Well, she is free to do that.

Nobody's required to agree with you or to disagree with you.  We would, however, like to understand what you're trying to say. This is yet another request for you to make an effort to focus on one of your points and make it clearly.  Or, at least clearly state what you were trying to communicate even if you don't include the rationale or support for your position.

• Upvote 1