GreaseSpot Cafe

STFI and Finnegan join forces!

Hi Greasespotters!

Last month, Living Hope Ministry International, Finnegan’s cult, had it’s annual “Kingdom Fest” in NY. The usual suspects were there plus, the top leadership of CES/STFI, Ludwig Von Schoenheit and Dan Fraud Gallagher! They both had main stage teachings and “workshops” on various topics. It was truly eerie watching all those pimps congratulating themselves on each other! LOL! It was pathetic imo. Wonder how jalvis feels about not only losing his “ministry” 3X, but now having to face his old church’s wrath, and union with his arch competitor Vinny Finis?? What strange bedfellows brainwashed cultists make! LOL!

Two spent forces - join forces?  The sooner they trickle into the "Dead Sea" of their imaginations, the better for all of us, their barrenness obvious to all.

• Like 2

Not entirely surprised.

Finnegan gave up on "Once saved, always saved" abooooooout 17-18 years ago. Not sure when, but it roughly coincided with my leaving NY, which was 1999. 

So if Gallagher gave up on it, not surprised at all that they would find common ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raf said:

Not entirely surprised.

Finnegan gave up on "Once saved, always saved" abooooooout 17-18 years ago. Not sure when, but it roughly coincided with my leaving NY, which was 1999. 

So if Gallagher gave up on it, not surprised at all that they would find common ground.

$choenheit hasn’t given up on it though. Strange bedfellows. :doh:

Although the sad part (for them)  is that this is all about decreasing numbers and delaying the inevitable. They're not joining up because they're currently leaders of growing church organizations.  They're both drawing from the ex-twi crowd.  That number is smaller every year.  So, teaming up to put together the remaining numbers so they look bigger or to try to slow departures from their own groups, or something along those lines.

twi is progressively less relevant (although it still wrecks lives), and its ex-twi groups are likewise becoming less relevant.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Rejoice said:

They all just cannot let go of telling people they have the truth.  Sheesh....just go and live life!

There was this thing in some Monty Python skits, where a woman would say nothing all through the skit, while some strange problem appeared,  and was eventually dealt with.  As soon as the crisis was over, she spoke up- and started the whole thing rolling again.  Everyone looked at her with anger, and she burst out, crying "But it's my only line!"   So, without her line, she had nothing else to do there, so even if it was bad, she had to say it or she was useless and irrelevant.  Even if the line was useless or worse.

"They all just cannot let go of telling people they have the truth. Sheesh.... just go and live life!"

But, but.....it's their only line!

• Like 2

Finnegan became inpressed by Anthony Buzzard,  never been way, which is the source of my comment. I am not aware of any other non-x-way connections with Finnegan.

Buzzard's exposition against the Trinity put Wierwille's to shame. It also heavily influenced the One God/One Lord book by CES.

Buzzard is likely responsible for Finnegan's eventual position that salvation can be recanted/revoked/lost or whatever you want to put as the word there.

Buzzard's influence on me? The notion that The Word of God is not The Bible.

Sharp fellow.

I do not know if he still lives.

He was a muckety muck with the Worldwide Church of God back when.

Buzzard is affiliated with his non-accredited self-important Bible “College”, Atlanta Bible College. Vinny sent his heir apparent, son Sean, there to get his first fake, non-accredited degree....you know like the one pops got from Emporia and Rome City? Bwaaaahahahaha! Also, the VP apparent, Victor Paul Gluckin went there and amassed a couple of fake degrees himself. 

And, yes, Buzzard has his roots in Garner Ted Armstrong’s Worldwide Church Of God. His “college” serves as a degree mill for the leftovers of the church scattered around the world, as well as various congregational, alt-right fundamentalist churches. Vinny took his connections from TWIt worldwide outreach leftovers in Africa, The Philippines, and India and parlayed them into an impressive on paper mission operation garnering him affiliation with Buzzard, the college, and various other denominations and cults which funnel students to Atlanta Bible College. LHMI gets the fake legitimacy they crave just like their faddah-in-da-woid, and Atlanta Bible College gets new student referrals plus the image of having worldwide impact and outreach. Shams begetting shams to leave as inheritances to their sham kids! What a shame!

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2018 at 4:14 PM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Buzzard is affiliated with his non-accredited self-important Bible “College”, Atlanta Bible College. Vinny sent his heir apparent, son Sean, there to get his first fake, non-accredited degree....you know like the one pops got from Emporia and Rome City? Bwaaaahahahaha! Also, the VP apparent, Victor Paul Gluckin went there and amassed a couple of fake degrees himself. 

And, yes, Buzzard has his roots in Garner Ted Armstrong’s Worldwide Church Of God. His “college” serves as a degree mill for the leftovers of the church scattered around the world, as well as various congregational, alt-right fundamentalist churches. Vinny took his connections from TWIt worldwide outreach leftovers in Africa, The Philippines, and India and parlayed them into an impressive on paper mission operation garnering him affiliation with Buzzard, the college, and various other denominations and cults which funnel students to Atlanta Bible College. LHMI gets the fake legitimacy they crave just like their faddah-in-da-woid, and Atlanta Bible College gets new student referrals plus the image of having worldwide impact and outreach. Shams begetting shams to leave as inheritances to their sham kids! What a shame!

Didn't Ernest Martin(Star of Bethlehem) also come out from WCOG? He Started his group ASK-Ascertain Scriptural Knowledge?

On 10/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, Raf said:

Buzzard's influence on me? The notion that The Word of God is not The Bible.

I should have been more clear about this when I posted: 
We used to use "The Word" and "The Bible" interchangeably. Buzzard does not. He things the Bible contains God's Word, not that it IS God's Word. 

Just wanted to clear up what I meant.

Tom, you appear to be correct about Ernest L. Martin. I was not aware of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_L._Martin

1 hour ago, Raf said:

We used to use "The Word" and "The Bible" interchangeably.

Granted, most (in the Way) did... and occasionally (in certain casual conversations), I undoubtedly did also.  However, most times (in more thoughtful conversations) I was quite careful to note that the Bible wasn't actually "the Word of God, " but rather, "the revealed Word of God."  This was probably due, at least in part, to the much thought I had given trying to wrap by head around what the "logos" of John 1 meant.  After concluding that it (i.e., the Word) was spiritual, it only made sense that it wasn't the exact equivalent of "the Bible," which is physical.        

4 hours ago, TLC said:

Granted, most (in the Way) did... and occasionally (in certain casual conversations), I undoubtedly did also.  However, most times (in more thoughtful conversations) I was quite careful to note that the Bible wasn't actually "the Word of God, " but rather, "the revealed Word of God."  This was probably due, at least in part, to the much thought I had given trying to wrap by head around what the "logos" of John 1 meant.  After concluding that it (i.e., the Word) was spiritual, it only made sense that it wasn't the exact equivalent of "the Bible," which is physical.        

Seeking clarification on this point. Are you saying, the Bible (containing the revealed Word of God) does not contain ALL of the Word of God? 

To clarify my intent, I am not interested in arguing for or against, just understanding your point. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Seeking clarification on this point. Are you saying, the Bible (containing the revealed Word of God) does not contain ALL of the Word of God? 

Well, I did not say (and do not think) that the Bible contains the revealed Word of God.  Rather, I believe that it is the revealed Word of God.  

But, seems there is a bit more I would need to explain...

No, I do not believe that the Bible is (much less, might contain) ALL the Word of God, as I see the Word of God as Living (and hence, not something limited or bound.)  It is only the portion which was revealed to and written by (or perhaps for, if dictated) men (prophets, if you will) chosen by God to do so.  Furthermore, if the Bible should be defined (and I'm not saying it is) as ALL of what has God has ever given to said men and intended to be revealed, then it's rather likely that we don't have all the Bible, much less have perfection in what we do have of it. 

4 hours ago, TLC said:

Well, I did not say (and do not think) that the Bible contains the revealed Word of God.  Rather, I believe that it is the revealed Word of God.  

But, seems there is a bit more I would need to explain...

No, I do not believe that the Bible is (much less, might contain) ALL the Word of God, as I see the Word of God as Living (and hence, not something limited or bound.)  It is only the portion which was revealed to and written by (or perhaps for, if dictated) men (prophets, if you will) chosen by God to do so.  Furthermore, if the Bible should be defined (and I'm not saying it is) as ALL of what has God has ever given to said men and intended to be revealed, then it's rather likely that we don't have all the Bible, much less have perfection in what we do have of it. 

I appreciate the clarification of your position. 

On 12/28/2018 at 8:19 PM, TLC said:

I'm inclined to agree.  I'm convinced the actual Word of God is too expansive to be contained in what we now call the bible.  But it contains all we need to live a Godly life - 2 Peter 1:3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

While I'm sure there are other things involved in these "all things", we have enough of His Word to enable this.

12 hours ago, Taxidev said:

I'm inclined to agree.  I'm convinced the actual Word of God is too expansive to be contained in what we now call the bible.  But it contains all we need to live a Godly life - 2 Peter 1:3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

While I'm sure there are other things involved in these "all things", we have enough of His Word to enable this.

I don't think I can agree with that. But it's not important enough for me to go off on a long tangent.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, Rocky said:

I don't think I can agree with that. But it's not important enough for me to go off on a long tangent.

I doubt anyone here would seriously object much to any tangential discussion to this particular thread... 

Besides, I'm curious as to why (or what part) you don't think you can agree with.

8 hours ago, TLC said:

I doubt anyone here would seriously object much to any tangential discussion to this particular thread... 

Besides, I'm curious as to why (or what part) you don't think you can agree with.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:23 PM, Rocky said:

it contains all we need to live a Godly life

That's the part I don't necessarily agree with. There's far more complexity to life and society today than pretty much anyone would have imagined 2k years ago.

And getting dummies like Wierwille (or VF, DC, etc) to make pronouncements on what God may intend for applying to those complexities, seems silly to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

And getting dummies like Wierwille (or VF, DC, etc) to make pronouncements on what God may intend for applying to those complexities, seems silly to me.

The phrase you quoted was from me, and I never stated nor implied following these people, or any other mainstream ministers.  I believe what Jesus Christ said, that the comforter [spirit] would guide us into all truth.  That doesn't mean I never ask people if they understand a verse better than I do, but I look for that holy guidance from above.

So, yes, the bible does, and always will, contain all we need to live a Godly life.  The life principles in the bible can be applied to any and all situations.  It isn't dependent on what the new technology is or standard of living is, no matter how complex.

51 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

The phrase you quoted was from me, and I never stated nor implied following these people, or any other mainstream ministers.  I believe what Jesus Christ said, that the comforter [spirit] would guide us into all truth.  That doesn't mean I never ask people if they understand a verse better than I do, but I look for that holy guidance from above.

So, yes, the bible does, and always will, contain all we need to live a Godly life.  The life principles in the bible can be applied to any and all situations.  It isn't dependent on what the new technology is or standard of living is, no matter how complex.

I didn't imply that you did suggest following those people and I apologize if it came across that way. But I still don't believe that the Bible necessarily contains all of the guidance or information we need to live a Godly life. I'm not interested in proving anything (to you or anyone else), just stating my belief. :love3: