GreaseSpot Cafe
Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Rock of Ages 1972=Bud Morgan Film

I saw yesterday the full 60 minute Rock of Age Film produced by Bud Morgan, divided into 2 parts on You Tube. I believe this was the CBS Sunday Morning program This is the Life(not sure if that was the correct title). i think remembering it was edited down to 30/35 minutes. I haven't seen that since 1975. Boy, that was a Christian hippie Woodstock. DWBH with long hair and beard, Selah with Paul Vergillio and Kristiana Linder Perez, Pressed Down(boy Joe Fair was a kid). How many  of you remember that event?

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

I remember.  It was my first ROA and my favorite ... our local fellowship leader got a wealthy woman in town to donate the cost of the chartered bus we went on.  I was 17 at the time.  Nice memory.

• Like 1

Yes, I remember it well. It was at the end of my first year in the Way Corps. I'm in that film wearing a sweat suit, running down Wierwille Road with other members of the Corps. My to-be father-in-law at that time is the preacher on stage near the end who says, "May your tribe increase." He had no idea what he was really endorsing ... what a pity so many of us spent our youth as pawns spreading VPW's propaganda.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 10/9/2018 at 3:19 PM, Galen said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIjVWnhyKw

:)That is part 2, Part 1 has people coming to the Rock

I still have the CD's of Paulo Dionisio/Selah(not to be confused with the South African trio of more recent times), and Good Seed. Wish Joe, Paul and Ralph of Pressed Down had converted their records into CD format and likewise Joyful Noise(although I do have Ted's and Dean's cd's). I wonder what they think of Hillsong, Third Day, Newsboys, NewSong, Don Moen, Israel Haughton, Ron Kenoly, Bob Fits, and others.

BTW, whatever happened to Salty Oats and New Knoxville Green? Did they become part of Way Productions?

On 11/10/2018 at 11:49 AM, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

BTW, whatever happened to Salty Oats and New Knoxville Green? Did they become part of Way Productions?

inquiring minds want to know, also Sonrise and other bands mentioned that were not recorded on LP's/cd's