GreaseSpot Cafe
Raf

Random thoughts

Random thought for today: should I stop at the supermarket [store] on my way home this evening, and buy some more mince pies?  Hmm.

Well, maybe not so random, considering I ate the last but one half an hour ago.

Hey, willpower!  I went to the supermarket and bought not mince pies - but carrots and a cauliflower!

I was sitting in a bar in Thailand 2 years ago. Next to me was a 10 year old, yes 10 year old boy having a beer and smoking a cigar...real gangster lol...there is no minimum age there. Twinky...mince n cheese pie :)

Edited by Allan

Mince and cheese pie???????????

You know mince isn't meat, don't you?  It's chopped up mixed fruit (sultanas, currants, apples and such like, together with spices), sometimes a few nuts mixed in.  Originally called "mincemeat" - used to include mutton or beef, and is still traditionally bound together by suet (beef fat), but I don't know that that's always still a component.

Is mince pie and cheese an Ozzie speciality?

One my brother mentions, frequently:

"Every now and then, I really like a good [steak, Merlot, massage, whatever]!"  Do we infer, then, that you routinely prefer a BAD [steak, Merlot, massage, whatever]?  Isn't something you like, by definition, something you consider good?

George 

• Like 1