GreaseSpot Cafe

LCM

johniam

18 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Does anyone care?

Personally, I'd prefer it-it would be nice- if he's gotten his act together, and now helps people rather than hurting them, all because he understands now what went wrong before.

I'm not counting on it.

He's probably keeping his head down and avoiding headlines.  (He probably has someone in charge of making sure of exactly that.)   It would be of a piece with what we last heard about him.

• Like 1

I hear from a reliable source that he’s doing phone hookups now. Which really ....es me off. I think this is evidence that the leopard hasn’t changed his spots. Still a predator. But when has mental illness ever fixed itself? Given his views on counseling (we don’t have to pay for someone to help us when the way has all the answers!), I doubt he’s sought out help.

Edited by BecomingMe

1 hour ago, BecomingMe said:

I hear from a reliable source that he’s doing phone hookups now. Which really ....es me off. I think this is evidence that the leopard hasn’t changed his spots. Still a predator. But when has mental illness ever fixed itself? Given his views on counseling (we don’t have to pay for someone to help us when the way has all the answers!), I doubt he’s sought out help.

Presuming it's true (even if unverified), is that with an organization, or are people really signing up for a phone hookup with him specifically?

What I said once still applies if this is all true- since he'd still be the same guy doing this.

That is, his research skills are weak, and his understanding sub-standard.  His manner is ABRASIVE.  So, it's hard to get converts when people just want you to shut up.

People didn't line up to hear him teach because he was great- they did so because he was twi's head cheese and that conferred authority on him.  The only thing left if some group sn't propping him up is NOSTALGIA- and that's a TEMPORARY bump.  People in their 50s and up, and not many of them.  Just as people age out of twi, they'll age out of his hookups if only by dying of old age. 

For that matter, phone hookups are so 20th century.   If lcm's doing this, it's like trying to recreate vpw's success by appealing to hippie vibe NOW. 

Responding to WordWolf (sorry, i don’t have the “quote” thing down yet) - I do think there’s a style for everyone - meaning, he did appeal to a group of people, although much smaller than vp did. I’m not saying I disagree with your analysis; that’s all true, but a lot of people liked him and believed in him (misguidedly). Cult leaders are able to keep a certain number of followers, even if small, for a reason.

But, to answer your question, it’s old wayfers with no group. Just listening to him specifically.  And I don’t think he identifies with vp so much anymore. I think in his mind, he moved past vp in the 90s because I don’t remember him talking about vp much. I would guess he’s never stopped thinking of himself as THE man of God.

WordWolf, just an observation, for what it’s worth: your post seems angry. LCM doing “phone hookups” upsets me because of all the people he’s messed up. Do I detect a similar feeling from you?

Edited by BecomingMe
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BecomingMe said:

Responding to WordWolf (sorry, i don’t have the “quote” thing down yet) - I do think there’s a style for everyone - meaning, he did appeal to a group of people, although much smaller than vp did. I’m not saying I disagree with your analysis; that’s all true, but a lot of people liked him and believed in him (misguidedly). Cult leaders are able to keep a certain number of followers, even if small, for a reason.

But, to answer your question, it’s old wayfers with no group. Just listening to him specifically.  And I don’t think he identifies with vp so much anymore. I think in his mind, he moved past vp in the 90s because I don’t remember him talking about vp much. I would guess he’s never stopped thinking of himself as THE man of God.

WordWolf, just an observation, for what it’s worth: your post seems angry. LCM doing “phone hookups” upsets me because of all the people he’s messed up. Do I detect a similar feeling from you?

(When logged in, go to the post you want to quote and click the "quote" button at the bottom, like I just did.)

I've heard that his peers in the Way Corps didn't buy into him being special- and he resented that.   I think my comment about NOSTALGIA propping him up (temporarily) goes along with what you said about a (small) group of people who liked him (people on the field, who didn't know him beyond his official face.)   So, yes, OLD wayfers who refuse to move on, OLD wayfers with no group to work with, stuck in the past, living off nostalgia of "the good old days", afraid even to embrace newer technologies as they refuse to embrace other Christians. 

That appeals to a small, ever-shrinking group with no hope of recruiting new people.  That's a self-correcting problem over the long run.  Imagine the "appeal" of a static-filled phone hookup to a teenager from now.  It's sad if he hasn't learned any important life lessons of maturity or humility or even repentance, but there you go.

BTW, you might see my post as "angry" because you're angry. I have less anger for lcm- who was completely duped by vpw, who ruined lcm for any honest work and warped his thinking- than I do for vpw himself who did such things..... and I don't actually ever feel anger for vpw despite his rapes, druggings,  frauds, plagiarisms, charlatanisms, and so on.  Then again, I can coldly post in brutal honesty- like calmly discussing how many women vpw drugged before molesting or raping versus how many he just molested or raped while they were conscious.

• Like 1

I suffered under LCM's reign of terror.  He could be very manipulative - knew when to facemelt and when to play it quiet and sorrowful that (I) was so ... whatever he perceived me to be.  Some of his horrible words still ring in my ears.  I wish I could answer him back, now, and tell him that what he said was true (or not) but not in the way he meant.  Because now I have a genuine Christian relationship and I know God and the Lord Jesus are at work in my life as I reach out to help others as they would wish.

Anyway - what I've wondered since I first saw this thread was: I wonder how much retirement pension he gets?  Because if he was paid anything like the HQ staff, he was on such a low wage that pension contributions would have been minimal.  And he wouldn't have made up much in years in later "real" working life.  Perhaps that was supposed to be covered by the big pay-off he allegedly received.

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

I suffered under LCM's reign of terror.  He could be very manipulative - knew when to facemelt and when to play it quiet and sorrowful that (I) was so ... whatever he perceived me to be.  Some of his horrible words still ring in my ears.  I wish I could answer him back, now, and tell him that what he said was true (or not) but not in the way he meant.  Because now I have a genuine Christian relationship and I know God and the Lord Jesus are at work in my life as I reach out to help others as they would wish.

Anyway - what I've wondered since I first saw this thread was: I wonder how much retirement pension he gets?  Because if he was paid anything like the HQ staff, he was on such a low wage that pension contributions would have been minimal.  And he wouldn't have made up much in years in later "real" working life.  Perhaps that was supposed to be covered by the big pay-off he allegedly received.

If you're talking about Social Security, the average recipient gets something like $1,200 per month. That's why you sometimes hear horror tales of senior citizens resorting to cat food as a meal alternative.

6 hours ago, Twinky said:

I have no doubts his Social Security is tiny. And his twi payoff deal is what he's living off (as in, $zero rent and either someone else buys the groceries or he's getting cash for it. )

On 11/6/2018 at 2:42 PM, BecomingMe said:

sorry, i don’t have the “quote” thing down yet

You can do what WordWolf suggested for the entire post, or you can just highlight the section you want and you'll get a little popup that says Quote selection.  Click that and you'll get something like what I just quoted from you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What does that mean. Dukie?  LCM was insane, and caused so much pain and hurt?  Because that's the reality.

I suffered much because of this man and his perverted teachings.  It has stolen many years of my life.  It was painful.  It isn't now.  You will probably find most of the posters on this thread think similarly.   We post here of our experiences, not because we hang onto the past in an unhealthy way, but because it seems that many still don't know or understand.  It sounds rather like you are one of those people.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DukieLuv504Boy said:

So much pain so much hurt this is insane bros 

Is it insane that lcm caused so much hurt?

It is not.

It is human nature to be able to hurt people, and to be able to manipulate people, and to bully people. 

What's sad is that lcm had the capacity to skip all of those things, and chose not to. He instead chose to bully, manipulate, and hurt people.

That's come out of the mouths of many witnesses, and should be considered a matter of public record.

I'm curious what unhealthy thoughts on your part triggered a need to go to a discussion about lcm, where no one had posted for months, and renew interest in it, mainly by a vague suggestion that it was wrong to discuss lcm injuring people.  (So, to say it was wrong to discuss him injuring people, you posted in a thread about him injuring people, causing people to return to discussing lcm injuring people.  We were all doing other things these past several months before you brought this back up.

And if that was some sad attempt to accuse ALL of the eyewitnesses and ALL of the victims of being liars, then it failed.

• Upvote 1