GreaseSpot Cafe

I kinda accidentally wrote this novel...

JavaJane

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MHB47Z3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_5N-lCb644WFSC

hey, fellow GreaseSpots.  I wrote this novel as a way to help myself work through all the past s*** in my head from being involved in TWI.  (Still haven't worked through ALL of it - that may take the rest of my life.)

I started thinking about this main character in 2007 shortly before I left - mainly when I started really considering what free will actually is.  The story morphed from there into what it is now.  Some of it is based on my experiences in TWI, and some is based on others experiences.  And some of it is from other churches I have attended.

It is not a memoir by any means.  It is fantasy.  Urban fantasy to be precise.  Full of angelic and demonic beings.  The world is built using Christian writings as folklore, as well as drawing from worldwide myth and trying in local (to me) urban legends and magic traditions. 

Ray's voice is my current voice, post Way.  Amanda's voice is my old self from the time I was in. 

You can read it for free on Kindle Unlimited, or download it for 2.99 in the Kindle Store.  It is also available in paperback.

If you decide to read it and you enjoy it, please leave a review on Amazon.  I am writing under a pseudonym due to the subject matter.

You Greasespotters really helped me a lot and I am grateful.  I'm hoping this book can help some others gain some empathy for those of us who got trapped/are trapped by cults.

Enjoy.  I will post more later when I have time tonight.  This feels like a big healing accomplishment for me, and without GSC I don't think I would have been able to do it.

• Upvote 2

Accidentally, eh? When I first began writing op-eds and letters to editors that local newspapers published, I told people that if I hadn't sat down to the keyboard and started typing, it would have spilled all over the floor. :dance:

I have a six month free subscription to kindleunlimited... I'll check it out. 

Accidentally...  it started out when I first allowed myself to daydream again.  And then there was the thinking and questioning.  I learn best through stories, so this is the one I told myself.  It helped a lot.  Stepping back from it being about ME and giving it some distance helped to see it all a lot clearer.

More to say, but my battery is fast dying.  Post more tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JavaJane said:

Accidentally...  it started out when I first allowed myself to daydream again.  And then there was the thinking and questioning.  I learn best through stories, so this is the one I told myself.  It helped a lot.  Stepping back from it being about ME and giving it some distance helped to see it all a lot clearer.

More to say, but my battery is fast dying.  Post more tomorrow.

You and almost all of the rest of humankind. :wink2:

Hearty congratulations, JavaJane! Book writing is no small feat, I know. I wish you much success with getting the word out about your story. You can rest assured that your efforts will help people near and far, and its journey will reward you with lots of surprises.

Cheers to the healing process via writing and reading!

Warmest wishes,

Charlene Edge

P.S. If you want to contact me, I would love to hear from you. Just send a message through https://charleneedge.com/contact

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/4/2019 at 7:00 PM, JavaJane said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MHB47Z3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_5N-lCb644WFSC

hey, fellow GreaseSpots.  I wrote this novel as a way to help myself work through all the past s*** in my head from being involved in TWI.  (Still haven't worked through ALL of it - that may take the rest of my life.)

I started thinking about this main character in 2007 shortly before I left - mainly when I started really considering what free will actually is.  The story morphed from there into what it is now.  Some of it is based on my experiences in TWI, and some is based on others experiences.  And some of it is from other churches I have attended.

It is not a memoir by any means.  It is fantasy.  Urban fantasy to be precise.  Full of angelic and demonic beings.  The world is built using Christian writings as folklore, as well as drawing from worldwide myth and trying in local (to me) urban legends and magic traditions. 

Ray's voice is my current voice, post Way.  Amanda's voice is my old self from the time I was in. 

You can read it for free on Kindle Unlimited, or download it for 2.99 in the Kindle Store.  It is also available in paperback.

If you decide to read it and you enjoy it, please leave a review on Amazon.  I am writing under a pseudonym due to the subject matter.

You Greasespotters really helped me a lot and I am grateful.  I'm hoping this book can help some others gain some empathy for those of us who got trapped/are trapped by cults.

Enjoy.  I will post more later when I have time tonight.  This feels like a big healing accomplishment for me, and without GSC I don't think I would have been able to do it.

JJ, congratulations!!

Considering one of my first posts on GSC was asking how to recover creativity and imagination after involvement with TWI, I have come a long way.

The Way taught us that there was a devil spirit around every corner and all things bad were caused by them.  I took this concept and made it part of the world my book is set in.  And the way possession works in this book is very similar to the way it is explained in the Advanced Class.

Treating their fictions and fiction felt really good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2