GreaseSpot Cafe

Raising the dead

Recently, while at a fleamarket of all places , I got into a conversation with an older (mid 70's) couple, as he shared with me how he had died..went to heaven & l5 days later had come back alive..this happened, according to him nearly 8 years ago, as his wife basically refused to bury him & believed that "by his stripes, we were healed" & stood on that..combined with prayer etc..

So out of curiosity..does anyone out there have any thoughts on this subject, as I know of several Near Death Experiences on youtube, but this one in particular "lives" here in my little Florida town & is quite willing to answer any questions regarding the event.. Perhaps this subject has already been discussed, but if not..what cha think??

Pardon my scepticism, but I think I'd want to know what his doctors/hospital thought, and whether a death certificate was issued; or at least some other corroboration. 

Some people are kept in medically induced comas for quite long periods, to aid their healing; and some might enter a "vegetative state" or "persistent vegetative state," where they're unresponsive to all stimuli.  Either coma or PVS patients might be on ventilators or other equipment to maintain their breathing and circulation.

• Upvote 1

I believe in miraculous healings. I've seen miraculous healings.  That doesn't mean I just swallow every claim I hear as legit.  I've also heard stories that were completely made up about miraculous healings.

At the very least, this story sounds "massaged." Something is exaggerated, or something important is being left out.

If you want my opinion, I'm just guessing from what little you've said. If I HAVE to jump to a conclusion based on that little information, I'd have to say I'm disinclined to believe him. The entire story may be made up.  Also, part of the story may be true, but large parts may be made up.  This is 2019. The story took place about 8 years ago, in the US in the 21st century. If this story is 100% true, there's documentation of it SOMEWHERE.  If this happened as you claim you were told, this was local news at the very least, or news around the hospital where it happened.

As it is, it sounds a lot like vpw's claims about how he did lots of miraculous healings- but all in India where none of us could check into it (and where nobody begged him to return to do more miraculous healings ASAP.)

Some people have this thing about inventing a fascinating past. Some people get a thing like that when they get older. I have no guarantee either happened here, but I have some suspicions about that.

I would have answered these replies sooner...but was not notified by GSC of any interest in this subject...I've e-mailed out a couple dozen  or more of "Gary" CD's which I uploaded in e-mail form & the responses have been mixed..which is fine..everyone has an opinion as did I...and I'd be happy to e-mail it to any of you along with their phone # s his wife Carol is happy to answer all questions about this experience..as with him not being there..she was left to decide to bury him or not. So..being sorta new here..what would be the best way to make this e-mail available to anyone who has an interest..? I'm happy to leave my e-mail addy or phone #..is this a good idea or is there a better way?? Thanx for your interest..as he recently turned 76 & is quite full of life as is she!! JJ ;^)

47 minutes ago, jim jack said:

I would have answered these replies sooner...but was not notified by GSC of any interest in this subject...I've e-mailed out a couple dozen  or more of "Gary" CD's which I uploaded in e-mail form & the responses have been mixed..which is fine..everyone has an opinion as did I...and I'd be happy to e-mail it to any of you along with their phone # s his wife Carol is happy to answer all questions about this experience..as with him not being there..she was left to decide to bury him or not. So..being sorta new here..what would be the best way to make this e-mail available to anyone who has an interest..? I'm happy to leave my e-mail addy or phone #..is this a good idea or is there a better way?? Thanx for your interest..as he recently turned 76 & is quite full of life as is she!! JJ ;^)

Links to news articles where the information was reported publicly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm not too sure that any miracles taking place in any hospitals are "news worthy" to most eiditors of most papers..Presently I'm working with our local paper to produce an article about this incident for the area people to consider & if I'm successful..perhaps I can link that along..I do know a n article was published 3 years ago on this event of which I have a copy as it was very uplifting to me personally.

11 hours ago, jim jack said:

I'm not too sure that any miracles taking place in any hospitals are "news worthy" to most eiditors of most papers..Presently I'm working with our local paper to produce an article about this incident for the area people to consider & if I'm successful..perhaps I can link that along..I do know a n article was published 3 years ago on this event of which I have a copy as it was very uplifting to me personally.

I’d be interested in reading that article if you’d care to post it. 

13 hours ago, jim jack said:

Yes, if you can get a link to that, I'm sure folks here would find it intriguing. But... If a guy was dead for two weeks and is now living, THAT is newsworthy. If not, then it can fairly be characterized as gobbledygook.

Honestly I'm not sure how to "dig up" such a link..I do know that while wintering here in Sebring Florida, we had quite a media circus here for 3 days, when we had the mass shooting of 5 women here a few days ago..I approached many of the media folk there asking them if I could e-mail them the CD I have..&6 of them did give me their addresses..so those have been sent out to other Florida "cities"..so this is how I'm sharing this..as I'd certainly appreciate any other ideas to get people to examine this..kind of like..when Jesus raised Lazurus from the dead...I wonder how many looked into that back in Jesus's day?? So I too have a simialr curiousity & if its all fake..then I've wasted my time * efforts..but if its reality..perhaps what I can learn from it may halp another. Thanks Rocky!

Jay Dee..I'm not too puter "savy" as I don't have a scanner..so any ideas how I could get "hard copy" to you? If I do get the article printed soon in our local Sebring paper...I'm sure that could then be available to people on line. I do have the hard copy in front of me as its dated June 16, 2016 from the "Herald Advocate Wachula, Fl titled "Gary Laude 'said he went to heaven during illness'..does that help? Also please pray for our people here in Sebring who just experienced the effects of that mass shooting here..that took 5 women's lives...we're not a big town so this has had a ripple effect.

Twinky...Carol/ Gary's wife could certainly find Doctors names for you, as I'm not from Michigan but rather Indiana ad wasn't there those 2 weeks..but most of it is still fresh in her mind..let me know how I can contact you as she readily gives out her # for those with questions like yours.

Jim, if you have the date of the story, the name of the paper, and the names of anyone ANYONE involved (like, say, the person who wrote the story), I can hunt it down.

This is not.hard.at.all.

The notion that journalists would not be interested in verifiable miracles taking place at hospitals is absurd on its face.

And someone who was dead for TWO WEEKS only to hpp back up and ask for a filet-o-fish would have made international headlines.

People here are being way too nice. This story is horse manure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Raf said:

Comatose for 15 days? Thought he went to heaven? Okay, could be...

Dead (no breathing, no heart beat) for 15 days?  yeah... what Raf said. 

1 hour ago, TLC said:

Comatose for 15 days? Thought he went to heaven? Okay, could be...

Dead (no breathing, no heart beat) for 15 days?  yeah... what Raf said. 

That's why I'm thinking SOMETHING was exaggerated.   Comatose instead of dead, for example. THINKING he went to Heaven, when there may have been a vision, normal dream, or a hallucination, rather than actually visiting the place. 

BTW, Raf (a journalist) is not exaggerating about finding the story if you give him what he asked for.  

6 hours ago, Raf said:

Jim, if you have the date of the story, the name of the paper, and the names of anyone ANYONE involved (like, say, the person who wrote the story), I can hunt it down.

This is not.hard.at.all.

The notion that journalists would not be interested in verifiable miracles taking place at hospitals is absurd on its face.

And someone who was dead for TWO WEEKS only to hpp back up and ask for a filet-o-fish would have made international headlines.

Indeed!

ok..the date of the paper from the Herald-Advocate is June 16, 2016,, their names are Caorol & Gary Laude..from Muskegon Mi..& if there's a way to share their phone #.they are happy to answer any questions..so let me know what that procedure would be..he's now 76..happened when he was 68.. I believe..She to me (besides the Lord) is a main key to the whole situation, since he wasn't "quite there"...as she "held out" burying him

Horse manure..well..some people like the fragrance..lol..ps I have the article right here..as they kept several copies.. they also wrote a little l2 page booklet on it which goes into more detail..I lent that out but its right  next door...so let me know a procedure to contact any of you as I can easily pass along their or my phone #'s.. as this is most interesting & inspirational..the awesomeness of the God of the impossible

4 hours ago, jim jack said:

ok..the date of the paper from the Herald-Advocate is June 16, 2016,, their names are Caorol & Gary Laude..from Muskegon Mi..& if there's a way to share their phone #.they are happy to answer any questions..so let me know what that procedure would be..he's now 76..happened when he was 68.. I believe..She to me (besides the Lord) is a main key to the whole situation, since he wasn't "quite there"...as she "held out" burying him

Horse manure..well..some people like the fragrance..lol..ps I have the article right here..as they kept several copies.. they also wrote a little l2 page booklet on it which goes into more detail..I lent that out but its right  next door...so let me know a procedure to contact any of you as I can easily pass along their or my phone #'s.. as this is most interesting & inspirational..the awesomeness of the God of the impossible

Anybody can tell a story.

BTW, even if you don't have a scanner, it's likely your local public library does.

I did an internet search for Herald-Advocate and found this website from Hardee County, Florida.

I then searched that site for Gary Laude and came up with NO article search results.

It's possible that Raf was thinking of bovine scatology when he cited horse manure. 

Edited by Rocky