GreaseSpot Cafe

Fullfilling the great commission

In the past couple of years I've been finding great joy in approaching people with a little 2 l/2 by 8 l/2 inch bookmark which has on it 55" attributes of God"..something I made up on my own. I've been handing them out one at a time basically approaching people in several ways..typically asking them if they enjoy reading or if they would like a "freebie" & without "preaching at them,  explain it briefly ending with the idea of God really loving them...some engage me in conversation ..others reject it BUT I would say 70 % really like it and some get really excited about it at times..

I feel that at least I'm doing something to fulfill the great commission, as sometimes it does lead to praying for people's situations and sometimes Iget to explain the plan of salvation. My favorite hangouts are at fleamarkets, where people are always "looking for something" LOL..fun stuff & totally "non confrontational.

I would love to see another do what I do, as if there is an interest, I would be glad to send one out to you & you can tak it from there...it has no phone # on it & no name..just  things like  "light",promise maker & keeper", "all might" & 52 others.

any thoughts as I'd be interested in hearing them! JJ

I don't feel called to do this.  If you feel called to do this, more power to you.  Especially if you're not being pushy or confrontational.  Sometimes someone needs a little reminder that God loves them at that moment- and later they need something bigger.  The small moves are as important as the big shows, no matter what people like twi's lords over God's heritage think.

you're absolutely right..people  that I've approached have, from what I could tell..enjoyed the encouragement..others have looked at me with a puzzled look..lol which is fine..I figure it'll be a 20 second encounter but at times it turns out to be rather lengthy which I'm totally into.I'm not about "getting rid of them" but would prefer to possibly make a life long friend whom I could "be for" if they desired my friendship. In having had l0,000 of them..it seemed a bit daunting until I realized that it wasn't about "getting out numbers" but rather edifying those people out there..whether believer or not...the kids are my greatest joy as they seem to treasure this little gift. Just like the fact that I'm doing "something" instead of agreeing it should be done..but inactive..so this is a way for anyone to be more active with total strangers..