GreaseSpot Cafe

Cult-Splinter Insanity

skyrider

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

This goes back to "why do people join cults?"  People never join a cult- they start associating with some people, and the associations become inclusive, making them one of US rather than one of THEM, and then the rules slowly move in, and then one day, the person's in a cult.    People keep being shocked how much they liked hanging out with people in twi, with no rules chaining them, and then, years later, how the rules slowly creeped in to choke the life out of them.

Yes, from a general perspective.........that is all true.

But in this case, Rico's splinter group............both sides (US and THEM) know well what the twi-cult was and is. 

The US side  .......  these people who "want to hang out together and read their bibles" have ALREADY been in a cult.  When people leave a bad situation [a cult], they should do some introspection to identify the factors that changed and the red flags that they missed along the way.  Critical thinking processes are imperative at this point .....or the person will not learn from mistakes made and (might) repeat the process.  With biblical truths, if the practical side was wrong......what about the doctrinal side?  Check every nook and cranny.....challenge EVERYTHING.  You always know who rules over you.....he is the one you cannot challenge.

The Them side  ......  corps who were "trained" by the cult are THEM.  Rico is one of THEM.  He may sound nice and sincere (now)......but how can he possibly be elevated to spiritually lead others when he was complicit for decades?  Has he pinpointed a list of things that were rotten in twi?  Has he sought seminary training and study outside the cult framework......or did he put up his shingle, open for business, the minute he got settled into Florida?

Rico is taking the path of least resistance to build a following.

He's going to those areas (Wichita, KS and Sidney, OH) where those people were already addicted to cults.  

It is like he's going to smokers' homes and selling them a nicotine alternative ---  Juul e-cigarettes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey, who wants to sit thru another 3-part series of classes?

........no, not a foundational, intermediate and advanced class series.  That would be too patently distasteful having just left twi.

........This series is tweaked ever-so-slightly and sold as repackaged courses.

1. Our Identity in Christ    -----   a 12-hour modular course
  2. Our Maturity in Christ  ----   an 8-hour modular course
  3. Our Stand in Christ      ----   a 4-day Biblical education course
  • The first one you learn to sit and revel in the accomplished works of Christ.
  • The second one you learn to walk and conduct your life from a spiritually victorious position
  • The third one you learn to stand against God's enemy, against his methods and schemes.

Notice: The 3rd course is a 4-day higher commitment.  After graduation, do these students get an "advanced class" nametag?

This coming weekend, February 23 and 24, 2019........Rico is running #2 in Sidney, Ohio. 

March 21-24, 2019..........Rico is running #3 in Titusville, Florida.  So, does that mean they will have SUPER DUPER spiritual vigilance over evil enemies as they follow Rico Magnelli,(?) 18th corps grad..........the corps-Pharisee who walked in cult darkness for 30-some years.

Gawd..........do these cult-splinters do anything else besides serve refried beans?

Ugh.

Edited by skyrider

Attention:   Skyrider is running a 3-part series this weekend........February 23 and 24.

1. The Bourne Identity
  2. The Bourne Supremacy
  3. The Bourne Ultimatum

Open discussion will follow movie series........detailing aspects of intense-indoctrination, discovery and survivor.

No charge.  Bring your own sleeping bag.

Popcorn and beer will be provided.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/17/2019 at 9:44 AM, skyrider said:

Yes, from a general perspective.........that is all true.

But in this case, Rico's splinter group............both sides (US and THEM) know well what the twi-cult was and is. 

The US side  .......  these people who "want to hang out together and read their bibles" have ALREADY been in a cult.  When people leave a bad situation [a cult], they should do some introspection to identify the factors that changed and the red flags that they missed along the way.  Critical thinking processes are imperative at this point .....or the person will not learn from mistakes made and (might) repeat the process.  With biblical truths, if the practical side was wrong......what about the doctrinal side?  Check every nook and cranny.....challenge EVERYTHING.  You always know who rules over you.....he is the one you cannot challenge.

The Them side  ......  corps who were "trained" by the cult are THEM.  Rico is one of THEM.  He may sound nice and sincere (now)......but how can he possibly be elevated to spiritually lead others when he was complicit for decades?  Has he pinpointed a list of things that were rotten in twi?  Has he sought seminary training and study outside the cult framework......or did he put up his shingle, open for business, the minute he got settled into Florida?

Rico is taking the path of least resistance to build a following.

He's going to those areas (Wichita, KS and Sidney, OH) where those people were already addicted to cults.  

It is like he's going to smokers' homes and selling them a nicotine alternative ---  Juul e-cigarettes.

Yes, in this case, it's people who KNOW what a cult looks like.  If they join up now, it's because they decided they can't cut it in the real world, and NEED a cult to tell them what to think, what to do, and to take their money and time, most importantly.   Rico's counting on this- which says a lot about Rico.   If Rico's right about their BEING a God, Rico will need to answer for this to Him at some point.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, skyrider said:

........no, not a foundational, intermediate and advanced class series.  That would be too patently distasteful having just left twi.

• The second one you learn to walk and conduct your life from a spiritually victorious position
  • The third one you learn to stand against God's enemy, against his methods and schemes.

Notice: The 3rd course is a 4-day higher commitment.  After graduation, do these students get an "advanced class" nametag?

This coming weekend, February 23 and 24, 2019........Rico is running #2 in Sidney, Ohio. 

March 21-24, 2019..........Rico is running #3 in Titusville, Florida.  So, does that mean they will have SUPER DUPER spiritual vigilance over evil enemies as they follow Rico Magnelli,(?) 18th corps grad..........the corps-Pharisee who walked in cult darkness for 30-some years.

Gawd..........do these cult-splinters do anything else besides serve refried beans?

Ugh.

Sky, I have a serious question.  What is the real reason these classes are being run??  It seems to me, that RM is trying to make money off of TWI garbage.  I took a lot of classes from TWI, and they bored me silly.  I don't know RM, so I don't have any opinions of him.  However, knowing he is a Way Corps Grad, and is selling classes, makes me very leary of taking any of them.  Perhaps the classes are interesting, and informative.  However, TWI always had classes they wanted to sell to people.  I for one, am not going to get caught up in the Class CACA again; once bitten, twice shy.

• Like 1

Attention:   Skyrider is running a 3-part series this weekend........February 23 and 24.

1. The Bourne Identity
  2. The Bourne Supremacy
  3. The Bourne Ultimatum

Open discussion will follow movie series........detailing aspects of intense-indoctrination, discovery and survivor.

No charge.  Bring your own sleeping bag.

Popcorn and beer will be provided.

Sky, you are so witty!!  And how much will you be charging us good people from the GSC??!!  :confused:

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Yes, in this case, it's people who KNOW what a cult looks like.  If they join up now, it's because they decided they can't cut it in the real world, and NEED a cult to tell them what to think, what to do, and to take their money and time, most importantly.   Rico's counting on this- which says a lot about Rico.   If Rico's right about their BEING a God, Rico will need to answer for this to Him at some point.

WW, let us hope this is true.  All of us will need to answer to God at some point; however I want God to be happy with what He gave me.  I don't want to tick Him off by using The Word to make money for myself.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Sky, I have a serious question.  What is the real reason these classes are being run??  It seems to me, that RM is trying to make money off of TWI garbage.  I took a lot of classes from TWI, and they bored me silly.  I don't know RM, so I don't have any opinions of him.  However, knowing he is a Way Corps Grad, and is selling classes, makes me very leary of taking any of them.  .......

Grace.......imo, there are MANY nefarious reasons for Rico to start a splinter group and run classes:

1. At his age, his resume' would look like garbage to most all employers out there.
  2. Rico was a corps coordinator and long-time staffer....would have had lots of contact with recently-exited followers.
  3. Right place, right time......a shoo in for another splinter group leader to rise from the ashes.
  4. Opportunistic and aggressive.........fundamental qualities needed by any successful cult leader.
  5. The class money pays the overhead expenses......the faithful tithing/abs is the mother lode.
  6. Perks and privileges........exponential potential payoff, adulation, travel, leisure, flexibility and exploitation-longevity.
  7. Power and control over others.........perhaps someday, office staff, subordinate leaders, church building, etc.
  8. If narcissistic pathologies and power persists.........sexual predation and lavish toys will be extracted.

Cults and splinter-cults grease the skids for lots of shenanigans.......tax exemption status, religious masking, access to people during vulnerable times, authoritative figure, no accountability, operating "off the grid," access to counting/reporting of money, offers to "counsel" in financial/funeral situations, etc. etc. 

With wierwille being Rico's "father in da verd"..........oh my, oh my!!

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 2

Grace.......imo, there are MANY nefarious reasons for Rico to start a splinter group and run classes:

1. At his age, his resume' would look like garbage to most all employers out there.
  2. Rico was a corps coordinator and long-time staffer....would have had lots of contact with recently-exited followers.
  3. Right place, right time......a shoo in for another splinter group leader to rise from the ashes.
  4. Opportunistic and aggressive.........fundamental qualities needed by any successful cult leader.
  5. The class money pays the overhead expenses......the faithful tithing/abs is the mother lode.
  6. Perks and privileges........exponential potential payoff, adulation, travel, leisure, flexibility and exploitation-longevity.
  7. Power and control over others.........perhaps someday, office staff, subordinate leaders, church building, etc.
  8. If narcissistic pathologies and power persists.........sexual predation and lavish toys will be extracted.

Cults and splinter-cults grease the skids for lots of shenanigans.......tax exemption status, religious masking, access to people during vulnerable times, authoritative figure, no accountability, operating "off the grid," access to counting/reporting of money, offers to "counsel" in financial/funeral situations, etc. etc. 

With wierwille being Rico's "father in da verd"..........oh my, oh my!!

Sky, in other words, RM wants to be another VPW; he wants unlimited money, and power.  I believe W was a sick POS, who ruined countless lives, and families.  I fear RM might attempt to duplicate "his father in the word," by scamming the weak, and vunerable.  I want nothing to do with him, or his followers.  Ten years in TWI taught me, not to get involved with other cults.:nono5:

"The class money pays the overhead expenses......the faithful tithing/abs is the mother lode."

• Do the math......10% of income really adds up!!
  • What if splinter group reaches 300 adults who faithfully tithe...
  • 100 couples and 100 adult singles = 300 people
  • Average in high incomes/low incomes.....ballpark averages
  • Average annual income of couples (together) = $80,000 resulting in $8,000 tithe per couple
  • $8,000 per couple each year X 100 couples = $800,000 per year
  • If adult single average annual income = $40,000 results in $4,000 tithe per single
  • $4,000 per single each year X 100 singles = $400,000 per year
  • TOTAL:  $800,000 + $400,000 = $1,200,000 per year tithe total [300 people]

Running weekend classes......pays for rental fees, travel expenses, syllabus, printing, website maintenance and updates,  etc.  No motel costs and minimal meal costs if Rico stays at someone's home.  No car rental fees.

Travel perks:  Arrive early -- mix "business" with pleasure.  See the sights......1) Wichita, Kansas;  2) Sidney, Ohio; 3) Henderson, Nevada; 4) Loveland, Colorado; 5) Morrisville, North Carolina; ......  6) Mini-vacation in Montana in July at forest campground.  Not bad for a startup splinter.

Preach the tithe.   Preach partnership.  Preach cheerful giving.

Ride the gravy train.  WooHoo

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

On 2/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, skyrider said:

These corps cleave to the cult model, because they have no real-life job experience in the real world.  At best, they would be hard to find middle management jobs, sales jobs or seek self-employment. 

This isn't always the case.  After 25 years as a highly successful remodeling contractor, Dan Gallagher gave it all up to join STFI, then their top leadership were split up, then he was only other leader besides Scheonheit, and then DG was finally removed.  So oddly enough, he DID have real-life job success, and yet returned to that which was all built on a cult. Nuts!

8 hours ago, Rejoice said:

This isn't always the case.  After 25 years as a highly successful remodeling contractor, Dan Gallagher gave it all up to join STFI, then their top leadership were split up, then he was only other leader besides Scheonheit, and then DG was finally removed.  So oddly enough, he DID have real-life job success, and yet returned to that which was all built on a cult. Nuts!

Perhaps if DG was indeed highly successful, he was able to retire and devote time to what he thought was a calling. I never met him... and don't care to do so now. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Perhaps if DG was indeed highly successful, he was able to retire and devote time to what he thought was a calling. I never met him... and don't care to do so now. 

Another possibility being, of course, he wasn't nearly as successful as he was putting forth.   Either is possible, and it's not like we care, anyway,  He'll be forgotten soon enough.

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, skyrider said:

Ugh.

Sky, how much do these classes cost?  I am not going to take any of Rico's classes, but I would like to know how much money his "students" have to pay for their classes.