GreaseSpot Cafe

Recently left after 8 years

LivingLife

Hi...I was only involved with TWI for 8 years but during that time I was mistreated by so-called ‘leadership’ numerous times. After just a year in the ministry I met my current husband who was involved for 40 years, and if it had not been for him I would have left much sooner. It’s an organization run by pompous, arrogant, narcissistic, power freaks who, in their eyes, can do no wrong. 2 Peter 2 describes them well. 

• Like 1

""Leadership" treated me badly. " - about 1/2 the people who left, if not more. 

Welcome.  Over the decades, the GSC has been host to lots of twi survivors, some of whom post to this day.  There's all kinds of personal stories, but common themes creep up- like abuse by so-called leadership.

"It’s an organization run by pompous, arrogant, narcissistic, power freaks who, in their eyes, can do no wrong. 2 Peter 2 describes them well. "-

It's obvious in hindsight, but twi was designed that way.  vpw wanted all the money and control for himself, so he made his own group, and plagiarized the heck out of other Christians and claimed he got almost all of it by special revelation so twi was special, and he was special- est of the special.   He treated people as disposable resources, and had no problem cultivating a public image of a nice guy while being a sociopath behind the scenes.    vpw cultivated all those petty traits in himself and others.  He also had no real leadership training. He had no training in leadership, and he didn't seek any when starting his "Way Corps" program. So, he never weeded out any pettiness.  He didn't do quality control, either- if you could raise the money, you could go through the program.   So, twi's leadership roles had a lot of those, who filled it up.  When corruption came out, all the REAL leaders walked off when nothing could be done to fix twi- which left the corrupt "leaders."   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1