GreaseSpot Cafe

Most of VP's and TWI Stuff here

engine

2 hours ago, engine said:

Thanks, Skyrider.

I found it years ago by Oral, and boy, he was good. 

I've been catching up on threads, and not only do I like the divergent views, I am glad to see it here among all of us.....most of the time...lol.

Engine, I am not sure if this will help in your search, but I do want to mention Chris G's POaP.  I believe it came out in 1986, or 1987.  To me, it was a lot of Hog Wash, but you might find it of some value.  In it, Chris whines about how hard it was for him to get The Word established in the UK.  :asdf:

11 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Engine, I am not sure if this will help in your search, but I do want to mention Chris G's POaP.  I believe it came out in 1986, or 1987.  To me, it was a lot of Hog Wash, but you might find it of some value.  In it, Chris whines about how hard it was for him to get The Word established in the UK.  

Thanks Grace,

I haven't been around here much for a long time, and had never seen that link from Penworks (Thx, Penworks, BTW), but on all the other pretty current. 

I was at the reading of POP at corps week in '86. 

Have read portions since. My gawd, that poor man, look at the burden on him and how he really serves and shields the MOGFOT  and how he tries so hard, and no matter what he just keeps trying, and the hurt and pain of OUR beloved MOGFOT, oh, I wish I had been there.....sob sniff  tears.....NOT.

I also know two fellas, 8th and 10th, who flew to Gartmore  with another Rev back then to get an OK to go around the overturned eighteen wheel "Yuk" twig, or get instructions on what to do. 

They wanted to see Geer. These three were doing the run around on their higher ups at HQ. Another mutiny inside a mutiny like the little Russian dolls. The one where DWBH was confronting all of 'em seems like.  They were going to wrest back this "thing"  away from them, or do whatever had to be done, and get it back on track. And, it would have been just as awful. Firstly, DWBH would have had to confront at least one of them, too. That was a sprout of the first offshoot...it died.

Asked my old Bro' in person 3 years ago, "Why did you go?"

"To find out how to save the minus-try." Said his plan had always been a "career" in the minus-try. He had climbed up to Limb Coor. by '85.

"So, what did he tell you? Anything? Or, did he just sorta' look at you with that psychzoid I'm getting revelation don't mess with me kinda' look?" Hardly nothing, he says....a whole week! Hope they were Scotch drinkers! Hope it wasn't raining on your parade there in sunny Scotland!

Honestly? It's really kinda' super hard to see miracles and have joy and love and those things without the Holy Spirit, who, best guess, had to grievingly depart from Twit, if it ever was really there much at all because of the corruption and sin. But, to me,  most especially, the Holy Spirit had to leave because of the denial of Who Jesus really is...the Christ...the Logos in Person! Not a Book. Found in That Book...not the Book. Knows my name, every hair counted, loves me as the Good Shepherd that He is, Was, Always shall be. Mine. His.

He's spoken of in the banned books section of the Twit archives: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. That's where I met Him before the way. He's still there.

And, it seems, from what I've read, it didn't take long after the first coups of Heefner and Doop (not quite my time yet) for the fabric to begin to fray.

Anyway, Grace, thank you. Boy, I sailed away on that one. 

Edited by engine
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, engine said:

the banned books section of the Twit archives: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John

The banned books section!

Love it :eusa_clap:.

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, engine said:

Thanks Grace,

I haven't been around here much for a long time, and had never seen that link from Penworks (Thx, Penworks, BTW), but on all the other pretty current. 

I was at the reading of POP at corps week in '86. 

Have read portions since. My gawd, that poor man, look at the burden on him and how he really serves and shields the MOGFOT  and how he tries so hard, and no matter what he just keeps trying, and the hurt and pain of OUR beloved MOGFOT, oh, I wish I had been there.....sob sniff  tears.....NOT.

I also know two fellas, 8th and 10th, who flew to Gartmore  with another Rev back then to get an OK to go around the overturned eighteen wheel "Yuk" twig, or get instructions on what to do. 

They wanted to see Geer. These three were doing the run around on their higher ups at HQ. Another mutiny inside a mutiny like the little Russian dolls. The one where DWBH was confronting all of 'em seems like.  They were going to wrest back this "thing"  away from them, or do whatever had to be done, and get it back on track. And, it would have been just as awful. Firstly, DWBH would have had to confront at least one of them, too. That was a sprout of the first offshoot...it died.

Asked my old Bro' in person 3 years ago, "Why did you go?"

"To find out how to save the minus-try." Said his plan had always been a "career" in the minus-try. He had climbed up to Limb Coor. by '85.

"So, what did he tell you? Anything? Or, did he just sorta' look at you with that psychzoid I'm getting revelation don't mess with me kinda' look?" Hardly nothing, he says....a whole week! Hope they were Scotch drinkers! Hope it wasn't raining on your parade there in sunny Scotland!

Honestly? It's really kinda' super hard to see miracles and have joy and love and those things without the Holy Spirit, who, best guess, had to grievingly depart from Twit, if it ever was really there much at all because of the corruption and sin. But, to me,  most especially, the Holy Spirit had to leave because of the denial of Who Jesus really is...the Christ...the Logos in Person! Not a Book. Found in That Book...not the Book. Knows my name, every hair counted, loves me as the Good Shepherd that He is, Was, Always shall be. Mine. His.

He's spoken of in the banned books section of the Twit archives: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. That's where I met Him before the way. He's still there.

And, it seems, from what I've read, it didn't take long after the first coups of Heefner and Doop (not quite my time yet) for the fabric to begin to fray.

Anyway, Grace, thank you. Boy, I sailed away on that one. 

Engine, you are welcomed. I still think the POTP, was a lot of Hog Wash.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:57 PM, waysider said:

Forty years of flat-earth lectures.

Funny you should say that…one of wierwille’s favorite sources to plagiarize was E.W. Bullinger…I noticed this a while back when I looked up some details about him…About halfway down the page on   Wikipedia’s article on Bullinger   under the heading of “Other Bullinger Views” it says:

“...He was a member of the Universal Zetetic Society, a group dedicated to believing and promoting the idea that the earth is flat, and on 7 March 1905, he chaired a meeting in Exeter Hall, London, in which the flat earth theory was expounded.”

wierwille may have thought Bullinger was on the cutting edge of biblical research in his day…but maybe he was just afraid to go near the edge of a flat earth. Wah wah…unfortunately I’m here all week folks.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:05 AM, engine said:

(snip)

(snip)

(nip)

Engine, that's a great post! My favorite lines:

"Another mutiny inside a mutiny like the little Russian dolls."

That is so funny! Great mind pictures…Not exactly Ezekiel’s wheel within a wheel…but more like wierwille’s spiel within a spiel…each mutineer tries to use some form of wierwille’s bull$hit to out-wierwille the other mutineer.

"He's spoken of in the banned books section of the Twit archives: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John."

I love that! I can almost imagine a Mad Magazine ad “Tired of the same old forbidden books of the four Gospels? Try the new and improved apocryphal book of “The Way Living in Love”.

7 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Funny you should say that…one of wierwille’s favorite sources to plagiarize was E.W. Bullinger…I noticed this a while back when I looked up some details about him…About halfway down the page on   Wikipedia’s article on Bullinger   under the heading of “Other Bullinger Views” it says:

“...He was a member of the Universal Zetetic Society, a group dedicated to believing and promoting the idea that the earth is flat, and on 7 March 1905, he chaired a meeting in Exeter Hall, London, in which the flat earth theory was expounded.”

wierwille may have thought Bullinger was on the cutting edge of biblical research in his day…but maybe he was just afraid to go near the edge of a flat earth. Wah wah…unfortunately I’m here all week folks.

:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

What I find amusing is that wierwille used to go on and on about “the word” having a mathematical exactness and scientific precision - and he was probably inspired to think that from plagiarizing a lot of Bullinger  - a  flat-earther !!!!    I mean come on - The spherical earth was mentioned as far back as the ancient Greeks!  :biglaugh:

11 hours ago, T-Bone said:

What I find amusing is that wierwille used to go on and on about “the word” having a mathematical exactness and scientific precision - and he was probably inspired to think that from plagiarizing a lot of Bullinger  - a  flat-earther !!!!    I mean come on - The spherical earth was mentioned as far back as the ancient Greeks!  :biglaugh:

The spherical earth wasn't just "MENTIONED" by the ancient Greeks.  Eratosthenes, with the help of some geometry and mathematics, calculated the circumference of the earth and was something like 99.5% or mor accurate.  (He was off by about 1-2 sports stadiums lengths.)