GreaseSpot Cafe

Revival and Restoration Group: Another Coconut Monkey Trap

skyrider

I remember one time in the 'chapel' at Indiana and LCM was up the front 'heart sharing'. He began playing with a very expensive turquoise looking bracelet around his wrist, slightly pulling his sleeve up to show it off. I immediately felt nauseous. I spoke years later to Wayne Clapp about this and he mentioned he had had a similar experience. LCM,VPW...they were 'packing something' alright ! My guess is many of those demons they show cased in AOS....kinda makes me wonder about the Kenneth Copelands, Creflo Dollar, Hagen etc...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Allan said:

I remember one time in the 'chapel' at Indiana and LCM was up the front 'heart sharing'. He began playing with a very expensive turquoise looking bracelet around his wrist, slightly pulling his sleeve up to show it off. I immediately felt nauseous. I spoke years later to Wayne Clapp about this and he mentioned he had had a similar experience. LCM,VPW...they were 'packing something' alright ! My guess is many of those demons they show cased in AOS....kinda makes me wonder about the Kenneth Copelands, Creflo Dollar, Hagen etc...

Nah. If these guys had really believed all that shtuff about devil spirits and the *law of believing* they wouldn't have felt the need for armed protection. Gun culture was really big in The Way back in the 1970's. Why is that? Could it have had something to do with VPW's ties to radical white supremacy groups? "Believing for thee, handguns for me" should have been their motto.

• 8 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 9:03 PM, JohnR said:

I like the total of 1 comment at the very bottom of their web page. But I must say...I really like the comment. LOL :biglaugh:

Welcome back, John.

I hope you've been well.

Did you ever get any feedback on from your comment on the R&R website? 

Any idea how many people go there to listen to their ramblings?

Edited by Rocky
clarification

"YOU have hurt so many, many people when you were top leaders in TWI and I have never heard any public apologies! I can give you specific examples in case you forgot what you have done to harm people through the years. You were awful, horrible people who blindly followed grave error while quoting these same scriptures to the lives of those good people you cast out."

Just in case they decide to delete the original, here's the comment cut-and-pasted.

https://revivalandrestoration.org/teachings/the-mystery-living-and-real

• 3 weeks later...

When they supposedly tried to confront the twi bod, the claim was to try to change twi.  This might be believed, except....

-Someone mentioned plans to start up some other group over a year before the big meeting.

-Someone registered the domain name "revival and restoration" several months before the big meeting.

They already had plans for a new group before they ever met with the bod.  Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 3:47 PM, Oakspear said:

I don't come here that often any more...is this 'Revival & Restoration' group another splinter group? New as of 2017? Just another bunch of 'enlightened' knuckleheads

If you're interested, they've been discussed in several threads.

"Splintering and Subjugating as night follows day." Splinter Cults are WORSE not better."  "Revival and Restoration."  "R&R Group- too late, sycophants already taken." Might this be why the moneyhands were M&A?"    There may have been others.

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/24900-splintering-and-subjugatingas-night-follows-day/

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/24827-splinter-cults-are-worsenot-better/

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/24457-revival-and-restoration/

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/24586-rr-group-too-late-cult-sycophants-already-taken/

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/24458-might-this-be-why-the-moneyhands-were-ma/

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, skyrider said:

On April 18th........Revival and Restoration posted a 5-part series of teachings that were recorded in Stateline, Nevada on October 6 & 7, 2018.

• Do these guys still pay homage to twi's Anniversary Weekend that is held the first Sunday of October each year?
  • Podium..........check
  • Teachings......check
  • Students at tables.....check
  • Bland repetition.........check

The marketing of this event was entitled The Mystery Living and Real........see, just this subtle hat tip to how wierwille launched his exclusivity from other Christians.  On twi's anniversary weekend no less........of all the weekends in a calendar year they picked this one!?!  LOL.  So, how do they gear up this "revival?"  They've got to separate themselves from the pack (other splinters and churches)......else, why would "students" bother to attend their freelancing conferences and give money/support?

Michael Fort is the first teacher in this series on the Book of Colossians.  In his teaching at the 30:40 mark, he teaches on "Coconut Monkey Trap."  He has a handout depicting this trap and has it passed out to the students......(because it's worthy of a handout in the context of "The Mystery"......???)......oh, the irony. 

In my opinion, these R&R corps leaders are STILL caught in wierwille's monkey trap.  They put their hand into the coconut to grasp what was inside.......and STILL haven't let go.  They refuse to let go and cannot get away.......even though the coconut is tied with a steel cable to twi.  The monkey cannot acknowledge why he is trapped in this device.

• Same anniversary weekend
  • Same podium-style teachings
  • Same authoritarian corps leaders in charge
  • Any acknowledgement of wierwille's plagiarism or predation?
  • Any admitting to complicity to wierwille's wrongdoings?
  • Any repentance to the Lord Jesus Christ and Body of followers?
  • Any open discussions to correct all wrong doctrines/practices?
  • How about dismantling the delusional MOG-doctrine?
  • Lots more.......

The corps monkeys are STILL caught in the trap.

After three years..........what has the R&R group done?

In May 2017, they had that Q&A Facebook Session..........only to "circle the wagons" in their own defense. 

Touting their "Revival and Restoration" mantle.......what have they "revived?"  What have they "restored?"   Does their little weekly echo chamber have any relevance to anyone besides themselves?  Anyone listening outside their little circle jerk?  Seems like few care.  Very few comments.

When will they stop the merry-go-round and look around?  Why have corps and clergy been exiting (escaping) from twi since 1976?   Why did all of wierwille's corps letters lament, over and over, that corps were exiting twi and moving on in life?  Were all of these corps and clergy "cop-outs?"  Were they possessed with devil spirits like wierwille said?   Surely, one can think deeper that spewing back the wierwille sound bytes of yesteryear, no?

Instead of teaching the same old "doctrine" for the thousandth time......why not try a different approach.  Stop and think about it for a week.....at least.  There are reasons why wierwille's organization died quickly on the vine......because it was not connected to the vine  [John 15:5].  The Lord Jesus Christ.  He is the vine.

But hey.......go ahead with your little weekly (weakly) sermons of relevance.  Hopefully, you don't lose another decade in the process.

Or........pull your head......er, hand out of that coconut and get busy LIVING !!!

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, skyrider said:

In May 2017, they had that Q&A Facebook Session..........only to "circle the wagons" in their own defense. 

Touting their "Revival and Restoration" mantle.......what have they "revived?"  What have they "restored?"   Does their little weekly echo chamber have any relevance to anyone besides themselves?  Anyone listening outside their little circle jerk?  Seems like few care.  Very few comments.

When will they stop the merry-go-round and look around?  Why have corps and clergy been exiting (escaping) from twi since 1976?   Why did all of wierwille's corps letters lament, over and over, that corps were exiting twi and moving on in life?  Were all of these corps and clergy "cop-outs?"  Were they possessed with devil spirits like wierwille said?   Surely, one can think deeper that spewing back the wierwille sound bytes of yesteryear, no?

Instead of teaching the same old "doctrine" for the thousandth time......why not try a different approach.  Stop and think about it for a week.....at least.  There are reasons why wierwille's organization died quickly on the vine......because it was not connected to the vine  [John 15:5].  The Lord Jesus Christ.  He is the vine.

But hey.......go ahead with your little weekly (weakly) sermons of relevance.  Hopefully, you don't lose another decade in the process.

Or........pull your head......er, hand out of that coconut and get busy LIVING !!!

Q: What have they revived?   A: What was there to revive? Perhaps at some point some of them have come to the realization that there was nothing there to begin with. A cult of personality ceases to be viable when that particular personality exits stage left (or right, or whereever).

Q: What have they restored? A: Great question. Maybe their own spiritual lives? But wouldn't that entail coming to the realization referenced in the previous question? Regardless, said restoration certainly wouldn't look like anything they hoped and expected when they set out on that journey three years ago.

Q: Does their little weekly echo chamber have any relevance to anyone besides themselves?  Anyone listening outside their little circle jerk? A: These rhetorical questions obviously answer themselves.

Q: Surely, one can think deeper that spewing back the wierwille sound bytes of yesteryear, no? A: YES, one CAN think more deeply than simply spewing back wierwille sound bytes. But NOT if they keep doing the same things and expecting different outcomes. Oh, and DON'T call me Shirley! 

Q: When will they stop the merry-go-round and look around?  Why have corps and clergy been exiting (escaping) from twi since 1976?   Why did all of wierwille's corps letters lament, over and over, that corps were exiting twi and moving on in life?  Were all of these corps and clergy "cop-outs?"  Were they possessed with devil spirits like wierwille said? A: When (or IF)? YMMV. The why might be obvious to (some of) them by now. Were all of those escaping since 1976 "cop outs" and/or possessed by devil spirits? Most likely NOT.

Three years is enough time for (some, but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to which ones) people in that group to start realizing they're definitely not going to be able to re-energize any bit of a splinter group to the "good ol' days" of their imagination/recollection. Because there's no group to re-energize, I'm confident that some (again, wouldn't guess which ones) WILL start re-evaluating their lives and spiritual journeys and expand their understanding and imagination to embrace ideas that were previously forbidden by the chains of cultism that previously kept them so severely limited.

12 hours ago, skyrider said:

I’ll give ‘em all this much, splinter groups have been practicing self-isolation long before it was necessary with the pandemic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I’ll give ‘em all this much, splinter groups have been practicing self-isolation long before it was necessary with the pandemic.

Now if you could just get them to cover their mouths you might be on to something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waysider said:

Now if you could just get them to cover their mouths you might be on to something.

you mean with something like...

Sunday Night Teaching duct Tape

source.gif

Edited by T-Bone
revised according to the integrity and accuracy of comedy
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 7:49 AM, skyrider said:

Sky, do they really want to?  It seems to me, if they wanted to pull their heads out of the sand, they would have done so years ago.

• 1 year later...

One has to wonder what else they think they can do?  Isn't being a formal cult big shot a limited resume?  Imagine being white haired with no skills other than manipulating people.  Other than politics, what else is there for them?  So sad.  Like being the last professor of Soviet economics.  When your grandkids look at you, what do you say?  I preyed on innocent people and other people's spouses?  I realized way too late in life that I add no value to society?  (I also have very little in social security and am therefore living in your basement)

For me, I apologized to anyone I harmed, tried my best to make amends and have tried really hard to be a good and kind human being since TWI.  I wasn't for a while for which I will be eternally ashamed.  But to double down on that s**t show?  SMH....

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, skyrider said:

On April 18th........Revival and Restoration posted a 5-part series of teachings that were recorded in Stateline, Nevada on October 6 & 7, 2018.

• Do these guys still pay homage to twi's Anniversary Weekend that is held the first Sunday of October each year?
  • Podium..........check
  • Teachings......check
  • Students at tables.....check
  • Bland repetition.........check

The marketing of this event was entitled The Mystery Living and Real........see, just this subtle hat tip to how wierwille launched his exclusivity from other Christians.  On twi's anniversary weekend no less........of all the weekends in a calendar year they picked this one!?!  LOL.  So, how do they gear up this "revival?"  They've got to separate themselves from the pack (other splinters and churches)......else, why would "students" bother to attend their freelancing conferences and give money/support?

Michael Fort is the first teacher in this series on the Book of Colossians.  In his teaching at the 30:40 mark, he teaches on "Coconut Monkey Trap."  He has a handout depicting this trap and has it passed out to the students......(because it's worthy of a handout in the context of "The Mystery"......???)......oh, the irony. 

In my opinion, these R&R corps leaders are STILL caught in wierwille's monkey trap.  They put their hand into the coconut to grasp what was inside.......and STILL haven't let go.  They refuse to let go and cannot get away.......even though the coconut is tied with a steel cable to twi.  The monkey cannot acknowledge why he is trapped in this device.

• Same anniversary weekend
  • Same podium-style teachings
  • Same authoritarian corps leaders in charge
  • Any acknowledgement of wierwille's plagiarism or predation?
  • Any admitting to complicity to wierwille's wrongdoings?
  • Any repentance to the Lord Jesus Christ and Body of followers?
  • Any open discussions to correct all wrong doctrines/practices?
  • How about dismantling the delusional MOG-doctrine?
  • Lots more.......

The corps monkeys are STILL caught in the trap.

A former rocket scientist reveals the habits, ideas, and strategies that will empower you to turn the seemingly impossible into the possible.

Rocket science is often celebrated as the ultimate triumph of technology. But it's not. Rather, it's the apex of a certain thought process -- a way to imagine the unimaginable and solve the unsolvable. It's the same thought process that enabled Neil Armstrong to take his giant leap for mankind, that allows spacecraft to travel millions of miles through outer space and land on a precise spot, and that brings us closer to colonizing other planets.

Fortunately, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to think like one.

In this accessible and practical book, Ozan Varol reveals nine simple strategies from rocket science that you can use to make your own giant leaps in work and life -- whether it's landing your dream job, accelerating your business, learning a new skill, or creating the next breakthrough product. Today, thinking like a rocket scientist is a necessity. We all encounter complex and unfamiliar problems in our lives. Those who can tackle these problems -- without clear guidelines and with the clock ticking -- enjoy an extraordinary advantage.

Think Like a Rocket Scientist will inspire you to take your own moonshot and enable you to achieve liftoff.

-----

Maybe someone in R&R will explore ways to think outside the incredibly small box that they "grew up" (spiritually) in and realize it couldn't hurt to actually try new things. 

41pdmxi2HeL.jpg

54 minutes ago, JustThinking said:

One has to wonder what else they think they can do?  Isn't being a formal cult big shot a limited resume?  Imagine being white haired with no skills other than manipulating people.  Other than politics, what else is there for them?  So sad.  Like being the last professor of Soviet economics.  When your grandkids look at you, what do you say?  I preyed on innocent people and other people's spouses?  I realized way too late in life that I add no value to society?  (I also have very little in social security and am therefore living in your basement)

For me, I apologized to anyone I harmed, tried my best to make amends and have tried really hard to be a good and kind human being since TWI.  I wasn't for a while for which I will be eternally ashamed.  But to double down on that s**t show?  SMH....

You hit the nail on the head. I was honest enough to make a clean break with the way international in 2008 and I also avoided offshoots, though I was recruited by three of them when I made the mistake of reaching out to see what they were about. They wanted me to goto work for them. Sorry...not in the cards. It's a tough pill to swallow at first when you cut ties and are back to being an average Joe instead of some spiritual heavyweight kicking it in the cornfields of Ohio.....im rolling my eyes as I type. But seriously, once I checked my ego at the door and realized I had always been just like everyone else then life was a lot easier to adjust too, and a lot more enjoyable than it had ever been. 

I also sorted through the various theological points I learned from the way international and discarded a lot of things that have not stood as scriptural. 

It's a tough process all in all. However, I can say on the other side of the process I am a stronger Christian than I have ever been and more humble than I have ever been. I am a happy guy these days.

• Like 1

So in the land of coconut monkeys it seems the latest trend is exegetical teachings of whole sections of scripture.  A little like Calvary Chapel does except more opinionated.

I saw LCM doing it as well as the coconut monkey leaders.

Who knows maybe the next decade will bring us more literal translations according to abusage.  Lol.

And the only thing heavy in Ohio cornfields is cow :shithitsfan:

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

So in the land of coconut monkeys it seems the latest trend is exegetical teachings of whole sections of scripture.  A little like Calvary Chapel does except more opinionated.

I saw LCM doing it as well as the coconut monkey leaders.

Who knows maybe the next decade will bring us more literal translations according to abusage.  Lol.

And the only thing heavy in Ohio cornfields is cow :shithitsfan:

Leave it to pseudo-Christian cult-leaders to turn a sacred cow into a cash cow.